suggestion: fog mod (for example to hinder jetcampers)

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

God, maker of the world
Dretch
Dretch

suggestion: fog mod (for example to hinder jetcampers)

#1 Post by God, maker of the world » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Is it technically possible to create a trem mod with which fog can be added to a map on the fly?

Example: callvote map rotcannon - and when the map is on, make a vote for fog. Every area of the map should have the same fog strength.

This would prevent jetcampers from sitting in the air for half the game and lasgunning the aliens off of the server.

There should be different fog strengths, maybe three presets, maybe a number that can be freely set.

I fear that this can not be done with a mod. :( But if it can, it would sure add to the trem experience.

sindarus
Marauder
Marauder

#2 Post by sindarus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:05 am

good idea but have not priority... i mean

Nomad
Server supporter
Server supporter

#3 Post by Nomad » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 am

But noob humans are only jettarding and camping with MD in cannon maps.... if it will be possible to make a fog by vote, it will be great.. humans's jettarding will be useless :!: :wink:

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#4 Post by Quarko » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:55 pm

I think it is easier (will take about 1 hour for me to implement) to make a /callvote nojetpacks vote that forbids buying jetpacks. However I dont think that humans will vote for that...

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#5 Post by Rotacak » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:58 pm

I think that jettards arent that big evil. But idea is nice even without jettards.

And if its possible? Hmm, really dont know, I need to look into code, but I fear that this change is too hard for me.