[hax] XPK - possible wallhack

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

looks like wallhack to you? (just poll :)

Poll ended at Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:18 pm

sure yes
13%
probably yes
25%
dunno
No votes
probably no
13%
no way
50%

Total votes: 8

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#16 Post by epicaldude » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 am

I think many of us are from 1.1, e.g. myself;
(And all the geniuses that build 1.1 bases with turret walls heh)

Also the tunel ->must be in base thing is rather obvious.

But sometimes with radar the tyr should go to A base using "he must then go out of tunel right?"... but he did NOT go to A base but returned to H base, when gunther returned to it afair. Strange? And other times he seemed to knew gunther was actually going to A base.

Other time (end of my demo) tyr was not in H base tunel range (was he?) and yet he exactly knew when to break off patrolling H base - A base - H base - A base - H base - A base - H base - A base - ~5 times, the last time he looked at A base (from bunker), he saw the H and suddenly rushed there ideally to meet H just going exactly of A base...

the problem is that he "seen" him when H was in his view but behind a wall (the column of A base exit to central yard).

Was H visible at that point on wallhacking client? (show_normals)? Screenshot or YT or .avi video - can anyone post it (my client crashes on playback, strange)

Above is what me quite convinced because such "shouldnt happened, even considering sounds, radars, prediction" stuff was happening all the time in a row.
And on top on that Spl says about other games and the other vid (that I yet have to see).

Would anyone post jewtube or .mpeg of this demos from wallhacking client (or show_normals etc)?
Image Image

XPK
Dretch
Dretch

#17 Post by XPK » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:52 am

You wrote:
Other time (end of my demo) tyr was not in H base tunel range (was he?) and yet he exactly knew when to break off patrolling H base - A base - H base - A base - H base - A base - H base - A base - ~5 times, the last time he looked at A base (from bunker), he saw the H and suddenly rushed there ideally to meet H just going exactly of A base...
Its explained already:
59:20 - Few evos and want camper humans to come out. So can't count blue dots -> rant checking both side permanently for jets.
About 59:00 rant died by luci. 2 evos left. -> Camp mode. Humans have creds to attack. About 60:00 human shows up as expected. After missed hit rant let the coming basi to kill him and get evos. Log shows basi machinegunned. Rant go back to kill the human.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#18 Post by epicaldude » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 pm

XPK wrote:You wrote:

Its explained already:
59:20 - Few evos and want camper humans to come out. So can't count blue dots -> rant checking both side permanently for jets.
About 59:00 rant died by luci. 2 evos left. -> Camp mode. Humans have creds to attack. About 60:00 human shows up as expected. After missed hit rant let the coming basi to kill him and get evos. Log shows basi machinegunned. Rant go back to kill the human.
Just one problem.

You looked at the wall (A base exit), and went back
you looked at the wall (A base exit), and went back
You looked at the wall (A base exit), and suddenly attacked and exactly hit gunther that was just going out of his spot behind A base exit pilar.

But he was behind wall when you "seen" him, and at that exact second when he was visible to WH but not normally, you run and exactly hit him
Also out of radar range.
Also he was moving quietly (to attack om, and also entire game to test if you where cheating as we got started to suspect).

We should do a test (and someone post vids to YT) on visibility of H exiting A base lower exit from door-side of bunker on WH client to be sure.

Again my question:
is my demo playable fully to anyone? apparently it is to you XPK?
can someone please post a video of 50:00 to end with show_normals to youtube? Maybe you then, I would but my client stops playback with unknown event 74 (wtf).
Make sure to use high-quality record :)

To solve this one evidence. And similar luck before and after and entire game...

Was Basi machinegunned in this case? Is it on Gunther video? Gunther was the one attacking tunel -> A base -> center.
Image Image

XPK
Dretch
Dretch

#19 Post by XPK » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:51 pm

But he was behind wall when you "seen" him
In the demo about 60:00 human shows up on the radar first.
is my demo playable fully to anyone?
Yes. Until 63 mins.
Just one problem.
I think the problem is you trying to create your own explanation based on your memories instead of watching the demo.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#20 Post by epicaldude » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:11 pm

XPK wrote: I think the problem is you trying to create your own explanation based on your memories instead of watching the demo.
and Spl@ specing you.

so post the video to youtube (show_normals) and I would review it to support your possible unbanning if all there (and in other demos) is normal play.

What client are you using exactly?
Image Image

XPK
Dretch
Dretch

#21 Post by XPK » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

What client are you using exactly?
Default Windows installer exe from here: http://tremulous.net/files/

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#22 Post by Redman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Quick explanation of how Quake 3 determines whether two entities should know about each other or not:

Few examples of visibility on ATCS (approximate, black areas means 100% sure invisible):

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#23 Post by Rotacak » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:09 pm

epicaldude: I watchet your demo without errors. I used showtris and it looks ok, no WH.
So this whole was probably only mistake.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#24 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Unfortunately, pictures of the recreated incident are unavailable...mostly to the fact that my computer is being crappy and bots are being snappy.

While wallhack is all fine and good, most bots (THZ for one) has a thing in the top corner called a "radar", which is different from the "scanner".

This radar can also be adjusted however, the normal range is usually 2*** (I ain't telling), but that can be changed to something like (10***) with "thz_radaradj*** 10***"
At least it has for me, when I may or may not have ever messed around with it.

If subject is closed, so be it, but for the scientific sense...let's faintly consider all viable options.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#25 Post by Redman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:03 am

This radar can also be adjusted
Quake 3 restricts player's visibility to the closest rooms and halls only, increasing radar range will not let you see further than the server allows you. That's why using wallhack to tell whether a human is attacking or not is pointless.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#26 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd56wxrb ... ata_player

A demo, perhaps, but a very effective demo, showing a different kind of wire-frame view. Also notice the distance the hacker can see.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#27 Post by Redman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:58 am

Nano is different. See my screenshots above for ATCS view distance.
Also known as the invisible man.

valentin54
Server supporter
Server supporter

#28 Post by valentin54 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Hello hello !

I just watched and re-watched both videos and the ONLY weird thing I have noticed is when XPK is waiting close to the alien entrance (Spl@'s video) and runs away before seeing the incoming marauder.

Gunther : You say 'as if he had seen the marauder through the barricade' well.. the first time I watched it I saw it too...

Epical's demo really show NOTHING unless at the end, when he kills yeah at default alien base, that's the only weird thing I have noticed (seems like he had seen the human running to the default alien base using the tunnel).

I have been playing many rounds with XPK, and I want to say, he is quite skilled to me.

To conclude, after spending hours playing with XPK and seeing those demos, I think that Gunther, epicalduuuuuude and Spl@ are wrong...Noonetheless, sometimes in the demos, XPK adopts an odd behavior, appearing to be a wallhack user, in some cases only.