Player aimbot kick me

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

(PL) cool boy
Dretch
Dretch

Player aimbot kick me

#1 Post by (PL) cool boy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:39 pm

I call vote "kickplayer aimbot for:cheats. (they got aimbot and wallchak) vote dont pass.... and they kick me for "such vote"....WTF

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#2 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 pm

"aimbot" has caused trouble personally with me before...maybe not with that nick but I recognize the IP.
Sometimes people name themselves that for fun just to trap people like Cool boy, or (on 1.1) they really have a bot but know no one can catch them.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#3 Post by TheMuffinMann » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 am

Cool Boy isn't really able to accept that people can be better than him. That's my idea.

Besides that, I have played against him/them and found no such claim
A signature, for me?

Stop it, you. :$

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#4 Post by Rotacak » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Anyway, if someone name self like "aimbot", "hacker" etc. then it is his fault. And another his fault is votekick for (PL) cool boy.

It's similar when someone will say "I using aimbot" - he can expect ban without checking if it is true or not.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#5 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Rotacak wrote:Anyway, if someone name self like "aimbot", "hacker" etc. then it is his fault. And another his fault is votekick for (PL) cool boy.

It's similar when someone will say "I using aimbot" - he can expect ban without checking if it is true or not.
Yes, if you're going to troll, then naturally people don't like you.

In this situation, trying to kick "aimbot" right off was wrong. If Cool boy thinks he's actually botting, then good demos and other proof are required.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#6 Post by epicaldude » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Rotacak wrote:It's similar when someone will say "I using aimbot" - he can expect ban without checking if it is true or not.
Interesting topic, Rota.

So then if you joke on twitter "lol I hate waiting lines in this airport I'm at... I guess I will blow it up if this continues!" you should go to prison for terrorism.

This is what fascist countries like USA are doing, btw :)

There are many levels of threat, from obviously nonsense to real one, so I guess it is better to NOT jump at the ban button if you can observe a bit first.

I would say it should warranty observation, not punishment if nothing was really done other then talking.
Last edited by epicaldude on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#7 Post by Rotacak » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 pm

It is same when on Airport someone will scream "I have bomb!".

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#8 Post by TheMuffinMann » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Rota, you cannot compare these two extremes...

One is a REAL danger an imminent threat.

The other is some VIRTUAL threat.

You've gotta differentiate between these two...

In Tremulous we can survey potential botters and hackers and evaluate. There is no real danger for anybody. Within an airport national and international security are threatened. So you cannot take that lightly.

I know the issue. Giving yourself a name, hacker, bot, troll whatsoever won't get you many friends, but you simply cannot assume that by spotting one with a suggestive nick that the person will use that what the nick implies.

I could call myself admin, owner, murderer, whatsoever... That says nothing about my behaviour other than that I'd like to irritiate people perhaps, or similar.

So if I named myself Antisemitist, Nazi or whatsoever, would that really seem to you as if I were such?

I highly doubt it, names are names.... Some a little more eyecatching than others.

We have to survey those people, make demos and have valid proof before engaging that much in action. Unless there has been imminent action, then we are urged to act.
A signature, for me?

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#9 Post by grmg.pl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm

TheMuffinMann wrote:Rota, you cannot compare these two extremes...
joke on twitter "lol I hate waiting lines in this airport I'm at... I guess I will blow it up if this continues!
when on Airport someone will scream "I have bomb!".
I think he's not COMPARING. He's giving another example to show that "I have aimbot" said ingame is like "I have a bomb" in real life and in a place where it is IMPORTANT not to have one.

you simply cannot assume that by spotting one with a suggestive nick that the person will use that what the nick implies.
Experience says otherwise and bad experiences are the best remembered ones.
Some nab announces that he bots and EVERYONE is looking at him.

So if I named myself Antisemitist, Nazi or whatsoever, would that really seem to you as if I were such?
Ingame you would be a considered a troll. In real life, considering past experiences, you would be looked upon and if some not-cool-boys(PL) were around you could have a chit-chat with local police officer :D

I highly doubt it, names are names.... Some a little more eyecatching than others.
True, but words carry connotations and ideas with them. As always, all depends on context. Joking about being a robber while drinking beer in a bar is funny, joking about being a robber while inside a bank is funny too, but only to the guy who shot you :P And none would blame him btw :D

We have to survey those people, make demos and have valid proof before engaging that much in action.
True.

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#10 Post by Iltavuo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Muffin, being a nazi/murderer doesn't really matter inside the game, admin can't do anything about you being one(rules don't even say you can't be one because it's not relevant) and you can still be a nice player. Deconning and aimbotting are completely different from that, they are one of the biggest "crimes" you can do in trem. If you get kicked with a nick like that, you can only blame yourself.

Note, I do not kick such persons on sight, but I do frown on that behavior, and I'm fairly reluctant to cancel any votes against them.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#11 Post by epicaldude » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Of course killing is not same as cheating in computer game.

(btw sometimes killing real people in real life is better then insulting people hehe, kill civilians = get medals as war patriot hero, say N word = omg crime. In USA. How mad are you, Gunther :P)

But that was not important here.
What I ment here, is that aimbot is slow "problem".

And "blowing airport"(problem in real life) or "deconing RC in crucial moment"(problem in game world).
Image Image

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#12 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:04 am

(btw sometimes killing real people in real life is better then insulting people hehe, kill civilians = get medals as war patriot hero, say N word = omg crime. In USA. How mad are you, Gunther )
Not mad, that's how it is. You get 18 months for intentional murder, but ~40 years for disobeying a repeated "direct order" to your "senior officer" in the military.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#13 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:27 am

Welcome to the 21st Century in which capital crimes are worse than human ressource crimes.
A signature, for me?