Level 6 and 7 admins should not hide under other names!!!

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Lizardwithhat
Dretch
Dretch

Level 6 and 7 admins should not hide under other names!!!

#1 Post by Lizardwithhat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm

I have seen several times already that level 7 sometimes level 6 admins hide under other names, you can't even see that they are admins which is annoying and to be honest simply stupid because people need to know that you are admin know who to come for help for, I say it needs to be made a rule that you use this only if you are trying to spy on a deconner or possible hacker

[rage]gareth
Dretch
Dretch

#2 Post by [rage]gareth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 pm

im not sure this should really be posted under the "admin abuse" section, but admin disguise is often the best way to catch rule breakers, and many will not do it if admins are around, however it might be nice if admins could see if there are other admins online (not who they are, maybe something like /listonlineadmins shows the number of lvl 7 admins, and the number of lvl6 admins currently online but not who they are?
grangers FTW :D

iain
Granger
Granger

#3 Post by iain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:13 pm

[rage]gareth wrote:im not sure this should really be posted under the "admin abuse" section, but admin disguise is often the best way to catch rule breakers, and many will not do it if admins are around, however it might be nice if admins could see if there are other admins online (not who they are, maybe something like /listonlineadmins shows the number of lvl 7 admins, and the number of lvl6 admins currently online but not who they are?
I concur.

Also: Lizard: players have a certain amount of autonomy themselves, they can make votes to kick people and do small justice on their own.

If they really need an admin and they arent sure if someone is online, first port of call is the /a command and then to come on the IRC/forum.
Last edited by iain on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#4 Post by Iltavuo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:27 pm

I used nick "Iltavuo" for the first six months I was an admin ( beginning of 2010 I think ), after that, I pretty much quit using it completely. People would talk to me a lot/other social stuff, while I mostly just want to play and do the admin stuff when it's needed. I'm not against other admins seing when I'm on, but don't expect me to talk back much, unless it's about some admin related stuff. I'm not hiding my name. This is just the way I played most of my trem years: changing nicks multiple times a week to something random.

Lizardwithhat
Dretch
Dretch

#5 Post by Lizardwithhat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:57 am

The best would be if we had a current admin Nick(s) section on the RCZ site or something, because when I got admitted a some Admins didn't know me at all while I play very very often, Lucyrant has not played since august 2011, so that might be why he as being one does not know me? Or not under that nick, he actually never comments only votes anyone seen him? If he had not played for that long only voted not to loose admin I think that is stupid, I still see no reason to hide your admin level, unless you are spotting someone specific, deconners usually are not smart enough to know /list players

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#6 Post by Iltavuo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:53 am

I've seen lucirant last year definitely. Also the lvl7s aren't hiding their admin level, it's done automatically and we can't affect it.

Lizardwithhat
Dretch
Dretch

#7 Post by Lizardwithhat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 am

What? LOL, Double facepalm why is that?

iain
Granger
Granger

#8 Post by iain » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 am

Lizardwithhat wrote:What? LOL, Double facepalm why is that?
So that they can see how people act when they don't think that an admin is on....

If you know about flags:
On here the level seven admins have an ICOGNITO flag, a way around this I suppose would be able to add the invisible flag but that is up to rota. Either way, the function to hide your admin level/name is necessary.

If you actually need a level 7 and you arent sure whether one is on or not, then use /a and ask or go on the irc.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#9 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I don't mind level 7s hiding their names. But I do mind if they do not respond or worse say "who do you think I am?" That is not helpful and counter-productive. If you are an admin, but for some reason do not want to be admin that day, then change your IP and remove your qkey. Seriously.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

Re: Level 6 and 7 admins should not hide under other names!!

#10 Post by epicaldude » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Lizardwithhat wrote:I have seen several times already that level 7 sometimes level 6 admins hide under other names, you can't even see that they are admins which is annoying and to be honest simply stupid because people need to know that you are admin know who to come for help for, I say it needs to be made a rule that you use this only if you are trying to spy on a deconner or possible hacker
To talk to admins you can join IRC:

server irc.rizon.net
/j #rcz

there are many free irc clients, also there is webchat trivial
Image Image

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#11 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Incognito for lvl 7 is anti troll measure and addition for admins to get more deconners while they are online + you can play like other players.

If you dont know who is around just type /a and ask... This tool is for it
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"