Transparency (alpha 2 now available)

Maps on server and map requests

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Fang152
Marauder
Marauder

#46 Post by Fang152 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Ehm.. how do you open a map that you downloaded if it doesn't appear in the options menu :?:

Lancer
Tyrant
Tyrant

#47 Post by Lancer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:01 pm

/map {mapname}
Care to check out Jucaspel?

http://on.fb.me/16BFTKE

Pikachu
Dretch
Dretch

#48 Post by Pikachu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah just type map trans and hit tab for autocomplete.
Just updated the file, make sure you don't use the old one on a server because jetpack really breaks things.

I also removed some no build zones from the first alpha as people were sometimes getting confused by those. That might allow for some dirty play, I've just removed them to see how it will play out without. I'm expecting I'll need to add them back in next version, but you never know. Sometimes the most fun tactics come out of an oversight...
Also, map still needs particles, sounds, locations, lightsources, lighting in general, decals and some more variations on the texture theme etc.
zap zap zap

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#49 Post by Spl@ » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm not convinced about extra texturing – the first release was very clean in this respect and benefitted a lot from that.
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

Pikachu
Dretch
Dretch

#50 Post by Pikachu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:52 pm

I got a lot of complaints about the first one looking too plain, and many people say they like the texturing now... can't please everyone. I also put a lot of time in it and don't feel like throwing it all away now. Just mapping with one texture is fun tho, I'll try making another map like that at some point.

I'm gonna mangle this one, break the symetric layout and throw away some outside parts, the vis sucks and I think it'll be more fun when it's no longer symetric. The outside still isn't working. The upper loop seems to be the major selling point atm so I'll be keeping that.
zap zap zap

Fang152
Marauder
Marauder

#51 Post by Fang152 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 am

Ask rota to add it to RCZ