Fumbles :P

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

Fumbles :P

#1 Post by Fumbles » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Hello, its me fumbles. Uh well i always play on your server and me and prophet are friends i guess i was wondering if i could fill an admin spot. Im not to crazy about banning all i would like is to be an admin who can have the right to mute players and cancel votes, like a security guard. Mostly because on your server many people vote spam like kick and change map every couple of seconds and sometimes its just too annoying or distracting. Sonno and me are both in DBD, I am the leader of the clan and it would be nice if you could visit dbdclan.at.ua and tell me what you think of our clan website. Well ill talk to you later hopefully. If you want to contact me my email is uaboyx@gmail.com
Im not sure though if prophet recommended me or not, probably not :P
do we need a recommendation?

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#2 Post by Rotacak » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 am

First of all, admin application is here: http://trem.rotaxmame.cz/viewtopic.php?t=259

Second: nice web :)

Third: yes, you need recomendation, because I dont know you, I am on server very short time.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

Fumbles Again

#3 Post by Fumbles » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Well i don't have recommendation from prophet ill ask him today if he thinks he could recommend me, ill try to answer server as best as i can :P

I am 15 years old almost 16

my in game nickname is Fumbles

I have veen playing tremulous 1.2 maybe 3 or so weeks, but i usually end up 2nd best or third in a lot of games.

R Unlimited CZ server is the only server i play on usually on less its down. You can ask Prophet im on it all the time :P

Yes i have deconed, but not to for bad reason. I would decon acid tubes to build hives instead of acid tubes.

No i have never cheated, i think cheating doesn't show skill at all.

I am not sure about lv admin commands in Urban terror i used admin commands just not sure about it in this game.

Yes i have had admin levels, just on another game called Urban Terror

I want to be admin because on you R UNLIMITED CZ server a lot of people spam vote console spam and annoy or distract other players, it would be nice to teach them a lesson by muting them or kicking them.

no

not that i know of

yes i understand the rules and will try my best to follow them and enforce them so others do too.

I havent read admin rules i will today.

d) i lose admin rights ill just move on and still play on your server. Funnest server i have ever been on and i wouldn't want to switch. So id just deal with it and continue playing :P

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#4 Post by Prophet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm

I've thought about it and I recommend Fumbles for level 3. As always, I'll give him a run down on the rules and stuff.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

#5 Post by Fumbles » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:11 pm

So just to be sure lv is an admin that mutes cancels votes, and kicks, no bans
juts being sure :)
Daring admin of mystery,
Champion of right,
Swoops out of the shadows,
Fumbles owns the night.
Somewhere some villain schemes,
But his number's up.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

#6 Post by Fumbles » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Uhh rotacak can u make lv 3 admins be able to cancel votes. I was on r unlimited cz on 1.2 and its was map lowrise, aliens were winning and then human called vote to end match in draw. Probably all humans votes yes because they saw they were losing and aliens voted no but not all aliens voted. That why since if im able to be lv 3 admin i could stop matches from ending because a team is losing. It would be bette rif lv 3 admins can cancel vote.
Daring admin of mystery,
Champion of right,
Fumbles owns the night.
But his number's up.

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#7 Post by Prophet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:53 pm

I know it sucks Fumbles, but you can't cancelvote anyways. If people want to change map, you really have no right to force your will over the majority.

Cancelvote is limited to 1, vote spam by someone over and over, or 2 stop an unjustified mute or kick vote.

Admins exist to keep a server protected from trolls and deconners, not to teach people how to lose gracefully.

It's really up to Rota to decide what level of admin or if you get admin at all, but until you understand this, I'm not so sure you're ready to be a senior admin.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

Ye

#8 Post by Fumbles » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 pm

i understand this and i know its up to rotacak, i was speaking on behalf of alien team. I just dont see the point in not finishing the match. I have no trouble regulating rules and i try really hard, but if a teams winning dont calla vote to end match just because your losing. And when i go on r unlimited cz can u explain all rules i must follow, and if i do become admin explain when i can do something and when i cant, i would really appreciate it.

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#9 Post by CrackD0wn » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:16 pm

hmm fumbles if u cancelled a end draw match vote then i think you still have a lot to learn

what majority wants, majority gets

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#10 Post by Prophet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:38 pm

CrackD0wn wrote:hmm fumbles if u cancelled a end draw match vote then i think you still have a lot to learn

what majority wants, majority gets
He didn't cancel anything, as he's not admin.

Honestly Fumbles, it's not a big deal if the losing team votes draw just because they're losing. At the end of the game, both teams know who really won.

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

#11 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 am

ye i guess the team know who won. Its just so stupid building soo much and about to win then draw, its not fair but ye, what majority wants majority gets :(
Daring admin of mystery,
Champion of right,
Fumbles owns the night.
But his number's up.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#12 Post by Rotacak » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 am

Fumbles: I hate that too. In early trem versions every noob voted restart when his team started losing. Then trem servers evolved and restart cannot be voted after X minutes from start (dunno how 1.2).

Prophet:
I need to correct you a little. You have right, majority is majority, but in fact, when come out such vote, many players from winning team can not notice it, because they winning/playing hard and suddently - draw vote passed. WTF? Then it is not majority and theres also players, whose dont know how to vote.

So in that case, when game going well and it is long game already, then draw is nonsense and we should do cancelvote (admin should recognize if it is "I losing so I vote draw" causa, or "Its draw, no progress nowhere, I vote draw"). Draw vote can be called repeatedly if you cancelvote it, but when you will end game with that vote, you cannot fix it anymore.

I will set admin him probably tomorow, I need to define other admin levels too. And add you to admin group on forum, there is explanation of admin commands too (now hidden).

Prophet
Dretch
Dretch

#13 Post by Prophet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:18 am

Rotacak wrote:Prophet:
I need to correct you a little. You have right, majority is majority, but in fact, when come out such vote, many players from winning team can not notice it, because they winning/playing hard and suddently - draw vote passed. WTF? Then it is not majority and theres also players, whose dont know how to vote.
Ahh but on this server, the game is NEVER going anywhere fast, I do cancelvote if theres no egg/node left or if one team lost and wont accept it. Usually, one team is "losing" but wont actually lose for the next 20-30 minutes. For example, the human team is trapped in Station 3 of Lowrise, and they cant get out because their are acids on the tele. The alien team KNOWs its gonna win (eventually?) so they f2, the humans, well, they can't do anything but camp the whole time, the quality of game play is lost. I do see your point though, I'll cancel "sneaky" draw votes that are unfair for one team.

EDIT: Another thing, the reason I don't like canceling votes for this reason is that it's a slippery slope, it's very abusable to give admins a way to justify canceling votes any time they want, "I don't want this draw so I'm canceling and some people didn't vote anyways."

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

Prophet

#14 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 am

Yes the game loses its fun if one team has to camp, but the winning team worked to hard to just end the match in a draw. The winning team is like WTF what was the point of even playing if it was gonna be a draw. Games should always end with one team losing. If you are going to make me admin plz give me right like what prophet has, to cancel vote. Because i wanted to be admin to stop the end match in draw and end match vote spams. :)

-Fumbles

my full game name is {DBD}Fumbles btw. :P

Fumbles
Granger
Granger

#15 Post by Fumbles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:08 am

Well your right prophet its a slippery slope but, lets say there are 10 humans and 9 aliens and aliens are winning. Humans see that they have 10 people and vote end match in draw (this has happened a lot of times on server). The end vote is 10 yes and 9 no. How would you justify that. Its not what admin wants its what the winning team wants. The losing team are usually sore losers. So because of that you sonno and hopefully me cancel stupid votes like that. I dont know about others but when votes like that are called it just gets on my nerves. If your losing deal with it. At least lose with honor. Back me up on this one Rota :P
Daring admin of mystery,
Champion of right,
Fumbles owns the night.
But his number's up.