Granger
Granger

#2 Post by MegaMedic » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Hei Korova

Korova
Spectacor
Spectacor

#3 Post by Korova » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Mega! And Rota, Merry, Rudy, etc..(i don't know all of your names)

Sorry guys if i'm a bit antisocial on the trem server, took me a bit of time to feel comfortable with trem and it's community

i'm not a programmer but i do have good knowledge of audio composing, sound design and mixing. If i can contribute, feel free to contact me :)

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#4 Post by Redman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Korova wrote:i'm not a programmer but i do have good knowledge of audio composing, sound design and mixing. If i can contribute, feel free to contact me :)
Unvanquished might need someone like you.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#5 Post by Rotacak » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Korova: hi, can you recreate granger taunt? :)

Korova
Spectacor
Spectacor

#6 Post by Korova » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Rotacak wrote:Korova: hi, can you recreate granger taunt? :)
Hi Rotacak,

if you can provide me a .wav or aiff i can make some quick mockups in metasynth. if i have more spare time i can analyse it properly and try to recreate it from scratch :)

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#7 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Korova wrote:
Rotacak wrote:Korova: hi, can you recreate granger taunt? :)
Hi Rotacak,

if you can provide me a .wav or aiff i can make some quick mockups in metasynth. if i have more spare time i can analyse it properly and try to recreate it from scratch :)
*le dig through source code*

...Oh were you expecting a direct file upload? I don't store it on my phone of course, so it'll have to be uploaded later unless someone beats me to it. (A race?)
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#8 Post by Redman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 pm

/tremulous/base/data-1.1.0.pk3 is a ZIP archive and contains all the sound and stuff.
Also known as the invisible man.

Korova
Spectacor
Spectacor

#9 Post by Korova » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 am

here's a quick edit:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?
f=979761ec78720d26c07b215596f18831

i'm not really happy about it, it sounds smudged and robotic because of spectral analysis limits. while analysing i found out that it seems like someone saying 'plus vite' en francais pitched down by roughly an octave modulated by a zipper effect or rapid modulating vowel filter.

with more time and experimenting it would be doable. but i'd rather make my own sounds :)

here's a quick unmixed demo of some sfx/backgrounds/scapes i made:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qh0xj1

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#10 Post by Rotacak » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Korova: that granger sound looks like original with some filter, not created from scratch. If so, then it is good.

And that background sound is amazing.

Korova
Spectacor
Spectacor

#11 Post by Korova » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Rotacak wrote:Korova: that granger sound looks like original with some filter, not created from scratch. If so, then it is good.

thanks!

i sampled the harmonic spectrum in metasynth from the granger taunt, so it's not really a completely new sample. but its not just the basic sample with a filter on top! actually i resynthesized the original, so it's semi-original :D

as i said above, with a bit more time and effort i could recreate it completely from scratch without spectrum sampling tricks (i'm still pretty shure it's someone saying 'plus vite' with filtering. pitch it up 1,5 octaves and check the breath at the end of the sound. But i could be very wrong ofcourse :) )

btw the filter you hear in my version is the result of imperfections in the spectrum sampling. technically i sampled the original at -24 semitones for more resolution, rendered a transient version and a vowel version (for tone of the sample) , pitched both up again and layered them.

oh and those soundscapes are all made in renoise with free vst's about a year ago. no metasynth/reaktor/special trickery :)

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#12 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Korova wrote:
Rotacak wrote:Korova: that granger sound looks like original with some filter, not created from scratch. If so, then it is good.

thanks!

i sampled the harmonic spectrum in metasynth from the granger taunt, so it's not really a completely new sample. but its not just the basic sample with a filter on top! actually i resynthesized the
original, so it's semi-original :D

as i said above, with a bit more time and effort i could recreate it completely from scratch without spectrum sampling tricks (i'm still pretty shure it's someone saying 'plus vite' with filtering. pitch it up 1,5 octaves and check the breath at the end of the sound. But i could be very wrong ofcourse :) )

btw the filter you hear in my version is the result of imperfections in the spectrum sampling. technically i sampled the original at -24 semitones for more resolution, rendered a transient version and a vowel version (for tone of the sample) , pitched both up again and layered them.

oh and those soundscapes are all made in renoise with free vst's about a year ago. no metasynth/reaktor/special trickery :)
Here's what most people will hear/have heard: "Bla Bla unknown-music-mixing terminology....Original. And isn't original better. We must hire you."
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly