Windows 8 VirtualBox

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Android
Dretch
Dretch

#16 Post by Android » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:52 pm

^ I was kidding about the bad OS thing, cause 98 was bad from videos I saw, and ME looked actually pretty (less pretty than Windows 8 of course....) But still, ME wasn't really a that serious project like XP and 8
Idk how to solve the Virtual PC thing, seems something with the Virtual PC apps, not Windows 8.
The little green guys will smack ya! (Grangers)

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#17 Post by Quarko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Android wrote:^ I was kidding about the bad OS thing, cause 98 was bad from videos I saw, and ME looked actually pretty (less pretty than Windows 8 of course....) But still, ME wasn't really a that serious project like XP and 8
Idk how to solve the Virtual PC thing, seems something with the Virtual PC apps, not Windows 8.
Well, actually ME did suck if you went deeper. Constant crashes, driver problems and other weirdnesses. But as for a youngster - it was enough to play Unreal Tournament :P

Sgt. Silverburn
Dretch
Dretch

#18 Post by Sgt. Silverburn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:42 pm

I have the 64-bit version installed on Virtualbox. Had to go in to my BIOS first to enable virtualization.

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#19 Post by Spl@ » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#20 Post by Lanac » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:28 pm

God damnit, microsoft suck bals again. If that happen, linux gonna loose alot of users.
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#21 Post by Quarko » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Lanac wrote:
God damnit, microsoft suck bals again. If that happen, linux gonna loose alot of users.
Ha ha ha ha! :D I'm kind of 99% sure that stuff will never happen. Problem is, using secure boot kind of locks your machine from anything, it almost converts your PC into some kind of X-Box. Custom optimized video drivers? Nope. Software overclocking? Mostly Nope. Cheap china-made camera for 5$? Nope.
Basically it's windows users who will start complaining the most, which will force Microsoft to release some "Unlocked" version of Windows 8 for that specific users.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#22 Post by Lanac » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Quarko wrote:
Lanac wrote:
Ha ha ha ha! :D I'm kind of 99% sure that stuff will never happen. Problem is, using secure boot kind of locks your machine from anything, it almost converts your PC into some kind of X-Box. Custom optimized video drivers? Nope. Software overclocking? Mostly Nope. Cheap china-made camera for 5$? Nope.
Basically it's windows users who will start complaining the most, which will force Microsoft to release some "Unlocked" version of Windows 8 for that specific users.
Lol, i hope it wont happend. I would like to install win 8(dual-boot), since tons of games cant be runned with Wine, since there is no "fix" to install .net framework 4.0
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#23 Post by Spl@ » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Lanac wrote:
God damnit, microsoft suck bals again. If that happen, linux gonna lose alot of users.
I quite like the idea of signed boot loader which loads a signed Linux kernel (with kexec and basic filesystem support) which, in turn, loads the ‘real’ kernel, which need not be signed… it's then a matter of building and signing that initial kernel (which could still be Interesting™) – but at least I'd be able to run custom kernels on boards which won't otherwise run unsigned code at boot.

But, hopefully, there'll be enough good hardware out there which will let those of us who dual-boot or only run non-Windows OSes to carry on without problems.
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

GLaDOS
Granger
Granger

#24 Post by GLaDOS » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Android wrote:I think it might be because of the 64-bit thing, I'm not sure but I think it doesn't support 64-Bit.
Anyway, just run it on another hard drive. Or run Linux in Virtual PC :D
GLaDOS, get an external hard drive :-)
Already got two external hard drives, and I've had them like a year now. a 1TB and 250GB. Don't need another!

Sgt. Silverburn
Dretch
Dretch

#25 Post by Sgt. Silverburn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:56 am

I have training in Debian linux and know a fair bit of commands and configuration.

i stick to windows mostly because linux all linux graphical environments are ugly as hell.

That's it really, I use windows because it looks better.

And because I've been using it so long, I'm good at using it. One thing comes from the other.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#26 Post by Lanac » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 am

Actually, linux is better than windows in graphic look. There are cool programs for special efects and themes. I use mac theme with the starter, cant realy explain, in windows xp it wrote start, i use the win7 one. SO my pc look like a mix between win7, os x and ubuntu :P
My Youtube Channel:

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#27 Post by Quarko » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:10 am

Oh nice, a holywar is starting.