Basic math.

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

Basic math.

#1 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

tgA is x/y, where x is the side opposite and y is the adjacent side.

X is 146.5 , Y is 115.2.

tgA is 146.5/115.2= 1.271701389

How to get the A angle?

Here, for your convenience: Calculator

Use the cyclometric function, type in:

arctg(1.271701389)

Use the dropdown menu to select "10 miejsc po przecinku" - it selects how accurate the calculation will be.

That give us the angle in radians - 0.904435310803.

Use Google calculator to convert the radians to arcseconds

That gives 186 553. Divided by 186 282 - is 1.00145

So our number in arcseconds compared to the second number is different by 1/1000. Guess what the 186 282 is?

The speed of light in miles per second.

Take a wild guess an tell me where the original numbers (146.5 and 115.2) came from.

Well, you say, from here. On the right side w have height 146.5 and half of the length of the side.

Now to really play Mulder part - check this out. Write down the speed of light in meters per second 299 792 458.

Go here.

Use the second searchbox "Search Google Maps with Decimal Notation:"

Type in in the latitude 29.9292 (the first six digits of lightspeed) and in longitude type 31.1343 (timesaver). Now click the Sat button to see the terrain.

The angle of the pyramid side and the pyramids' north latitude.

What is the STATISTICAL probability of the TWO of these "events" being found in a pile of stones built few thousand years ago?

Coincidence, right? :D

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#2 Post by Quarko » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm

There it starts, math magic *facepalm.jpg*

So, lets do it:
1. This thread number is 1183 (check in the address bar)
2. Your profile ID is 354
3. Lets convert them both to HEX, we get 49F and 162, together they give us 049F0162. Converted back to decimal it is 77529442
4. Now, if we divide that number by 77 then 76 then 65 then 69, the result will be "2.95392792", which is almost 3!

Now the funny part, do you know what are those numbers 77,76,65,69? Try look it up in ASCII table. Basically, the result is LAME*3 - triple LAME.

Coincidence? I think not!

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#3 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Quarko wrote:what he wrote

Yeah I agree with the - sufficient amount of operations will give the result WANTED- sure thats reasonable.

Still...

TWO close matches of the speed of light...??? Come on WTF?

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#4 Post by Quarko » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:01 pm

You mean that you started with meters, ended with feets (while egyptians used cubits), also switched from radians to some arcminutes (which I never even heared about) and you are telling me that it's not a coincidence?

Now try converting those numbers to gallons at some point, who knows, maybe you'll get the volume of iceberg that hit Titanic...

As about the coordinates, Egypt used the cubit instead of meters. Latitude is defined using degrees, which is just the division of a right angle by 90 degrees. The speed of light would be in cubits per time interval if developed then, degrees weren't standard in measuring angles either, let alone the fact that Egyptians didn't use the equator as a reference for Latitude.

Therefore, verdict: bullshit

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#5 Post by Redman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Did you notice that if you solve one of Maxwell's electrodynamics equations, you will get 299 792 458 m/s, which is exacly the speed of light. WTF?
Coincidence, right?

Sorry, I just had to spam in here. This thread is too stupid to be left not spammed. :P

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#6 Post by Quarko » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Did you mean "This thread is too stupid to not have Redman in it?" :P

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#7 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Quarko wrote:You mean that you started with meters
I could start with feets too.
Or for fun - the height of the pyramid is 146,5 kilograms :D

The angle between the slope and the base is the same anyway.

, ended with feets
Miles. Kilograms. Ounces. Whatever. It's the number that is important.
(while egyptians used cubits)
Yes they did. If we would still use cubits today we would get the speed of light in cubits. See above.

also switched from radians to some arcminutes (which I never even heared about)

That doesn't mean the "some arcminutes" don't exist.

and you are telling me that it's not a coincidence?
Take 1 degree from 90 degrees, divide it by 60, then again by 60 to get an arcsecond. Count how many arcsecond are in the angle of the pyramid side. You get lightspeed. Not the lenght of Redmans' penis (0 :D), not the forum number of this post, not the number of peopole living in some town.

Lightspeed. 1/1000 acurracy.

Take the coordinates, use the googlemap.

So if it is a coincidence, its really amazing one.

who knows, maybe you'll get the volume of iceberg that hit Titanic...
Thats my point, you don't get some scientifically insignificant number. You get a unique one.

As about the coordinates

OUR system of coordinates. OUR speed of light in m/s. In "cubit" system both coordinates and speed of light would be different LOOKING number than OURS.
Egypt used the cubit instead of meters
See above.
!OUR! Latitude is defined using degrees, which is just the division of a right angle by 90 degrees.
Add by me.

The speed of light would be in cubits per time interval if developed then,
True. See above.
degrees weren't standard in measuring angles either
Lets say the used "Egyptian-noob-mdcamper" coordinate system. Don't mix THEIR systems with OURS.
let alone the fact that Egyptians didn't use the equator as a reference for Latitude.

Doesn't matter what system THEY used. The calculations are based on OUR system, its different than THEIR system, but don't mix both.

Look at the numbers, then think about what coincidence is:

186 553 / arcseconds
186 282 =1.00145 speed

29 9792 458 speed
29 9791 75 coordinate

2 almost exact matches found in one object.

As for you Redman - Quarko offered at least some ARGUMENTS in his post, you didn't so, you know...

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#8 Post by Quarko » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Thats my point, you don't get some scientifically insignificant number. You get a unique one.
Oh duude. Problem is, ANY number is scientifically insignificant. Imagine if the result of those calculations would be... let's say 314159. Then the story would tell that "OMG, it is Pi! How cool is that! Not some insignificant number but Pi itself". Same would happen if it resulted in "e", "planck's constant" or any other constant out of millions. Each of them would be "OMFG, this happens to be significant number!".

As about units, you didn't understand what I said. The beginning is cool, you got the angle, arctanned it to radians, then got arcseconds. So basically you got 186553 arcseconds! Why the hell are you comparing it with feet?
I'll give you a nice idea. Take all of the world wonders, get their dimensions, and start shuffling the numbers changing units from liters to kilometers and from feet to pounds. You will find out that statue of liberty has a cure for cancer encoded into it's dimensions and that niagara falls have the height which corresponds to the predicted end of world day.

Basically:

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#9 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Quarko wrote:Take all of the world wonders, get their dimensions, and start shuffling the numbers changing units from liters to kilometers and from feet to pounds. You will find out that statue of liberty has a cure for cancer encoded into it's dimensions and that niagara falls have the height which corresponds to the predicted end of world day.
Would you care and provide an example?

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#10 Post by Redman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:28 pm

As for you Redman - Quarko offered at least some ARGUMENTS in his post, you didn't so, you know...
1. The pyramid is actually 138.5 m tall, not 146.59 m (erosion, etc.). That makes the tangent equal to 1.204427083333333, the atan equal to 0.8778684852549039 rads or 181073.373 arcsecs. Then the difference between the angle and speed of light in mph gets really big and can be called a coincidence.

2. Where the hell did you get the 31.1343 from?

3. You're using units, constants and functions that Ancient Egypt didn't know about.

4. There's shitload of ''math magic'' like that available in the Internet, for example: http://www.petrospec-technologies.com/H ... yramid.htm

Would you care and provide an example?
I can provide one.

Let's take the image that Quarko posted.
Draw three line segments:
- from top left corner of letter T in "TEN" to top right corner of letter T in "BULLSHIT"
- from bottom left corner of letter B in "BULLSHIT" to top right corner of letter F in "FROM"
- from top right corner of letter F in "FROM" to letter H in "BULLSHIT"
They intersect and create a triangle. We can split it into two right triangles.
After measuring alpha and beta angles, you get:
alpha = 34.09 degrees
beta = 39.7 degrees
Now we need to do some calculations (using radians as unit for angles):
tan(alpha) = -0.5049
atan(alpha) = 1.541
sin(beta) = 0.909
atan(beta) = 1.545
If we multiply all those four values, we get -1.0926985. The absolute value of this is 1.0926982, which is a good approximation of natural logarithm of pi!

See? I can calculate pi from Snape's face. Beat that!

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#11 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Redman wrote:1. The pyramid is actually 138.5 m tall, not 146.59 m (erosion, etc.)(...)

I'll ask you a question - where did YOU get the number "146,59"?
I got mine "146,5" from typing "the original dimensions of great pyramid" into google.

Since I knew where the latitude would point me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyramid_of_Giza

Top right corner. Click on coordinates.

You're using 1. units, 2. constants and 3. functions that Ancient Egypt didn't know about.

1. Irrelevant. Within the same SYSTEM the math "adds up" IOW - is correct.
2. True, but thats the cool part :D
3. Can't confirm, can't deny. As far as I know trigonometry comes from Greece. Also cool part :D

I dint' believe in the "pyramid crap math" until I took a pen and a paper. Not everything out there is true, but ,by comparison, not everything out there is bullshit either.

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#12 Post by Spl@ » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Quarko wrote:Now try converting those numbers to gallons at some point, who knows, maybe you'll get the volume of iceberg that hit Titanic…
Imperial or US gallons? :P
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#13 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 pm

ln(pi)example is good. Sill,Snape is not the pyramid :D

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#14 Post by Redman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:06 pm

grmg.pl wrote:
Redman wrote:1. The pyramid is actually 138.5 m tall, not 146.59 m (erosion, etc.)(...)

I'll ask you a question - where did YOU get the number "146,59"?
I got mine "146,5" from typing "the original dimensions of great pyramid" into google.
I got my value from Wikipedia. The difference doesn't really matter, because it's orders of magnitude smaller than pyramid's size.
grmg.pl wrote:
Since I knew where the latitude would point me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyramid_of_Giza
Top right corner. Click on coordinates.
You know, latitude 29.979 goes all the way around Earth, so it propably intersects thousands of other interesting buildings.
grmg.pl wrote:
You're using 1. units, 2. constants and 3. functions that Ancient Egypt didn't know about.

1. Irrelevant. Within the same SYSTEM the math "adds up" IOW - is correct.
2. True, but thats the cool part :D
3. Can't confirm, can't deny. As far as I know trigonometry comes from Greece. Also cool part :D
1. Not really. In the first part of your first post, you compared arcseconds to miles per hour (different physical quantities), so wtf? Also, you "converted" meters per second to degrees, which also doesn't make any physical sense.
2. Yeah, but if that wasn't a coincidence, Ancient Egyptians must have knows about speed of light.
3. Even if they knew about tangents, they propably didn't give a fuck about arcseconds, because they were too small, thus useless.
Also known as the invisible man.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#15 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Redman wrote:You know, latitude 29.979 goes all the way around Earth, so it propably intersects thousands of other interesting buildings.
Here's the list

1. Not really. In the first part of your first post, you compared arcseconds to miles per hour (different physical quantities), so wtf? Also, you "converted" meters per second to degrees, which also doesn't make any physical sense.
I compared the actual NUMBER not the specific units of measurement.

2. Yeah, but if that wasn't a coincidence, Ancient Egyptians must have knows about speed of light.
LOL?

3. Even if they knew about tangents, they propably didn't give a fuck about arcseconds, because they were too small, thus useless.
I both agree:

- "51 degrees divided by 60 divided by 60" is impossible to even see on the pyramid example

and disagree (wikipedia):

"Minutes of angle (and its subunit, seconds of angle or SOA—equal to a sixtieth of a MOA) are also used in cartography and navigation. At sea level, one minute of angle (around the equator or a meridian) equals about 1.86 kilometres / 1.16 miles), approximately one nautical mile (approximately, because the Earth is slightly oblate); a second of angle is one sixtieth of this amount: about 30 meters or 100 feet."