(hearsay) admin TheMuffinMan kicks (or mute?) without need?

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

iain
Granger
Granger

#31 Post by iain » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 am

Alright, I'm not going to make much of a comment on the Yalt thing as I wasn't there.

As for the whole Joesf thing, I saw him bleed several times (team kill as well (although I cant remember for certain)) and OM bleed so gave him a warning before leaving the game (alerting muffin before I left). At this point he had already had a warning for persistent bleeding.
Quote:
attempting to snipe Joe
So you banned him for nothing. Tk-attempt ist not a TK.
I read this as joe being sniped but not dying? Possibly needs clarification?

Moving on from this: As far as arguing on somebody elses behalf goes, you've got to remember that admins can see more than you can. OFC there are somethings that you can see (such as team kills). But we generally have a better view of what is going on in the entire game and there isnt always time to grab screenshots and record demos.
Whilst I understand the need for admins to be able to justify there actions, you cant just immediately call them a liar because they don't have screenshots/demos. They might not have the time and/or feel a need to for a small kick/ban. At some point you do need to trust what we're saying (to a certain extent ofc).

Equally, if you are going to say that we're breaking rules and abusing our powers you need to provide sufficient evident to prove it.

That is all.

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#32 Post by TheMuffinMann » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Just let the matter settle, no need to cook that stew again, okay? :D
A signature, for me?

Stop it, you. :$

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#33 Post by epicaldude » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm

iain wrote:the entire game and there isnt always time to grab screenshots and record demos.
bind F9 "stoprecord; record"
bind F10 screenshot
iain wrote: Equally, if you are going to say that we're breaking rules and abusing our powers you need to provide sufficient evident to prove it.
That is all.
Yes, please remember about this, all admins :)

Glad this is resolved then
Image Image

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#34 Post by TheMuffinMann » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Those binds surely are useful, but sometimes it is rather strenuous to upload images, look for them and that...

I especially do not like Records at all... xD Never bother looking them up...

Perhaps introduce me/us on how to find that stuff (I have a vague idea)
and where and how to upload this without much hassle....

Still, the major disadvantage of Adminreporters is that they cannot see all and always should provide proof of us abusing/ making wrong decisions...
A signature, for me?

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#35 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm

MediaFire for uploading files is what I usually use. (no catchpha crap)
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

Hobo with a shotgun
Dretch
Dretch

#36 Post by Hobo with a shotgun » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 pm

All admins (junior level and up) should have auto record demo on by default.

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#37 Post by TheMuffinMann » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:41 pm

And who is gonna provide us with sufficient space on our harddisks, we have better things to do than to fill this with that.
A signature, for me?

Hobo with a shotgun
Dretch
Dretch

#38 Post by Hobo with a shotgun » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Usually demos are 1 mb per 10 minutes. You can always delete them after a week or so. Just save the important ones. (bans, kicks, decons, etc)

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#39 Post by epicaldude » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:24 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:MediaFire for uploading files is what I usually use. (no catchpha crap)
Maybeeee http://freenetproject.org but it's slow. Interesting unspyable file-sharing if you set small storage space (1 GB) or have SSD or separate hard drive.
And you need to install application (1 click though). And people to download also have to have this application for now... well It's for pros.

bittorent could work but you need to keep seeding. Freenet doesn't need that.

And about MuffinMan saying how this is not easy to look up:
if there is a problem then just press F9 to start recording, and press F10 to screenshot (or press it few times).

Then when you want to review, go over screenshot, find the problem image, and just see which demo file is the next with date higher (or the one before) you get file like demo123.dm..
so in console just do \demo press TAB key, enter 123 ... and see if that is good file then upload.
Hobo with a shotgun wrote:All admins (junior level and up) should have auto record demo on by default.
I was considering that, but Im not sure we have to have the policy of fear, guilty by default, monitor everything, police state attitude even to fucking computer games.

This is not United States of War (hi, Gunther) not some UKpanicostan ;)

We should not monitor everyone and their dog, especially here, for fuck's sake it's just a computer game not nuclear missiles silos.
Image Image

Hobo with a shotgun
Dretch
Dretch

#40 Post by Hobo with a shotgun » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Recording demo allows one to review what happened in a particular game. Something a couple of screen shots can't provide. Granted it only shows the point of view of the person recording the demo. It helps prove or disprove any claims and perhaps clear someone of any false accusations, which seems to happen regularly here.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#41 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 pm

TheMuffinMann wrote:And who is gonna provide us with sufficient space on our harddisks, we have better things to do than to fill this with that.
If 10min = 1MB, then it's simple math.

100 minute game is only 10MB, size of two high-quality songs.

Then, ten 100 minute games are 1,000 minutes, or 100MB.

If so, then one hundred 100min games = 1GB

10,000 min = ~166 hours. That's about 1/3rd of the total time I've ever been on this server.

So, if Hobo is correct, and you have at least 1GB of space somewhere, then you can start recording now, and constantly keep recording for a week.
If you play 2 hours a day, then you could record demos of your games for ~83 days, or almost 3 months.
And that's just with 1GB, supposing you had 2GB (and that's half the space of a $5 dollar storage device)
I'm not trolling, and since I finally figured-ish this out, and I have 1TB HD, now I can set it to auto-record junk every time I go into a game.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#42 Post by grmg.pl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:If you play 2 hours a day, then you could record demos of your games for ~83 days, or almost 3 months.
And that's just with 1GB, supposing you had 2GB (and that's half the space of a $5 dollar storage device)
I'm not trolling, and since I finally figured-ish this out, and I have 1TB HD, now I can set it to auto-record junk every time I go into a game.
And who the fuck is gonna review all the demos? What if someone suspects, records and the demo end up 60 mins long?

What if after a week of recording he ends up with 100 2min long demos? How the fuck anybody is gonna keep up with the names?

People are gonna end up reviewing the demos as much as playing the game.

The idea to record EVERY game, because some dumbfuck MIGHT be bleeding OM for stupid fun, is retarded.

Thats why certain people are lvl7. We trust in their judgment and we trust in their word without them having to provide regular players with demos, screens and logs. You're not included Gunther, no offense nab.

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#43 Post by Spl@ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 pm

I have auto-record enabled. I don't normally need it. But it does mean that if a (recent) recording is needed, it's there…
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#44 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 pm

grmg.pl wrote: You're not included Gunther, no offense nab.
And that's why you don't play anymore, because you know I'd kick you.
How touching. :D
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#45 Post by grmg.pl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:And that's why you don't play anymore, because you know I'd kick you.
And that's about the only thing you could do, having little skill to do anything else.

Anyway, back to the reality...:P

Instead of recording 24/7, why don't you "persuade" (send noSound or Harfa with lots of beer :)) Rota to set up a registering system, ie. provide an email like with with the forum registration.
Now all you need to do is sort the logs (ctrl+f) for "deconned" and "teamkilled".