R Funserver CZ balance!

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#16 Post by CrackD0wn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm

camping humans < corner whoring aliens < Jetcamp < admin (that will ban 99 days all campers end nabs) < only admins left playing on the server < admins camping and jetcamping ^^

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#17 Post by Quarko » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Ha ha, yeah, forgot about that :P

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#18 Post by Quarko » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:44 pm

By the way, it is a real mystery for me why are people playing all kinds of weird (read 'stupid') maps recently?
Every time I want to join the game I see some other "*cannon*" variation. I can't recall so many weird-maps games 1-2 month's ago. People usually played nice balanced maps like atcs, niveus, tremor... Yes they are old, but they are normal classic maps...

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#19 Post by CrackD0wn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Quarko wrote:By the way, it is a real mystery for me why are people playing all kinds of weird (read 'stupid') maps recently?
Every time I want to join the game I see some other "*cannon*" variation. I can't recall so many weird-maps games 1-2 month's ago. People usually played nice balanced maps like atcs, niveus, tremor... Yes they are old, but they are normal classic maps...
true but funserver is a server that allures the masses which means 90% noobs

mostly gow noobs like playin cannon maps where they can show they're 'skillz' :wink:

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#20 Post by Quarko » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:41 am

Ok, then the question sounds this way:
Why did R Unlimited CZ die?

kaotaja
Dretch
Dretch

#21 Post by kaotaja » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:20 am

Because no-one cares about normal play with 999 bp anymore. At least, I don't... thats why I play in funserver.
Gynter

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#22 Post by CrackD0wn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:54 am

in unlimited you cant stack rets like in funserver

also i always find unlimited empty or with 3 noobs in it

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#23 Post by Quarko » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 am

I would rather play in Unlimited than in Funserver, but everyone abandoned it.

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#24 Post by CrackD0wn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Quarko wrote:I would rather play in Unlimited than in Funserver, but everyone abandoned it.
QFT

but no use playing with urself

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#25 Post by Rotacak » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:44 pm

You forgot one thing. Nobody there (no admin) will annoy/kick you with reason "stop camp or kick" if you using jetpack 1 minute etc.

If jetcamp is around, then jettards missing in base for defending.

Problem is somewhere else - aliens can't win because they don't know how to attack together. If someone attacking, then he is almost always alone and even in SD he still killing humans instead of human base. Nobody will make suicide rush against turret wall. I saw it manytimes before.

Why they din't attack base? They want high score. Or they are noobs.

Why we not balancing teams? It is not rule for admin (its only nice behavior from admin when he balance teams by himself), because admins want to play regular game too. And when theres noobs, then admin must every 5 minutes change teams. No.

Why admins not using putteam for other players for balacing teams? Because other players wants be there where they are. They dont want be alien. They want be jettards. If you will use putteam on jettard, what do you think he will do like alien? 1) he will decon base 2) he will disconnect

Yes, jettards and cornercampers are bad thing. But its not for kick or putteam. Remember behavior from other servers. You are tyrant and waiting for full HP in corner. But every while you are attacked by naked human. So you cannot reach full hp and suddently you are warned, you are camper. Attack or kick! Ok, you returning to base, and waiting there for full hp and again! You are camper in base! Attack or kick! What the fuck you should do? Run into human base and suicide? Or kick?
This never happen on R servers.

Seek for better teammates for attacking instead of blaming jettards etc.

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#26 Post by Quarko » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm

I can see no problems with player behavior, only with maps (especially *cannon* ones) being totally unbalanced.
Problem is somewhere else - aliens can't win because they don't know how to attack together.
I left the game lot of times on treecannon for 1 simple reason. It got impossible for aliens to win:
1) Human base is fully spammed with teslas/rets. This is no big deal, few professional goons and rant could handle this problem.
2) In addition to (1) 3-4 chainsuits are constantly camping in the passage to human base. I mean 'openly' camping. They dont move (only strafe), dont run after aliens, they just make the job of autohealing chainsuit turrets. And that makes them absolutely impossible to win (or I am too stupid to come up with idea of defeating them even with 8 pro aliens).
Turrets behind corner kill dretches/maras/basiliscs in 0.5-1 seconds, so they make no use there. Rants are only able to wound 1-2 of them, after which they heal fast behind the corner. The delay of healing is too small (probably few medis stacked) to attack in that moment.

This is why I nauseate when I see 20+ people playing on *cannon* maps

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#27 Post by CrackD0wn » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 am

unless quarko u join humans ^^

then u got no worries :)