Epical - Level 5 - Donor - Abuse

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

Epical - Level 5 - Donor - Abuse

#1 Post by TheMuffinMann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:26 pm

It seems like I need to hand in a report too.

In the past few weeks I have been receiving complaints and similar reports regarding epical.

Most of them complaining about his attitude, playstyle (binds!) and abuse of admin privileges.

So far his level 5 administrative level prevents him from being muted/kicked/denybuild thus making him invincible.

This means that he can spam however much he wants (and he surely does exploit that privilege a lot - EPICAL WIN IN PROGRESS! - see parallel thread!)

and I have come to wonder whether that PLAYSTYLE can be supported by this idea of a level 5 player.

So I propose this. Either demote epical, so as to make him not anymore immune. (let the people decide!) or simply don't make people able to buy immunity!

Either way, I start to wonder why I even bother trying to fix things here. Either people don't appreciate the work some of us put in or people always have something to complain about.

So, nonetheless, perhaps this topic should be considered too.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

Re: Epical - Level 5 - Donor - Abuse

#2 Post by epicaldude » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:28 pm

TheMuffinMann wrote: Either way, I start to wonder why I even bother trying to fix things here. Either people don't appreciate the work some of us put in or people always have something to complain about.
Your work is to stop deconers, team killers,
not to force your view on what words are "good" and what are "bad".

This is that simple :)

Can you do just that or not?
Image Image

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#3 Post by TheMuffinMann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Rules for players

In short: play nice. That's all. We playing for fun.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can lucispam, pulsespam, blasterspam, tyrant maul spam…
You can camp or jetcamp.
You can trap an egg with turrets or teslas, or a telenode with acid or hives so long as there remains another untrapped spawn point.
You can kill your own team's spawns so long as there remains another untrapped spawn point.
You can speak in your own language if you like.
You can be a battle-granger, but you should expect to be team-killed often.
In other words - you can play freely.

You can't cheat – ban.
You can't destroy your own base on purpose – ban.
You can't teamkill on purpose (when teamkilled player does not agree with that) – ban.
You can't use bugs which will cause an imbalance or complete invulnerability of either team – ban.
You can't repeatedly abuse on purpose (swearing, vote or bind spam, blocking, teambleeding…) – ban. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must not call a draw when one team is winning or there is still obvious game progress ‒ warn → kick → ban.
In other words - you can't be an idiot. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the rules.. I'll mark those that you are breaking.. with !!!!!!!

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#4 Post by epicaldude » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Well as you just said 15 minutes ago "present evidence" then I can reply in detail.

I'm of course not denying saying nigger, nigger, Im just saying it isn't part of game play and it was many times on forum just read old threads and find out what is Rota position on it - "do not care about racism/whatever remarks".

And this is a very smart position.

Your muting of people saying Nigger will
- help 0 people of black descents to avoid violent attacks e.g. by police
- mess up ~10 games with distributing teamchat
- create 5952 darama points, also know as niggermoment as linked to in another posts ;) and make us post shitz on forums like this thread here and there instead playing game.

Correct admin reaction to "bad language" is to do nothing.
And if FLOOD (real flood that makes game hard to play) - warn/mute etc.
Image Image

iain
Granger
Granger

#5 Post by iain » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:21 pm

epicaldude wrote:Well as you just said 15 minutes ago "present evidence" then I can reply in detail.

I'm of course not denying saying nigger, nigger, Im just saying it isn't part of game play and it was many times on forum just read old threads and find out what is Rota position on it - "do not care about racism/whatever remarks".

And this is a very smart position.

Your muting of people saying Nigger will
- help 0 people of black descents to avoid violent attacks e.g. by police
- mess up ~10 games with distributing teamchat
- create 5952 darama points, also know as niggermoment as linked to in another posts ;) and make us post shitz on forums like this thread here and there instead playing game.

Correct admin reaction to "bad language" is to do nothing.
And if FLOOD (real flood that makes game hard to play) - warn/mute etc.
Well... repeated use of "swearing" is cause for a ban.

Now, swearing == profanity and profanity==language considered to be offensive.

There is as of yet no internationally-recognised list of "language considered to be offensive" and there is no rcz-approved list of words that are offensive...

That is partially where admins come in -> To use our judgement in situations that are not specifically outlined imo.

So... to sum it up: Muffin can ban according to rules for profanity... It does occur to me that you are trying to make some epic stand over this?

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#6 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:21 am

I still dunt knuw why you play with trolls.

TREMADMIN MMORPG
Route 1*
Get case to Rotey - Provide evidence - ban the fella/degrade.

Route 2*
Other way is - Learn how to live with them - if they cross over the line - learn how to live with new line/poke them to get back to "trolley line"/get back to Route*

There are more routes but they are for hardcore admins which are trolls themselfs. Ofc Imma talking about

Splat?
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#7 Post by epicaldude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:04 am

Nod_Nod_Nod wrote:Ofc Imma talking about

Splat?
Personally I'm worrying about Splat, recently he can see movies like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA / http://youtu.be/ovbKP2icVuE?t=2m40s and because they say Nigger he thinks THIS IS RACIST SHOW... lol :roll: I think me meant it.
Image Image

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#8 Post by grmg.pl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 am

Ban him or remove the "mute/kick" immunity.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#9 Post by Rotacak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:13 am

Personally I am tired, bored and annoyed of this "cause". Everytime when I reading forum or IRC, I see only "nigger, hitler, racism". What the hell have this to do with this game?

I do not care about these words, because it is stupid. But if I do not see anything else, it starting to pissing me off. When I see "nigger" on IRC, I do not reading it at all, it is still same, again and again.

So, I considering it like spam and asking epicaldude to stop spam everywhere with these bullshists, or any other bullshits.

If this bullshit-spam should be that our freedom, then I should reconsidered it. I want to read text on irc, forum and in game about gangers, tactics, camping etc. Not about niggers, hitlers etc.

TheMuffinMan likes it

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#10 Post by TheMuffinMann » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

Rotacak has spoken... :o

I am missing the like button somewhere. ^^
A signature, for me?

Stop it, you. :$

iain
Granger
Granger

#11 Post by iain » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:03 pm

TheMuffinMann wrote:Rota has spoken.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#12 Post by epicaldude » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Rotacak wrote:if I do not see anything else, it starting to pissing me off. When I see "nigger" on IRC, I do not reading it at all, it is still same, again and again.
Do not worry Rotacak, there will be other topics :)

Should had moved off-topic discussion to other IRC I guess, but to me it feels like I, Muffin and gareth did explained some problems to eachother,
like e.g. why I deconed containers (where conducting mara zap into base),
or how I often use forward eggs to win game (works best on ATCS and boxfield :) and why gareth was not sure that tactic was good.

Btw anyone that read past "the eeNNNN word" knows actually we talked too about problem/solutions to thoes.. 8)
Image Image

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#13 Post by Spl@ » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Rotacak wrote:So, I considering it like spam and asking epicaldude to stop spam everywhere with these bullshists, or any other bullshits.
+1
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…