Muffinman

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

canki
Server supporter
Server supporter

Muffinman

#1 Post by canki » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:04 pm

We played mission one, i joined h team. Some player startetd teambleed and tk. I said it to muffin man. I said: warn him. He warned me by don't say me what to do and joined alien team...

After this some nub moved rc without warn, ok it sometimes happend. When aliens kileld us i said: ruined game and muffin man muted me. Nextmap he warn the rc deconer by say why did you decon rc or kick. He didn't say nothing, so muffinman banned him.

I don't like warn to me, mute and i really hate, that he didn't believe me and ignored me.

canki
Server supporter
Server supporter

#2 Post by canki » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:06 pm

I will not be on pc all week, so i will be active on forum on Monday.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#3 Post by Rotacak » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:12 pm

I see atleast two bad things:
1) wrong use /warn
2) wrong use /mute

lucyrant
Basilisk
Basilisk

#4 Post by lucyrant » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:36 pm

i was on when this happened and i think that muffin shouldn't have muted but i think muffin had the right to warn then kick at first he just askedd him without warn but when he wouldn't reply then he warned twice and then kicked
Who will win: Lucifer Cannon or Tyrant well, I'm both.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#5 Post by grmg.pl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:25 pm

lucyrant wrote:(...)
Go to school, ask a teacher whats wrong with Your shitty style of writing sentences.

canki wrote:Some player startetd teambleed and tk.
/callvote kick idiot -r fucking idiot

Helps a lot if the bitch is really annoying.

1.I said it to muffin man. 2.I said: warn him. 3.He warned me by don't say me what to do and joined alien team...
1. Good.
2. Bad.
3. Good.

After this some nub moved rc without warn, ok it sometimes happend.
You're right, noob moves happen. Move back or build new location. Also if he moved RC closer to OM - good, random, but good.

When aliens kileld us i said: ruined game
Bullshit. To lose a game You either have to have a really shitty team (no teamwork) or go against vs stacked pros. Like Muffin.

and muffin man muted me.
Muffin muted me like 3 times EVER. Being named Second Worst Bitch after some other SaS noob has to account for something. If he muted a "low profile mouth" like You, You HAD to do something to REALLY deserve it.

Nextmap he warn the rc deconer by say why did you decon rc or kick. He didn't say nothing, so muffinman banned him.
He was scared or he didn't know how to speak in trem or he didn't speak english. Ban was not for not responding.

1. I don't like warn to me, 2.mute and i really hate, 3.that he didn't believe me and ignored me.

1. It happened, nothing there to like or don't like about.
2. Explained above.
3. You're pissed off on Muffin, coz u blame MUFFIN for lost game while You should either A.blame Youself if You had top score in h team or b. Blame entire h team.

And for finale :D

Not many people that i know of, likes to OVERTLY told what to do. A matter of maturity and male-hood.
I would warn You likewise than if You didn't get the message I would mute You.
Not to mention that in real life that shit would be ignored or dealt with in a VERY simplistic way.

Rotacak wrote:I see atleast two bad things:
1) wrong use /warn
2) wrong use /mute

Actually, what Muffin did is perfect example of the rule "Don't be a fucking idiot". Here's why:

What kind of PICTURE will be admins "vibing" to rest of ppl , if they allow themselves to be GUIDED.

Ie: I, having a bad day like today, start bitching around and some random fragile noob comes in and yells "mute him". So ie. Sames mutes me.
Now, he did that because i broke rules or did he do that because someone TOLD him to do so?

What picture of "admin" creates in Your mind in first case, what in the second?

GLaDOS
Granger
Granger

#6 Post by GLaDOS » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Grmg. You complain about how others say things (E.G. fail structure of sentence) yet you, are swearing repeatedly at people, and quoting the rule don't be an idiot, but I don't see any 'fucking' in that rule. Get your quotes right.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#7 Post by grmg.pl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:24 pm

GLaDOS wrote:Grmg. You complain about how others say things (E.G. fail structure of sentence) yet you, are swearing repeatedly at people, and quoting the rule don't be an idiot, but I don't see any 'fucking' in that rule. Get your quotes right.
No no no. I don't 1. complain about 2. others.

1. I do not COMPLAIN.
2. Plural. One lucyrant failed to write anything that resembles english.

Yes i am swearing, repeatedly. Your point is?

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#8 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:59 am

Hmm grmg less swear words... less :D...

I know Muffin from long time... He is good admin, elastic, and he listen to others... One thing is, that is very important - DO NOT try to make admin do something... Canki... Youre not admin of 1.2 (yet I belive) so dont ruin our reputation. It isnt easy to prove that we are good, but often ppl like Redemption try to "Use" us... Yes Red... I take it that way. 1.2 got a lot of noobs(ofc as well as 1.1), that try to make their own way and yet we have to find a resolution. I will talk with Muffin about this and you will see how mature he can be... I know for sure Muffin want good for server...

Other side is - we have currently a dynamic ip deconner... So we all got nervous lately... Pleased to write to you!

(grmg my engriiish sooock tuuu!)
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

GLaDOS
Granger
Granger

#9 Post by GLaDOS » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:21 pm

grmg.pl wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:Grmg. You complain about how others say things (E.G. fail structure of sentence) yet you, are swearing repeatedly at people, and quoting the rule don't be an idiot, but I don't see any 'fucking' in that rule. Get your quotes right.
No no no. I don't 1. complain about 2. others.

1. I do not COMPLAIN.
2. Plural. One lucyrant failed to write anything that resembles english.

Yes i am swearing, repeatedly. Your point is?
My point is that the swearing is not needed. You do it all the time.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#10 Post by Rotacak » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Tell me something. Is in rules something like this?:
"If player tell to admin what he should do, mute him."

It is? No. Admin can judge if it is needed and he can check that player or no. But definitely cannot warn him for this. This IS against admin rules.

Even that reply without warn in normal chat would be very weird from adnim. When player want to tell that something bad happen, he want to help, and he got warn for that. (I am not talking about noob spammers, whose screaming kick him, ban him, every second).

And I dont get that mute. He said "ruined game". That is reason for mute? If he say "You fucking admin ruined game", then MAYBE yes. Maybe. Because if he not spamming and not annoying and admin is not pissed from dealing with hundred idiots before minute, then even this should not be muted.

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

Re: Muffinman

#11 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:43 pm

canki wrote:We played mission one, i joined h team. Some player startetd teambleed and tk. I said it to muffin man. I said: warn him. He warned me by don't say me what to do and joined alien team...

After this some nub moved rc without warn, ok it sometimes happend. When aliens kileld us i said: ruined game and muffin man muted me. Nextmap he warn the rc deconer by say why did you decon rc or kick. He didn't say nothing, so muffinman banned him.

I don't like warn to me, mute and i really hate, that he didn't believe me and ignored me.

Ok Canki listen up,

First of all I can't do 12,482 things at once...

I joined the alien team because they were totally failing at one stage.

I do apologize though for having forgotten about the teambleeder but during mission one teambleed is as useless as shit, as you're just running around most of the time... Next time call kick?

I muted you for euhm... a few seconds? because you couldn't stop complaining. We actually have an attentionspan which lasts for more than 30 seconds, so please stop saying 'bad game' or 'shitty player' and the like constantly... It really isn't constructive at all.
I don't like warn to me, mute and i really hate, that he didn't believe me and ignored me
Well Canki, too bad for you we won't make exceptions... /warn and /mute are part of the game... if you now start flattering these, then I'm sorry for you.

On the other hand, I didn't ignore nor disbelieve you... Sometimes I gotta verify that statement myself before I'll take action. I simply can't kick people without saying "I saw that myself"... Admins shouldn't be that influental.

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#12 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Rotacak wrote:Tell me something. Is in rules something like this?:
"If player tell to admin what he should do, mute him."

It is? No. Admin can judge if it is needed and he can check that player or no. But definitely cannot warn him for this. This IS against admin rules.

Even that reply without warn in normal chat would be very weird from adnim. When player want to tell that something bad happen, he want to help, and he got warn for that. (I am not talking about noob spammers, whose screaming kick him, ban him, every second).

And I dont get that mute. He said "ruined game". That is reason for mute? If he say "You fucking admin ruined game", then MAYBE yes. Maybe. Because if he not spamming and not annoying and admin is not pissed from dealing with hundred idiots before minute, then even this should not be muted.
Rota, at that stage I have been seeing to that issue for several minutes and he still kept on annoying me with this deconner issue and then was, in accordance to my opinion, a little too drastic and wanted immediate kick whilst I wanted a reason for it. (After all I can still do IP ban if he simply quits)

The mute was at the immediate end of the game, so no huge hinderance was added, so I personally do not understand all this flattering... I do mute quite often just to get the players attention because simply talking to them wouldn't get any reaction or them to stop uttering. I usually don't mute such for more than 3 seconds... I am just saying 'listen up' and unmute them...

If it's totally idiotic to do such, correct me.. Otherwise, the players shouldn't go on here complaining about a miniscule mute

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#13 Post by grmg.pl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Rotacak wrote:"If player tell to admin what he should do, mute him."
No no no. Why was Canski MUTED is between him and Muffin (what really happened i mean). Judging Muffins decisions till now, conclusion is simple - the mute was with a good reason. Dont assume otherwise untill You have PROOF - ie logs, screens, condump. Cankis' word is not proof ENOUGH (not to imply disrespect ofc).
But definitely cannot warn him for this. This IS against admin rules.
Yes, it is against the rules. Since warn does nothing more beyond text message is equal in consequences to "stfu/no" typed in console.
Even that reply without warn in normal chat would be very weird from adnim.
How often do You do what You're told to do, by someone who should not be telling You what to do?

When player want to tell that something bad happen, he want to help, and he got warn for that.
"Since warn does nothing more beyond text message is equal in consequences to "stfu/no" typed in console."

And I dont get that mute.
He said "ruined game".
That is reason for mute?
If he say "You fucking admin ruined game", then MAYBE yes.
Maybe. Because if he not spamming and not annoying and admin is not pissed from dealing with hundred idiots before minute, then even this should not be muted.

The problem is - theres no evidence (not here anyway) provided for and agains what Canki is saying. The FACT is he got muted. Find out why. 90% - he did something to deserve it.

EDIT
The mute was at the immediate end of the game

Loooooooooooool. I assumed he was muted for like half an hour :d

Not even worth discussing anymore IMO.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#14 Post by Rotacak » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:18 pm

TheMuffinMann: That thing with muting for getting attention is strange. Even more on end of game, when canki must have attention on you.

And I think, that everything can be done without warn.

grmg.pl: for "stfu" admin should use chat. Warn is for warning "I warning you, stop/do this or I will punish you".
grmg.pl wrote:How often do You do what You're told to do, by someone who should not be telling You what to do?
It depends. And I not saying that he should do it. Only he should not to mute/warn him.

He hardly did something what deserve mute, because he is admin on 1.1. But if he was muted for 3 sec, then we all damaging our keyboards for nothing in this topic.

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#15 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Rotacak... Told you that Muffin isnt doing it bad...

Only think that got destroyed or hurt, was pride of Canki :D
Canki do you want us to fight more, or you think that this case is closed? :D
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"