77%
n
23%

Total votes: 13

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#16 Post by Quarko » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 pm

It seems you do not understand my example with granny and the apples. Let me explain:

1) Apples are not secured and can be taken by any human.
2) Grannies were avialable in that marketplace for a long time (they are important part of market-driven economy), even before I knew how to steal from them.
3) The only thing my book does - is explains to noobs how and where it is the best to steal apples from grannies.

Stealing apples is simple even for uber-noobs. It can be done in two ways (avialable at any marketplace):

1) Asking someone "where is that granny with tasty apples", then stealing them.
2) Staying and inspecting all new grannies for apples.

If you hate the ability to steal apples so much, why won't you just train grannies to run fast and catch the robbers?

Here are fragments of my grannie-apple-stealing manual:

I do not see any hacks here, do you?

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#17 Post by Quarko » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Also, using your own flawed logic I can prove to you that wallhack is not a hack. Here we go:
It seems that you don't understand what player coordinates and what Redfusion does. Let me explain:

1) Player coordinates is public data that can be accessed by every connected player.
2) Player coordinates have been available all the time (they're important part of Quake 3 engine), even before Redfusion was written.
3) The only thing Redfusion does with Player coordinates is rendering them on the screen.

Accessing Player coordinates is simple even for uber-noobs. It can be done in two ways (available in every quake3 engine based game):

1) Walk around corner and move your mouse - shows all players behind the corner.
2) Stand still and listen for sounds of approaching players.

If you hate ability to read player coordinates so much why won't you just block it?
Can you tell me what is the difference of abusing player coordinates in wallhack and abusing configstring in Redfusion?

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#18 Post by Redman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Can you tell me what is the difference of abusing player coordinates in wallhack and abusing configstring in Redfusion?
Default /configstrings commands and wallhacks in different Quake 3 based games. No cheats or external programs used.

/configstrings in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:
/configstrings in Quake 3 Arena (OpenArena client):
/configstrings in standard Tremulous 1.1.0 client (the one that comes with installer or zip):
/configstrings in Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Wallhack in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:
(none)
Wallhack in Quake 3 Arena (OpenArena client):
(none)
Wallhack in standard Tremulous 1.1.0 (the one that comes with installer or zip):
(none)
Wallhack in Return to Castle Wolfenstein
(none)

As you can see, the difference between /configstrings available without cheats and external programs and wallhack available without cheats and external programs is that wallhack does not exist.

To avoid further spam on this forum I'll explain in even simpler way:
/configstrings is default feature in every Tremulous client so reading configstrings and pasting them to cvars make no difference in gameplay.

Edit: If you are so afraid of people using configstrings on the server why won't you just stop posting bullshit on this forum and do something useful like writing anti-configstrings patches?

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#19 Post by Quarko » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:33 pm

For fucks sake Redman, IF there was a console command showing precise coordinates of all players (like [11.22233,112.849291,67.221001]) would it be ok to change the client code to render that coordinates on screen?
I would also be able to say "/playercoords is default feature in every Tremulous client so reading playercoords and pasting them on screen make no difference in gameplay!!!111eleven"

Damn it, I feel like explaining 2+2=4 to 1y.o child.
If you are so afraid of people using configstrings on the server why won't you just stop posting bullshit on this forum and do something useful like writing anti-configstrings patches?
I do not care. It's just that people like you are making me sick.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#20 Post by grmg.pl » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 pm

player coordinates

Why on earth would you want to have player coordinates displayed ingame?
What is the PURPOSE of knowing player coordinates for an average, random player?

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#21 Post by Quarko » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:47 pm

I said 'render' not 'display'. Render means converting some information into an image. In my case the meaning of 'render' is "to display something at the spot where that coordinates point".

2 Redman: By the way, the reason I'm so damn angry at you today is because of a dialog I had yesterday with one of the players. I do not have a condump but it was something like this:

Me: I think HS3 already.
Him: Nope, still HS2.
Me: How do you know?
Him: I have Redfusion client.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#22 Post by Rotacak » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Redman wrote:It can be done in two ways (available in every quake3 engine based game)
What about Tremulous 1.2? They removed it because it is "not cheat" probably.

Why dont you make aimbots or other shit? You just working with client data what everyone already have, right?

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#23 Post by Quarko » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Rotacak wrote:
Redman wrote:It can be done in two ways (available in every quake3 engine based game)
What about Tremulous 1.2? They removed it because it is "not cheat" probably.

Why dont you make aimbots or other shit? You just working with client data what everyone already have, right?
Precisely my point. The shit you are doing is giving players benefits that are affecting the gameplay. And that is called "hack" my dear.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#24 Post by Redman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:18 pm

The shit you are doing is giving players benefits that are affecting the gameplay.
What difference would it make if I removed those cvars from Redfusion?
Also known as the invisible man.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#25 Post by Rotacak » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Redman wrote:What difference would it make if I removed those cvars from Redfusion?
Nobody will use that information and nobody will cheat in this thing?

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#26 Post by Redman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Rotacak wrote:
Redman wrote:What difference would it make if I removed those cvars from Redfusion?
Nobody will use that information and nobody will cheat in this thing?
Didn't I write in one of my posts that all that information can be accessed using /configstrings command?

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#27 Post by Rotacak » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:34 pm

You did. And how many players will do that? Do you know atleast one? (count yourself too :) )

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#28 Post by Redman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Currently only me, but if I remove these cvars people will start asking me how to access this information in another way and I'll tell them. I don't really care if someone knows what stage am I because it doesn't change gameplay. If you think it does, why won't you just write anti-configstrings patch?
Also known as the invisible man.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#29 Post by Rotacak » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:09 pm

You really using configstring in console by hand (or did that before) because of information about stage and spawns?

loldretch
Server supporter
Server supporter

#30 Post by loldretch » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Redman wrote: someone knows what stage am I because it doesn't change gameplay.
i think it is kinda ghosting, sometimes it can change gameplay
go buy brain, then go buy brain