Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

a real darling
Spectacor
Spectacor

How about "Enforced Sudden Death" where structs do

#1 Post by a real darling » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:53 am

I think we all know the problem:

Both teams build as hell and spam the map with structures, the server crashes, people congratulate each other that they did it – again…

Oh, not, wait, I mean, both teams build as hell and spam the map with structures, the server lags like hell, and then, at Sudden Death, the teams start to grind away the respective enemy's base.

That takes a long long time.

At about an hour or so, the first draw-votes appear, people get bored, you have the first disconnects, teams get imbalanced, teams get balanced again, the match goes into its second hour, more and more people quit, et cetera.

My proposal to counter this:

Enforced Sudden Death

Enforced Sudden Death would mean that buildings do no longer regenerate, humans cannot repair their buildings any longer, DCs become useless, and alien buildings' health does not grow back. This should cut the match down to a more reasonable time and guarantee mutual attacks, because even weaker players can do noticeable damage to the enemy base, and it will go down faster.

What do you think?
I have retired from the game. Definetely. Maybe I am just getting too old. Have fun guys. (Account scrambled and abandoned.)

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#2 Post by Iltavuo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:04 pm

The server hasn't crashed in ages while I've been playing, and lagging has been very minor, if not nonexistent. I find taking the enemy base down very enjoyable, even if it takes a long. Actually short games aren't usually nearly as fun as long games. Games that last over one hour aren't that common, and games lasting over two hours are quite rare. Even then, the long game is usually caused by neither team actually attacking the other. I don't really see the problem.

I think this enforced sudden death would either make bases fall too fast, or it might even cause even more camping and longer games that way. It might also tip the balance quite heavily on another team's favor. I didn't warm up for this idea.

a real darling
Spectacor
Spectacor

#3 Post by a real darling » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Of course you are only speaking for yourself.

• Last server crash I experienced: A few days ago
• Lag is terrible, especially near main bases
• If longer games are so enjoyable, why do people call draw-votes and/or leave? It may be that you enjoy those longies, but the majority – including myself – don't.

And why in all world should an Enforced Sudden Death cause more camping??? If I can do damage with a rifle or a basi, damage that lasts that is, I will go out with a rifle or a basi, and not camp until I can afford something that does more damage.

Well, let's wait what other people have to say about all this.
I have retired from the game. Definetely. Maybe I am just getting too old. Have fun guys. (Account scrambled and abandoned.)

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#4 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Darling, try FASTEST graphic settings... What you are talking about isnt LAG, it is LOADING structures... Which on lowest graphic isnt problem at all.
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#5 Post by Quarko » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Like it.

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#6 Post by Lanac » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I always lag. If i have the best graphic and fastest one, i lagg both( only when alot of buildings in some place.
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#7 Post by Iltavuo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Of course I can only speak for myself, that's why I used phrases "I think...", "I like..." and "I find...". With that modification you suggested bases would be more vulnerable to attacks, so in a sense they require more protecting. And like Nod said, you are most likely talking about the fps drops when the game loads an area with a lot of buildings.
If I can do damage with a rifle or a basi, damage that lasts that is, I will go out with a rifle or a basi, and not camp until I can afford something that does more damage.
While I agree with that in some cases, I'd say most players wouldn't act that way.

If you want short games, I don't think playing on an unlimited build point server is the best choice. There is always someone who doesn't like long games, but there are also a lot of people who do like them

lucyrant
Basilisk
Basilisk

#8 Post by lucyrant » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:47 am

I like the long games too. But on a different server i used to play on they had extreme sudden death. Its sudden death but all spawns go down and reactor/overmind.
Who will win: Lucifer Cannon or Tyrant well, I'm both.

GLaDOS
Granger
Granger

#9 Post by GLaDOS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:02 am

lucyrant wrote:I like the long games too. But on a different server i used to play on they had extreme sudden death. Its sudden death but all spawns go down and reactor/overmind.
:o

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#10 Post by Quarko » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 am

I like the long games too. But on a different server i used to play on they had extreme sudden death. Its sudden death but all spawns go down and reactor/overmind.
Yay, lets reinvent Armageddon vote!

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#11 Post by Rotacak » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 am

LAG = ping issues.

LOW FPS = shitty cpu due to shitty game engine.

Anyway I like that function. Like second SD it is interesing idea.

PPNL
Server supporter
Server supporter

#12 Post by PPNL » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh noes
I Maul Ya
McDretch
McRauder
*PPNL MAULED **
*PPNL ZaPP ZaPP
Sky Mauler
O_o

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#13 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:45 am

Stop spamming dude!

Its great idea, but normally aliens are winning this part...

Its for simple - 4 bsuits vs 4 rants... One rant can handle 2 at once...

So Its like show for 2 tyrants...
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#14 Post by Redemption » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Iltavuo wrote:The server hasn't crashed in ages while I've been playing, and lagging has been very minor, if not nonexistent. I find taking the enemy base down very enjoyable, even if it takes a long. Actually short games aren't usually nearly as fun as long games. Games that last over one hour aren't that common, and games lasting over two hours are quite rare. Even then, the long game is usually caused by neither team actually attacking the other. I don't really see the problem.

I think this enforced sudden death would either make bases fall too fast, or it might even cause even more camping and longer games that way. It might also tip the balance quite heavily on another team's favor. I didn't warm up for this idea.

true i like long games but too long are boring :)
take this fear from me...
before it consumes me whole...
take this fear from me..
before it consumes my soul...

i am dyslexic so plz have sympothy for me plz