[Feature Request] Free Evos For All

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

loldretch
Server supporter
Server supporter

[Feature Request] Free Evos For All

#1 Post by loldretch » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am

Humans and aliens earns some evos and creds after 2 minutes if not killed. Sometimes (after sd) sitting at base (for humans) and camping at corners (for aliens) is best strategy for both teams. Humans waits creds for mines, aliens wont lose rants etc. And game becomes too long.

Feature request: add command "callvote cookies" (for example), and when it pass all players will earn some money and evos (for example 350 creds or 2 evos) without waiting and boring camping.
go buy brain, then go buy brain

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#2 Post by Quarko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 pm

I have better idea!

/callvote armageddon (can only be called after 30 minutes)
Vote Passed!

All humans receive 2000000 credits.
All aliens receive 9000 evos.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

Re: [Feature Request] Free Evos For All

#3 Post by grmg.pl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:32 pm

loldretch wrote:Feature request: add command "callvote cookies" (for example), and when it pass all players will earn some money and evos (for example 350 creds or 2 evos) without waiting and boring camping.

That leads to vote passing every time. Losers, noobs, cowards and campers evolve to better classes. This in turn gives the advantage to skilled players who consistently wipe the floor with noobs regardless of how much free money You throw at noobs.

It would not decrese the "boring camping". Think - a rifle_loser waits, lets say, 10 mins for 800 to get chainsuit. He dons it, goes out, where Nod or Iltavuo fuck the chain_loser for 800 creds. Thats around 4-5 evos. Now Thay have evos and the loser goes back to rifle. What does he do? He waits another 10 mins for another 800 creds.

If someone cant get credits consistently he's a poor player. A poor player will only waste the free credits.

It would accelerate the downfall of weaker team at SD. So it is an idea to consider nevertheless.

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#4 Post by Redemption » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:38 pm

*thinks SD shold be moved to 15 for a month for a test*

F1= yes F2= no

or just don't give em creds at all.
take this fear from me...
before it consumes me whole...
take this fear from me..
before it consumes my soul...

i am dyslexic so plz have sympothy for me plz

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#5 Post by Quarko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Exactly why my idea is better.

/callvote armageddon can only be called after 30 mins and after SD.
It gives everyone virtually unlimited credits leading to massive massacre of one of the teams. The game will end pretty fast this way, as both teams will start attacking. Still, if humans are morons (and human team usually has 90% of morons) they will start camp and loose against a horde of aliens.

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#6 Post by Redemption » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Quarko wrote:Exactly why my idea is better.

/callvote armageddon can only be called after 30 mins and after SD.
It gives everyone virtually unlimited credits leading to massive massacre of one of the teams. The game will end pretty fast this way, as both teams will start attacking. Still, if humans are morons (and human team usually has 90% of morons) they will start camp and loose against a horde of aliens.
or the other way around if amsy is in one of the teams.

amsy = noob attractor.
take this fear from me...
before it consumes me whole...
take this fear from me..
before it consumes my soul...

i am dyslexic so plz have sympothy for me plz

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#7 Post by Rotacak » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 am

loldretch: on funserver we have already modded this thing. You will earn bonus every 2 minutes even when you die. So you not need to camp alive.

If we make this vote, then everyone will votespam it and campers will be still campers. I mean really campers - tyrant with 9 evo in A base or around corner.

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#8 Post by Quarko » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Rotacak wrote:loldretch: on funserver we have already modded this thing. You will earn bonus every 2 minutes even when you die. So you not need to camp alive.

If we make this vote, then everyone will votespam it and campers will be still campers. I mean really campers - tyrant with 9 evo in A base or around corner.
Well, I didnt mention that the vote is only possible after SD.
Also, I cant imagine a noob that camps at base while knowing that his death wont count (not for humans nor aliens).

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#9 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Quarko wrote:Also, I cant imagine a noob that camps at base while knowing that his death wont count (not for humans nor aliens).

Camping is not caused by "choice" (if that would be the case - ppl would fight for map_control). Its caused by fear.

The ideas ("evos for time" and armageddon) will ofc decrease gametime, but unfortunatelly none of them is fair (rewards being bad while not promoting being good).