Iain mutes

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

How this should be handled

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Spank Iain with a 2-by-4
No votes
Lock Iain with a horny Tyrant in small closet
67%
With love and heart take Iain to how to be better admin online classes
33%
Demote Iain level
No votes

Total votes: 3

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

Iain mutes

#1 Post by epicaldude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:30 pm

On game-end screen we argued with other guy why we lost the game.

Iain !warned me to stop.
So I !warned him to stop being noob admin
He !warned me to stop insult
So I !warned him to stop warning for no good reason
He ordered me to move on and not make a big thing out of it

Im not to order around when Im playing correctly with game rules :>
So of course I called a vote Should we make a big thing out of it and neeeeveeer move on.

Then he canceled this vote. Canceling votes is usually lame (unless cancel unfair kick etc), and canceling poll double so.

Then he just !mute me.

Didn't someone said no one will have problems for anything they just say on server or something? Sounded like a good plan.

Mute is stupid and is destroys chance for teamplay of muted player (again, I say mute should be totally disabled, as long as /ignore works, unless someone reconnecting all the time with other nick to avoid chance to ignore him and spamming /m).
Image Image

Lancer
Tyrant
Tyrant

#2 Post by Lancer » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Really, if you didn't use that poll, i would almost think this wasn't a troll.
Care to check out Jucaspel?

http://on.fb.me/16BFTKE

iain
Granger
Granger

#3 Post by iain » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Yay, being held accountable for my actions -_-
I kinda lost the condump somehow so I'll have to do this from memory.

It started off before the end of the game. Epic and Mister Mister got into a pathetic little argument. It went along the lines of:

Epic dude: My team is crap
Mister Mister: Something along the lines of "No im not"
Epicdude: Suck my massive dick
Mister Mister: No thanks Im not gay
Epicdude: Really? Your dad said that you were

etc etc

I let all this ride. It started to die down again, then the game finished and it started up again. Slightly less vulgar this time but still a bit pathetic. It wasnt in anyway constructive criticism on the game. Epic duude was just generally insulting mister/alienteam and mister mister was responding.

Easy Peasy, I gave them both a warning in the last seconds after the game had finished telling them to stop the argument and move on. [Warning number 1]

New game begins.

Epic dude still annoyed turns to me and starts having a go at me and calling me a noob admin. Now I clearly am a new admin but I just took this as him insulting me for warning him before.
[Warning number 2]

He kept this up ~ at some point I warned him again here, telling him that if he kept it up I would eventually warn him.
[Warning number 3]

Blah blah blah, So I told him not to make a big thing out of it and just move on. [Warning number 4]
Im not to order around when Im playing correctly with game rules :>
Its simple keep the server clean. I would shove it in under this rule:
You can't repeatedly abuse on purpose (swearing, vote or bind spam, blocking, teambleeding…) – ban.
Mind you, you would think that after 4 warnings you would have kinda got the hint.

So then after telling him to move on and not make a big thing out of it, he starts his little vote. At this point for warnings in I was fed up of dealing with him and just muted him. I was planning on unmuting him halfway through the game after he had a cool-down period but he disconnected straight away.

End-of-story

Either way, I've been warned before for petty arguments on the server. If another snr admin wants to clarify on this then fair play. But I did give him enough opportunities to stop.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#4 Post by epicaldude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm

iain wrote:Epicdude: Suck my massive dick
What? No.

Glorious.

iain wrote: again. Slightly less vulgar this time but still a bit pathetic. It wasnt in anyway constructive criticism on the game.
This is game, not a forum for constructive criticism on the game.
iain wrote: [Warning number 4]
If you would take no action at all it would finish with last game :)
Its simple keep the server clean.
Lets keep the server cleener[/]b. If any says the F- word, then also mute, no wait, ban him. And report to authorities.
Few people where already jailed for insulting and trolling. Do your duty citizen. Ministry of truth needs your help.

I would shove it in under this rule:
You can't repeatedly abuse on purpose (swearing, vote or bind spam, blocking, teambleeding…) – ban.

I think this rule need to be more specified. Or better, removed.
Say...
you can not repeatedly unfairly distract players from game play using /m spam. For other actions players should be informed they can use /ignore player to ignore player.

On the other hand, ignore command is not the best because it is permanent, players might end up with broken teams that lack team-communication even days or months later... server could remind players to clear ignores on new game.
Image Image

iain
Granger
Granger

#5 Post by iain » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:14 pm

epicaldude wrote: What? No.

Glorious.
Still petty, immature and just generally being annoying for the sake of being annoying?
epicaldude wrote: This is game, not a forum for constructive criticism on the game.
To clarify. It was simply "You are shit. No, You are shit. No I'm better than you! No, I've got a higher score than you

I think we can agree that that inst constructive or useful?
epicaldude wrote: If you would take no action at all it would finish with last game :)
Or you can just take the warning on the chin and stop? Or take the warning on the chin and then complain on the server. No need to continue?
epicaldude wrote: Lets keep the server cleener[/]b. If any says the F- word, then also mute, no wait, ban him. And report to authorities.
Few people where already jailed for insulting and trolling. Do your duty citizen. Ministry of truth needs your help.

Absolutely no idea what you are saying here...

Any modification of the rules is obviously for Rota to decide.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#6 Post by epicaldude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 pm

iain wrote: I think we can agree that that inst constructive or useful?
I think we should rather agree that when 2 people are heaving a conversation it is up to them to decide if they want to keep talking or stop or /ignore

And you can concentrate on like, kicking deconers and TKillers etc :)

Same like police can concentrate on catching rapists instead of putting people in prison for trolling, sharing mp3 or smoking pot in own home etc. If you understand this :)
Image Image

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#7 Post by Spl@ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:53 pm

epicaldude wrote:
iain wrote:Its simple keep the server clean.
Lets keep the server cleener[/]b. If any says the F- word, then also mute, no wait, ban him. And report to authorities.

Insulting etc. via -i=privately[/i]-owned services, but charged and convicted using laws written for publicly-owned communications services, by any chance?

I would shove it in under this rule:

I think this rule need to be more specified. Or better, removed.

I think of it as “don't be disruptiveâ€￾; that appears to be the intent.

Iain, I think that you may have overdone it with the warnings – trying to avoid needing to use the mute hammer? Result is that this one got dragged out…

Epical, sometimes you're a bit noisy; and some of us find some of your in-game comments… rather 12-year-old.
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

iain
Granger
Granger

#8 Post by iain » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:54 pm

epicaldude wrote:
iain wrote: I think we can agree that that inst constructive or useful?
I think we should rather agree that when 2 people are heaving a conversation it is up to them to decide if they want to keep talking or stop or /ignore

And you can concentrate on like, kicking deconers and TKillers etc :)

Same like police can concentrate on catching rapists instead of putting people in prison for trolling or smoking pot in own home etc. If you understand this.
Sure I can agree with the situation outlined above. However, two people having an argument where one is being pathetic and abusive towards the other I feel that that is a different matter.

As I said above, I have been warned for a situation like the above in the past by a senior admin. So if any senior admin would like to comment on this that would be great. Until such a time I stick by my actions and I do not think you have handled this situation correctly. But I digress.

EDIT: Also, some people are not aware of the ignore command, and either way why should they have to put up with someone being spiteful towards them? Call it trolling if it makes you feel better at night.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#9 Post by Rotacak » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Nexttime use callvote mute.

Using command "mute" is almost not needed at all. Only for mute evaders or intentional global spammers, like repeated spam "fuck you all" for example.

iain
Granger
Granger

#10 Post by iain » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Rotacak wrote:Nexttime use callvote mute.

Using command "mute" is almost not needed at all. Only for mute evaders or intentional global spammers, like repeated spam "fuck you all" for example.
Ok Rota, understood. Thanks.

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#11 Post by Spl@ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Rotacak wrote:Next time use callvote mute.

“/mute $PLAYER; unmute $PLAYERâ€￾ is sometimes worth using: another tool to use along with /warn.
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

valentin54
Server supporter
Server supporter

#12 Post by valentin54 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:23 pm

iain is a faithful admin.

Epical : Stop trying to get all admins demoted and go fuck yourself moron

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#13 Post by epicaldude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:40 pm

valentin54 wrote:go fuck yourself moron
Well in this situation I would recommend to you to maybe suck on my glorious cock.
It is very sweet, try it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23558082@N ... otostream/
Image Image

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#14 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:02 am

epicaldude wrote:
valentin54 wrote:go fuck yourself moron
Well in this situation I would recommend to you to maybe suck on my glorious cock.
It is very sweet, try it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23558082@N ... otostream/
Want.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#15 Post by grmg.pl » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:01 am