Map voting disable command

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Nomad
Server supporter
Server supporter

Map voting disable command

#1 Post by Nomad » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi everyone, it would be good if players would be able to vote to disable map voting, because it gets really annoying when the map changes 20 times in 5 minutes.
Member of "Blacklisted by Soulless" club... :(

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#2 Post by Rotacak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Yes I agree, it would be good.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

Re: Map voting disable command

#3 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Nomad wrote:Hi everyone, it would be good if players would be able to vote to disable map voting, because it gets really annoying when the map changes 20 times in 5 minutes.
And this is why there is the built-in setting to stop changing maps after 5 minutes.
Eventually, they'll stop. Too many people will want to play instead of keep reloading maps again and again.

Perhaps a "counter" that will count up how many times the map has been changed in the 5 minute deadline; when the counter reaches...3 let's say, then map voting is disabled and you'll have to play that map.

A "deny vote-map" command might be easier in a way, but what if the vote fails? Then it's back to map-changing all over again.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

nalf
Granger
Granger

#4 Post by nalf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:19 am

I made a configurable limit until when a map can be changed or restarted (diff). But I guess R-CZ already has something like that.
(The patch also adds poll votes, but only for those who have the corresponding privilege, to prevent spamming, and also adds a variable for the threshold for draw votes votes.)

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#5 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:35 pm

But then who would have that privilege?

I like polls actually. A bit stupid sometimes but a nice addition. And, it keeps other vote spam down...-hint hint-...by increasing the vote-count.

I look at a vote, and if it's going to pass by a few votes, sometimes I just let it pass. So having votes that are 6-5 because of last minute votes and still failing makes for a lot more chat spam. >.<
tremulous |&#712;tremy&#601;l&#601;s|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly