Rotcannon

#1 Post by Rotacak » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:04 pm

Size: 1 MB
Vote: /callvote map rotcannon_b10

Leinard
Spectacor
Spectacor

#2 Post by Leinard » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:38 pm

This map, your map is very nice, one of my favorites :D .
I wanna learn how to make maps, can you say me what programm you have, and how you make it?

Leinard :D

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#3 Post by Rotacak » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:40 pm

Jalaco
Dretch
Dretch

#4 Post by Jalaco » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:06 am

very very very very very very very... [you get the point] good its amazing what will he [you] think of next?!? as you probably already know this is my absolute favorite map! :D

\\^// Jalaco \\^//

Union
Dretch
Dretch

#5 Post by Union » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:34 am

Great map, but in b9-10 there has been some major fps issues underground for me. I think also aliens win much easier now, as they have plenty of escape routes and aren't easy to hunt down with how fast they move vs a human.
Shut your mouth when you're talking to me! // I are my own camper // Co-Op Play

GLaDOS
Granger
Granger

#6 Post by GLaDOS » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:48 pm

One of the best things about this map is that it's generally not a campfest, nor is it biased to humans. It's fair for both teams.

Me_Again
Dretch
Dretch

#7 Post by Me_Again » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:55 am

Best map ever!!Hums need a few more base default defense in order to avoid spawn-kills, but I like to play with aliens so... :twisted:
People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows...

nalf
Granger
Granger

#8 Post by nalf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 pm

I have a feature request for rotcannon: Would it be possible to flag the cannon surfaces so that it's not possible to build on them? Almost every time someone builds a ret into a cannon, which makes continuous cannon shot noises.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#9 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm

nalf wrote:I have a feature request for rotcannon: Would it be possible to flag the cannon surfaces so that it's not possible to build on them? Almost every time someone builds a ret into a cannon, which makes continuous cannon shot noises.
That would help a lot, but someone could still drop a buildable on it.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

nalf
Granger
Granger

#10 Post by nalf » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:35 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote: That would help a lot, but someone could still drop a buildable on it.
Could it be marked as something that causes damage, like lava, but just slightly? This would barely damage anybody getting fired from the cannon, but it should kill any buildable dropped on it.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#11 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 pm

nalf wrote:
[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote: That would help a lot, but someone could still drop a buildable on it.
Could it be marked as something that causes damage, like lava, but just slightly? This would barely damage anybody getting fired from the cannon, but it should kill any buildable dropped on it.
I had thought about that also. No one would want to be damaged from using a cannon. If you want to kill a annoying ret within maybe ~5 seconds after a troll dropped it there, the damage to a human or a dretch would be even more annoying.
It's a tiny problem that arises. What's stupid is that people will say "get rid of spam newb!" while they sit and watch it go for 15 seconds with the other team spamming "kill it now!". Just grab a saw or whatever to kill it, and if done again, denybuild the builder.
There was talk a while ago about fixing Trem cannons, no idea where that went. Maybe Trem2 will fix it?
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly