Why the f?

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Lanac
Tyrant
Tyrant

#16 Post by Lanac » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:03 pm

Ok. This is my last post here. I made admit defeat vote when we(aliens) had no eggs/om and only 1 dretch was alive. Would you make that vote?
My Youtube Channel:
Please help my ass and click on link, im a poor bitch...(+ ill make some trem videos too :D)
http://adf.ly/2qaKp

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#17 Post by Quarko » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

One way or another.
1. What can be done about camp? Resonably, without scaring away "imgonnadie noobs" from Rotagames? Uniq said sth bout domination server. Any info on that?
2. How can revert be implemented? Nod said sth about qvm. Some coding prolly. Is copy/paste from 1.1 possible?
3. Jet can be limited. 1.1 had it on some servers. It CAN be done. Just have to find someone who knows how. Copy/paste.
4. Can at least maprotation promote more normal maps, classic ones or new ones - like recently released by F1rst? Future of trem is in them. Not in grayroom.
5. @Rota. Is there a way to find statistical data on maps played, mapvotes etc? Would it be helpfull at all to Rotagames to know which maps are most played, most voted etc?
1. Personally I think that camping noobs are not a big deal. Best solution against them is to camp too. They get bored and start attacking at least a little. If not - they are so noobish that you should have already won the game.
2. Hardly. The whole buildlog and revert thing is very complex and wires deeply into tremulous server code. However, it is not that hard to code it yourself.
If Rotacak reads this, I'd even recommend him to make revert little bit different from how it is implemented in 1.1. Better way to revert is to save positions of ALL buildings each minute. Something like a 'backup' of all structures on map. If decon happens - you just revert 1 minute and play. There will be no problems with overlaping structures this way, and generally it will be much more stable.
3. I know. You found the one who knows how. Now find someone who will code it :D.
4. I agree. Maprotation should have ONLY balanced, tested, unbugged maps. If you want to play highrise or other crapmap, you can vote it. But server should not promote that kind of maps.
5. Rota was trying to add such system but it failed for some reason. I personally do not know if he tried to fix it or not, but last time I checked that system it did not work properly :(