Maps on server and map requests

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

ani
Granger
Granger

#16 Post by ani » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 pm

1. In your folder "textures" of your map , create a folder named "atcshd"

2. Unzip "atcshd-gpp.pk3"

3. Copy/Past the textures from the folder "atcshd" (from the .pk3) in the folder "atcshd" of your map

And it should work

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#17 Post by Rotacak » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:43 pm

ani: that is bad solution.

1. In your folder "textures" of your map , create a folder named "yourmapname"

That is right way.

If you use existing folder in your pk3 map, and you use same texture names BUT different textures, it can be changed even in atcshd map or it will not work in your map again (depend on map name). Same with shaders names (it already happen on some maps).

Just use own folder names.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#18 Post by Lanac » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:55 am

I changed all my textures in atcs(normal, 1.1 def) textures so eceryone will be in able to see it. In beta 2 i will change textures and add some more hallways, i will add 1 secret place, and i will watch for bugs in my alpha 1 and try to fix em in beta 2. My alpha 1 is right now compiling with finnal setings and thats very slooow. hope it will be done in 1 hour ;).

EDIT: It was only 2 times slower :), textures are from atcs and water is from karith.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xtini52dicf23nn
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

ani
Granger
Granger

#19 Post by ani » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:17 am

if he create a folder named "yourmapname" there will be a problem too because the path texture of his .map will still be /atcshd/texturename. and players still won't see his textures.
he will need to open is .map with a text editor and change manually "/atcshd/texturename"
to "yourmapname/texturename"

if he had wanted to do this without problem he would have need to create the folder before starting map making

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#20 Post by Lanac » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:19 am

ani wrote:if he create a folder named "yourmapname" there will be a problem too because the path texture of his .map will still be /atcshd/texturename. and players still won't see his textures.
he will need to open is .map with a text editor and change manually "/atcshd/texturename"
to "yourmapname/texturename"

if he had wanted to do this without problem he would have need to create the folder before starting map making
ani, its not needed anymore. I made all with atcs +water from karith textures. I will explore it in beta2 how to make other textures work.
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#21 Post by Rotacak » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:42 am

ani wrote: if he had wanted to do this without problem he would have need to create the folder before starting map making
Yea, or retexture map.

ani
Granger
Granger

#22 Post by ani » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:40 am

right but it is boring ^^