Fumbles :P

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#16 Post by Prophet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:21 am

Alright Fumbles, but I won't be happy if you begin canceling votes for self interest.

EDIT: And that situation actually is rare on the server. Out of all the matches we play, very few end in draw, fewer when one side is actually going anywhere.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

Ok

#17 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:00 am

I wont dissapoint you or rota, i dont want to cancel votes for self interest. Imagine winning and playing for 70 minutes, your about to win but opposite teams calls draw and its passed wont you be annoyied you wasted soo much time for nothing. I would cancel a vote like rota said only if its based on a team losing. If the game is going nowhere and someone calls it i wont do it. Ive been admin before i know what to do, just need you to run me through commands.
-Fumbles

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#18 Post by CrackD0wn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:51 am

Fumbles wrote:Well your right prophet its a slippery slope but, lets say there are 10 humans and 9 aliens and aliens are winning. Humans see that they have 10 people and vote end match in draw (this has happened a lot of times on server). The end vote is 10 yes and 9 no. How would you justify that. Its not what admin wants its what the winning team wants. The losing team are usually sore losers. So because of that you sonno and hopefully me cancel stupid votes like that. I dont know about others but when votes like that are called it just gets on my nerves. If your losing deal with it. At least lose with honor. Back me up on this one Rota :P
thats why the vote has to pass 70% not 50%

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#19 Post by Prophet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:16 pm

CrackDown, 1.2 has all default features. 51 percent is all you need.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

#20 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:54 pm

What do u mean 51 percent?
Daring admin of mystery,
Champion of right,
Swoops out of the shadows,
Fumbles owns the night.
Somewhere some villain schemes,
But his number's up.

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#21 Post by CrackD0wn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:55 pm

>.>

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

#22 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:56 pm

That was a fast reply even though id dindnt answer my question -_- :P
Daring admin of mystery,
Champion of right,
Fumbles owns the night.
But his number's up.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#23 Post by Rotacak » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Prophet: I agree with you, draw vote is good to use in ... draw situations. That is selfexplanatory :)

But theres few situations, where is possible to ruin game by draw vote. Never happen to you? You never played game with winning team and suddently game ends like draw because you din't notice draw vote at all? I was in that situation fewtimes and my teammates too.

It's like after hour of game is finally reactor unprotected and alines will shoot him down in next 5 minutes and humans start draw vote. That is nonsense.

In short: draw vote with reason "on no, I am scared, I will lose in 5 minutes, I cant win, hurry vote draw, they must not win!" should be canceled.

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#24 Post by Prophet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:35 pm

It's hard to explain. But on your server, the game decided long before SD and anyone starts killing buildings. Usually, their is one or two bases that decide the game. The team that controls the uh.. "unkillable base" (eg Unknown in Highrise and Cookies in Lowrise) Theawinning team (which btw is always the team with the unkillable base, will always f2 draws, even though they know they wont win for another 30-40 minutes. Obviously the team without the unkillable base, bored and unable to do anything about the enemy, usually attempt this draw vote before disconnecting.

EDIT: There also times where even the winning team is bored and want the draw vote, I think admin would be best off encouraging people to vote instead of suppressing the majority. Obviously if nodes, RC, OM or eggs are down I wouldn't let such a vote pass.

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#25 Post by Quarko » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I think draw vote should need 75% votes to succeed.

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#26 Post by CrackD0wn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Quarko wrote:I think draw vote should need 75% votes to succeed.
i second that

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

???

#27 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Rota to give admin rights u need to meet the person in game or u dont have to. Ill be on in half and hour on 1.2 r unlimited cz after a while ima have to go to the mall. And i agree with prophet the winning team is the one with unkillable base, but there are only 2 maps that i know hat have those bases and u mentioned them both. But usually draw votes on unlimted server are called 10 min before a team wins. Some of them are when game is going nowhere and those are ok. But if a team is gonna win no need to make draw vote. Am i making any sense here :? :P

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#28 Post by Prophet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Actually there are many more bases extremely difficult to kill because to the UBP factor.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

#29 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:39 pm

difficult to kill but not unkillable :P
Daring admin of mystery,
Champion of right,
Fumbles owns the night.
But his number's up.

Prophet