Some noob1 returns: a hax compilation

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

some noob1
Dretch
Dretch

#16 Post by some noob1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm

If that's causing it then tossing all the ye/yex_whatever pk3's in a sub folder should remove it. mmm bad idea having that there while running a demo....
can remember seeing grangers shooting out flares at machinegun rate

if that doesn't fix it, it may be a fault on my end. sometimes there's these stupid messages being spammed at the start of a demo, no idea what causes it. if that causes a demo to crash for only some people then maybe there is some cvar that can make it work, just a guess though

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#17 Post by TheMuffinMann » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:04 pm

You've got to delete everything that has been downloaded from Yalt's Edge...

That is any Y.E. pk3s and so forth...

Then it should work fine
A signature, for me?

Stop it, you. :$

Weed
Marauder
Marauder

#18 Post by Weed » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 pm

grmg.pl wrote:
some noob1 wrote:Hi grmg. Thanks for your input, and also did you get the "couldn't load" error on mediafire or in your client?
Client, but that might be related to weird shit from YaltsEdge mod, I get (on all demos)alien stuff in place of h base, alien radar instead of helmet etc.
delete his mod, it infected your whole tremulous, files etc..
had same problems, couldn't start local server,watch demos.
So i reinstalled it.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#19 Post by grmg.pl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:11 pm

You've got to delete everything that has been downloaded from Yalt's Edge...
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! :d

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

#20 Post by imp » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Ye, I have a feeling that this whole Y.E. mod was made in terrible hurry and imprecision , that why it cause this whole mess :/ .

maxvega
Spectacor
Spectacor

#21 Post by maxvega » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:28 pm

But how yalts modes works in rcz?

Weed
Marauder
Marauder

#22 Post by Weed » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Guys keep it on topic.

iain
Granger
Granger

#23 Post by iain » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 pm

I havent actually tried any of these demos yet, but having had some experience looking though all of the fucking source code for these mods I can almost guarantee what the problem is: fucking typedef enum. :@

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#24 Post by Redman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Don't forget that demos are really just all the network traffic dumped into a file, so if you've got the wrong cgame.qvm, expect a clusterfuck.
Also known as the invisible man.

[rage]gareth
Dretch
Dretch

#25 Post by [rage]gareth » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:49 pm

this looks more like a kid trolling to me....
never ever in my history of tremulous have i seen "some noob1" in game. This for a start makes me question how trustworthy you may be... do you have any other names?

none of these demos have even looked slightly suspicious to me with the exception of TNG, but i would be tempted to assume he is just a good player. Not going to waste any more of my time on these demos.
grangers FTW :D

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#26 Post by grmg.pl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Just to end the TNG part - this dude has been playing 1.2 since I remember, he's very good, there is no bot in the demos, nor there was ever a bot on him while I was specing him in the last 2 months, and I speced him a few times. Just watch his mara, he's on par with Muffin if not better. As for the MD whoring, he misses too, like most MDwhores, he can be dretched at hs1.

some noob1
Dretch
Dretch

#27 Post by some noob1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 am

Hi gareth. No i am not trying to troll the forum.
But perhaps saying that "this looks like a kid trolling" before asking a question isn't the best way to get an answer?

Also thanks for giving me your point of view on the hack claims.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#28 Post by grmg.pl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 am

I read the AA thread about Mega, nothing conclusive about botting there.

[rage]gareth
Dretch
Dretch

#29 Post by [rage]gareth » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am

apparently it was not the best way to get an answer,

so do you use any other names in-game?

and if you're gonna quote, at least quote it right ;)
"this looks more like a kid trolling to me..."
grangers FTW :D

Fang152
Marauder
Marauder

#30 Post by Fang152 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 am

Hi some noob1,

I've had a look at all the claims and accusations about the players that you've made. Although they seem perfectly reasonable based on your demos, you can't just assume that they use a bot just because 'they're better than you'. You say you chose these players because they put shame to the hard work you've done to practice for Trem. Are you a pro player -question mark-. Yes, we all hate it when we get defeated by someone we thought was more 'noob' than us and start to find reasons as to why. Yes, you can surely attempt to create lots of excuses but it won't change that fact that you've done this based on your 'intuition'. Are we to assume that you have experience of bots :?: Surely this means that you've used one yourself, or at least sent long enough studying demos to become skilled at spotting one. A little background knowledge of you would be nice to give us some assurance that you're not a fraud.

Note, this is in no way and accusation or insult upon you. I simply want to be sure that you are a reliable source.

Nevertheless, I will still take into account your accusations.

Firstly, TNG. A very old player indeed. You say he has a 'hard-to-spot' bot - how fast can you say this!! - and seems to get the edge from it despite being a very good player. If you accuse him, then what evidence do you have to support that other great players such as Meis don't also use a bot :?: And if he is such a good player as you say, then what use does he have of it :?: To show he can defeat us all :?: To show that he is still the best :?:

Secondly, Fedora, has been playing for some time, and the demos don't clearly show the bot. As you probably know, there are times in the game in which we get that 'lucky hit' or 'lucky escape'. I know some players who get it quite a lot but should I accuse them of bots :?: Yes, seems plausible after all...

Onion - don't even need to say much. A good player, always has been.

Mega. Hm. Your backup on the AA forums is strong evidence definitely. But lets not forget about the reputation of the AA server and its admins....
I won't say that I know for certain that Mega does not use a bot - after all, the evidence is strong - however there is such a thing as false accusations. ESPECIALLY on AA, as those who have played 1.1 long enough will know. As to the fact that he is in the top three all the time - he isn't. Also, the demos are poorly shown in that they do not show any clear, undeniable evidence that the players are using a bot.