Zol1ka banned without reason?

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

Zol1ka banned without reason?

#1 Post by epicaldude » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 am

Player saying that he is "Zol1ka" claims on IRC that he was banned without any reason.

Who banned him and why?

[03:43] <m3hhhh> gunther banned me btw and the reason was 'O hai annoyingfaggot post on forum' etc
[03:43] <m3hhhh> something like that
Image Image

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#2 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:15 am

Well that was me, of course. :)

I've been waiting for him to slip up for a while and connect with his local IP, which about matches the perma-ban (set by Nod) on the banlist. And gareth said, and I quote: "I'm 100% sure it's him", and he didn't object to the banning.

So if it was, for some extremely improbable reason, not him, then that person could request ban removal here.

The "AnnoyingFag" ban-reason was part of the same ban-reason as the perma-ban set by Noddy; Zolk3ri will remember it.
tremulous |&#712;tremy&#601;l&#601;s|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#3 Post by epicaldude » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:Well that was me, of course. :)

I've been waiting for him to slip up for a while and connect with his local IP, which about matches the perma-ban (set by Nod) on the banlist. And gareth said, and I quote: "I'm 100% sure it's him", and he didn't object to the banning.

So if it was, for some extremely improbable reason, not him, then that person could request ban removal here.

The "AnnoyingFag" ban-reason was part of the same ban-reason as the perma-ban set by Noddy; Zolk3ri will remember it.
So *WHY* is he banned in the first place again?

What did he do?
Image Image

zolk3ri
Dretch
Dretch

#4 Post by zolk3ri » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote: I've been waiting for him to slip up for a while and connect with his local IP, which about matches the perma-ban (set by Nod) on the banlist.
I always connect to the server with my local IP and I've been already unbanned by Nod. Also it is worth to mention that I have not done anything in the past few months that is against the rules.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#5 Post by Redman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Meh, looks like Gunther is seeking attention again.
Also known as the invisible man.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#6 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm

In the banlist, there's one always at the top and it never gets cleared. Want to know why that is?
Because it's permanent.

14 days for permaban-evasion. I'll update the current reason soon to clairify.
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#7 Post by epicaldude » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:53 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:In the banlist, there's one always at the top and it never gets cleared. Want to know why that is?
Because it's permanent.
And can anyone say what is the reason for that permaban then?
Image Image

zolk3ri
Dretch
Dretch

#8 Post by zolk3ri » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:In the banlist, there's one always at the top and it never gets cleared. Want to know why that is?
Because it's permanent.

14 days for permaban-evasion. I'll update the current reason soon to clairify.
You still haven't answered the "why" question and nope, it's not ban evasion since Nod unbanned me already. Also I can't connect to the server because YOU banned me, and not because of the permanent ban which belongs to my old IP and which is irrelevant anyway because I've been banned again after that one and then I got unbanned by Nod, as far I remember.
Last edited by zolk3ri on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#9 Post by Redman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 pm

Who banned him and why?
I bet Gunther doesn't want to tell what's the reason because it looks more or less like this: "o hai annoying faggot". That would make him look childish and irresponsible, wouldn't it?
Also known as the invisible man.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#10 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 am

This was taken from the ban-log less than 2 minutes ago. This is the long-standing permaban entry.

Current "re-ban" reason has been updated.
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#11 Post by epicaldude » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks (we can not seen it). Btw or can we, regular players see list of bans with some command?

Any way.

1) Botter
2) Maker ... bot maker?

Point 2 is invalid, it's like arresting guy that produces knifes because someone got cut up by some Gypolocks, or Winston&Smith because someone started a shooting.

So point 1.
I hate botters.
But the are getting permabans?
Imo all permabans are stupid because eventually someone will go around it, imo it should be 3 or 6 months or something?
Image Image

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#12 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Guess someone hasn't heard the full story:

Zolk3ri was an annoying troll, insulting when he came on. But only so much. Only a few mute votes against him.

But his "shining star" was his nice triggerbot, which he put out to everyone in the server and would advertise it over PM. Server admins finally got ahold of it, we all tested it, including me, and determined it was a real threat, as we could see others using it also.
Then he was banned for reason above by Nod, Rotacak updated the server files, and we haven't had mass-botting problems since. So, naturally, we don't want him back. That's why the ban is forever.
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#13 Post by epicaldude » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:Guess someone hasn't heard the full story:

Zolk3ri was an annoying troll, insulting when he came on. But only so much. Only a few mute votes against him.

But his "shining star" was his nice triggerbot, which he put out to everyone in the server and would advertise it over PM. Server admins finally got ahold of it, we all tested it, including me, and determined it was a real threat, as we could see others using it also.
Then he was banned for reason above by Nod, Rotacak updated the server files, and we haven't had mass-botting problems since. So, naturally, we don't want him back. That's why the ban is forever.
Rota said here no one will be banned for saying something and that "even hitler" can play here.

What makes this server golden best server of freedom, amongst 99% of gay, political-correct servers, websites and places in the Internet and overall on Earth.

Or does it apply only to "unless I really hate what he says, as server admin, e.g. because he says about triggerbot"

* trolling -> irrelevant, and as above
* advertising a bot -> as above. ban the bot USERS instead, not bot creator or person telling about it
* using bot -> did he use a bot? maybe it should be a limited time ban for it
Image Image

TheWolfKiller
Dretch
Dretch

#14 Post by TheWolfKiller » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Epical, first of all, it's none of your business what the admins do.
They don't have to explain their actions to you, I'm surprised gunther is even replying to your posts.

zolk3ri
Dretch
Dretch

#15 Post by zolk3ri » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:Then he was banned for reason above by Nod, Rotacak updated the server files, and we haven't had mass-botting problems since. So, naturally, we don't want him back. That's why the ban is forever.
Are you saying that there is no longer "mass-botting problems" because I am banned on the server? Would you like me to prove you wrong?