Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#46 Post by Lanac » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:49 pm

Quarko, why i have a feeling you are not human? xD
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#47 Post by Quarko » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

I have no idea. I was programmed to give a feeling of being a regular human being.

Nomad
Server supporter
Server supporter

#48 Post by Nomad » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Quarko wrote:I have no idea. I was programmed to give a feeling of being a regular human being.

Who the hell did programme you? Loki? :?
Member of "Blacklisted by Soulless" club... :(

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#49 Post by Quarko » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

I have no access to that information, sorry.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#50 Post by Lanac » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 am

Omg Quarko...
-.-
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)

Wavesynck
Basilisk
Basilisk

#51 Post by Wavesynck » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Nomad wrote:
Quarko wrote:I have no idea. I was programmed to give a feeling of being a regular human being.

No. That guy.
Expect the Unexpected!
Rotacak wrote:go buy brain, then post something

pmd
Server supporter
Server supporter

#52 Post by pmd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Wavesynck wrote:
Nomad wrote:

No. That guy.
No That guy.
Quarko wrote: If you have time to think about crap - you are not working hard enough.

MiMi
Dretch
Dretch

#53 Post by MiMi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 pm

pmd wrote:
Wavesynck wrote:
Nomad wrote:

No. That guy.
No That guy.
And I am MiMi and I love grangers!

PPNL
Server supporter
Server supporter

#54 Post by PPNL » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Wavesynck wrote:
Nomad wrote:

No. That guy.
Who is That guy???
I Maul Ya
McDretch
McRauder
*PPNL MAULED **
*PPNL ZaPP ZaPP
Sky Mauler
O_o

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#55 Post by Quarko » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:29 pm

PPNL wrote:
Wavesynck wrote:
Nomad wrote:

No. That guy.
Who is That guy???
Here you can read more about him.

pmd
Server supporter
Server supporter

#56 Post by pmd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

He, Chuck Norris,Leonid (from 300, ye ye this is spartaaaa),and popcorn cat
is fight against bad mood in soviet russia
Quarko wrote: If you have time to think about crap - you are not working hard enough.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#57 Post by Lanac » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 pm

The answer is still not found. Who programmed Quarko?
My Youtube Channel:

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#58 Post by Quarko » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Well, I guess I am just an essence of a cognitive particle that earth's noosphere consists of. Given the amount of intellectual capabilities stored in the noosphere neural network - it is highly possible of detached particles appearing somewhere. That could be the reason I exist.

If you did not understand what I wrote, it is briefly explained in "Serial Experiments Lain" anime series. However in the series, the noosphere was artifical, created by humans, however a detached particle still appeared as Lain.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#59 Post by Lanac » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:09 pm

I understand. Im science freak xD
My Youtube Channel:

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#60 Post by Quarko » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:19 am

I'm not sure you understood it - that is more of a philosophical matter, not a science one. Being a part of a noosphere we can never prove it's conscious nor even existent.

"Serial Experiments Lain" are one of my favorite philosophical anime series as it explained to me the theory of "idealism" (you can find it in wiki).

In escence, idealism theory states that mind was first and given the mind - matter appears. It's opposite to "materialism" theory which states that matter creates mind (which is a common thought of most humans nowadays). Neither theory can be proven but materialism seems more logical.

It's very hard to explain how idealism works, especially when I'm not a philosopher myself, however that anime explains it pretty well. What happens there is that a global network (their version of internet) becomes a conscious noosphere. Being conscious, it starts affecting the minds of it's 'neurons' - humans. And that 'creates' a new human - Lain.

That idea can also be explained like this:
Imagine me stealing you from the earth and making you an sex slave for aliens for an year. Then I revert your mind to the state you had before I stole you from the earth, and put you back in time to where I stole you. Will you notice any change? Can you be sure that didn't happen to you already? Are you sure it didn't happen just a moment ago? ;)
Same thing goes works opposite too. If I put into someone else all of your memories of being a sex slave, and add some memories of me stealing him and bringing back in time to the same moment, will it become true to him? By the idea of 'idealism' - that all memories will be true for him, as he can not prove they were not. So what he remembers can be considered an ultimate truth because memories is what makes us, not the opposite. We all live by the current moment of time. We can not know FOR SURE what was 1 second before it - it is all ONLY in our thoughts. So we all together could be just a memory of our existence.

Another example:
Take a pencil from the desk. Now put it back. Now, can you answer the question: did you actually take the pencil and put it back? Or is it *your memories* of you taking the pencil and putting it back? Maybe it was in that position from the start, and you just imagined stuff?
So whatever happens, even if it happened a nanosecond ago, is only a memory of it happening. That's what is idealism theory.

So, talking back about noospheres. If a noosphere is non-conscious - it is merely existing on top of human social network. However, becoming conscious means it can alter the state of it's 'neurons' (read: humans) by itself, producing "the thoughts" of the noosphere. So, if the noosphere constantly thinks that it itself is a human walking somewhere, doing some stuff, playing tremulous, posting on forums - every human on earth will remember that happening.
Currently you think you are reading this post, while in essence you could be "remembering" reading the post a nano-second ago. That's how idealism and a noosphere works. And that's why humans would never be able to say if it exists or if it is conscious.

But if it's still hard to understand I advice you to see the anime xD