Maps on server and map requests

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

PPNL
Server supporter
Server supporter

my first map ever made

#1 Post by PPNL » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 am

Forum Removed by my self T_T
Last edited by PPNL on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#2 Post by Iltavuo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:43 am

The map leaks to void
You shouldn't have any holes or gaps in the walls that separate the playable area from the empty space around the map. You could also try scaling the textures on the doors/floors etc by shift+ctrl+mouse click selecting a single face from a brush and then pressing S, which opens a dialog which you can use the adjust the texture scale/rotation/placement. You might want to read tutorials if you don't know much of mapping before hand.

I don't really like the orange/brown walls. You didn't say what's the theme of the map, but you could try setting a skybox shader on them to make them go easy on the eye. Why is the room so huge? Atleast I'd prefer you releasing the new version as pk3 files.(renmae a somezip.zip to somezip.pk3 and create a maps folder in there. Put the bsp file there)
Last edited by Iltavuo on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ani
Granger
Granger

#3 Post by ani » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:46 am

hi
it can't be played like this
you need to create a folder called "levelshot", a folder called "maps", a folder called "scripts" and a folder called "textures".
in levelshot folder you put a screenshot you made while testing your map
in maps folder you put you .bsp and .map file
in script folder you create a file called threesome.arena then you write in this file:
{
map "threesome"
longname "threesome"
type "tremulous"
}
in textures folder you put all textures you used (you don't need this folder if you used other maps textures)

i watched it by netradiant
it is a giant xD
but it would be easy for humans to win
i know it is your first try so watch tutorials and put boxes at middle =)

PPNL
Server supporter
Server supporter

#4 Post by PPNL » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Iltavuo wrote:The map leaks to void
You shouldn't have any holes or gaps in the walls that separate the playable area from the empty space around the map. You could also try scaling the textures on the doors/floors etc by shift+ctrl+mouse click selecting a single face from a brush and then pressing S, which opens a dialog which you can use the adjust the texture scale/rotation/placement. You might want to read tutorials if you don't know much of mapping before hand.

I don't really like the orange/brown walls. You didn't say what's the theme of the map, but you could try setting a skybox shader on them to make them go easy on the eye. Why is the room so huge? Atleast I'd prefer you releasing the new version as pk3 files.(renmae a somezip.zip to somezip.pk3 and create a maps folder in there. Put the bsp file there)

REMOVE POSSSTTTT, this is a shame T_T

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#5 Post by Iltavuo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm

It only makes you stronger.