Abusing "sudden death"?

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Do people call SD to gain an advantage for their team?

Yes, SD is called mostly to gain an advantage against the opposing team.
25%
No, SD is called mostly when a game is getting too long or too much buildings make the server lag.
75%

Total votes: 4

nalf
Granger
Granger

Abusing "sudden death"?

#1 Post by nalf » Thu May 17, 2012 4:53 pm

It seems to me that most of the votes for SD is called not because the game is too long / stalled but because one team tries to gain an advantage against the other. Usually, it's called when one team is satisfied with its building and assumes the other is not. Do you find it fair?

I'd say that this is an element that affect the game too much to be voted for like that. What about setting a higher limit for passing the vote, like 2/3 or 3/4?

(And personally, I miss voting for "admit defeat" on R-CZ. Sometimes 20 people wait minutes until some hiding dretch is found - just waste of time. It's better to admit defeat when a game is lost and move on to a new, more interesting match.)

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#2 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sat May 19, 2012 5:32 am

In theory, it's your own noob-teams fault if the other team uses SD against you; everyone on your team can vote F2, if they don't, then it's their fault—meaning the teams fault, and a team that doesn't work together loses.

So, if your team can't even vote, then you would have probably lost anyway.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

nalf
Granger
Granger

#3 Post by nalf » Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 am

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:In theory, it's your own noob-teams fault if the other team uses SD against you; everyone on your team can vote F2, if they don't, then it's their fault—meaning the teams fault, and a team that doesn't work together loses.

So, if your team can't even vote, then you would have probably lost anyway.
I agree, so some extent. But still, the objective of the game is to win by playing, not by voting.