Share evos/credits?

Fun and interesting screenshots and demos

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Me_Again
Dretch
Dretch

Share evos/credits?

#1 Post by Me_Again » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 am

Why we don't have the ability to share evos/credits on this server?

It will increase teamwork!!!
People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows...

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

Re: Share evos/credits?

#2 Post by grmg.pl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:54 am

Me_Again wrote:It will increase teamwork!!!

Good player can get evos himself, the bad one will only suck the evos from the good one (and lose them anyway). It won't increase teamwork unless You have ONLY good players.

I will only support share if Rota increases votecount to 10 :D. Already I have to denybuild usless retspammers like messi, DjAnderson, hotshot, adding share will allow me to mute "shareme noobs" for "share me" spam.

Also at this moment I would like to say many thanks for bringing back poll :D

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#3 Post by Spl@ » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 am

What could be more interesting is this: if you cannot earn more credits or evos, what you would have earned should be spread among the rest of the team.
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#4 Post by Rotacak » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Share/donate and credits overflow is bad. On official trem forum is somewhere nice thread with explanation.

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#5 Post by Spl@ » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 pm

As I said, interesting… :P

Definitely useful on a training server, though.
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#6 Post by Quarko » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Rotacak wrote:Share/donate and credits overflow is bad. On official trem forum is somewhere nice thread with explanation.
Then please remove it on 1.1 too! It sucks as hell...

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#7 Post by Rotacak » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:01 am

Quarko wrote:
Rotacak wrote:Share/donate and credits overflow is bad. On official trem forum is somewhere nice thread with explanation.
Then please remove it on 1.1 too! It sucks as hell...
Sadly, if we remove it, then we lose even more players.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#8 Post by Rotacak » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:10 am

Raptor
Granger
Granger

#9 Post by Raptor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Rotacak wrote:BTW, here is that explanation: http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=7587.0
rota look what happened when i clicked (u can use google transalator)
Peligro: se ha detectado software malicioso
Google Chrome ha bloqueado el acceso a esta página en tremulous.net.
Se ha insertado contenido de www.scoutshop.biz, un distribuidor de software malicioso conocido, en esta página web. Si accedes a ella, es muy probable que tu ordenador se infecte con software malicioso.
El software malicioso provoca dańos como robo de identidad, pérdidas financieras y eliminación permanente de archivos.
Beware THE CREATOR OF THE GRANGER!

nalf
Granger
Granger

#10 Post by nalf » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Spl@ wrote:What could be more interesting is this: if you cannot earn more credits or evos, what you would have earned should be spread among the rest of the team.
Spl@, this would mean that if 1/2 of the human team camps (which is quote normal), their overflowed $s would be spread among the other ones. The result - campy game with all humans bsuit-lucis all the time.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#11 Post by Lanac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Raptor, stop fucking necroing 2 years old threads
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#12 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 am

I like this guy. He is the smartest one there:
Plague wrote:What a load.

All this debate about whether share is slowly killing the strategy involved in Tremulous is Pure Nonsense.

There are no numbers whatsoever that share has somehow increased camping or complacency, it's merely an individual perception or else one player hears it from another and it solidifies into fact. Lets make a fairly large assumption in assuming share has made it easier to obtain a higher credit- or evo-costing weapon/upgrade/class. So what? After all, it's not what weapon or class you currently have, it's how you use that and for what purpose. Many of the top-tier players (note of clarification: those that I know, almost exclusively NA) have little concern whether share is enabled or not, as they are justifiably secure in the knowledge that they have the skills to use any or most of the available weapons/upgrades/classes at hand to the teams benefit. If you want to peg individual player traits, such as camping, kill-whoring, feeding etc. on share you can. But when that same player is still camping, kill-whoring, and feeding without share, I hope the point has been made that such a minor game element like share will not make or break a player, how they choose to play the game will.

In the end, we're left arguing over what should be a non-issue. Different players have different preferences, and if they're faced with a server that is in conflict with those set preferences - leave. The fact that you're (the reader, not the OP of the thread or any respondents in particular) not being forced to play on a specific server, use a specific QVM, et cetera should in theory negate any right to complain about something like share, and yet invariably complaints arise. There are many things I don't like, whether they're related to Tremulous or not. I hardly feel compelled to stand in front of the Tremulous community and arrogantly act like I can tell the community what they should or should not condone. Like it or not, share has quickly become accepted as a common setting, and although not everyone is in full agreement with it, any decision to remove it from the QVM's or source trunks that currently have support for share would be seen as more antagonistic than meaningful.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

Raptor
Granger
Granger

#13 Post by Raptor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Lanac wrote:Raptor, stop fucking necroing 2 years old threads
ok but i would apriciate better language for someone who's older than me :/
Beware THE CREATOR OF THE GRANGER!

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#14 Post by Lanac » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Raptor wrote:
Lanac wrote:Raptor, stop fucking necroing 2 years old threads
ok but i would apriciate better language for someone who's older than me :/
Sorry, I'm just alergic to necros, and past few weeks have been really tough for me, so I'm slightly loosing patience in everything.

ONTOPIC: Even though it's old thread, idea is bad except for few cases.
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#15 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 am

Rotey - it would be good to enable donate or share for top players. Sometimes I have the urge to share players which are close to rush or so. (top ones). Is it possible?
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"