Activity i guess.
Looks like i suck :D

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#137 Post by Rotacak » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Quarko wrote:
Rotacak wrote:but you will live longer too
I would not agree with you on that one. You can live longer only if you lag much - about 400 ping no less. Then you start jumping (teleporting) instead of moving, which causes some trouble aiming with sniper-weapons (lasgun/md).
Otherwise, you are as easy to snipe as 1ms guy. Hits are calculated on server side, and it does not care that the position change packet had a delay from the client.

For example:
A - person with ping 500.
B - person with ping 100.

A location is (0,0).
B location is (100,0).

A sends movement packet to position (100,0) (a dretch...). Server will receive this packet in 500ms.
B simultaneously sends a shooting packet to server, aimed directly at position (0,0).

After 100ms:
Server still have not got A players movement packet and thinks he is at 0,0. But, server gets shooting packet from player B now. And kills the poor dretch sending the death packet to player A (500ms delay).
After 500ms:
Server finally receives player's A movement packet. Checks it's status and ignores it (player A is dead, wtf?).
After 100ms + 500ms:
Player A receives a death packet and finally dies client-side.

So only the shooting guy's packet counts with unlagged=off.

Unlagged=on however, would take the "After 500ms" packet to action. So the dead dretch will hit the guy and kill him. That's why strange log appears (...was bitten by Quarko (-25hp left))
I missed this post :o

I was not talking about so high pings. 50 or 100ms is enough for noticeable changes.

With unlagged on you can hit everything what you see. So naked human cannot dance with tyrant.

But with unlagged off you can hit only that, what server see. That means you have less shoot accuraty and even with ping 50 - 100 it changes game enough. You need to kill something, what you should predict, but you will see something else. Yes, ping 50 make little changes, but still something yes. Bigger ping is very annoying. I can't play good like alien, I can't hit anything.

So you cannot hit them so easy, but they cannot hit you so easy, that is reason why you live longer.

When we tested unlagged off on R Unlimited CZ, I was human and I can run from human base to alien bunker trough two tyrants with good success. With unlagged off I was killed two steps from human base :-)
Last edited by Rotacak on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#138 Post by Rotacak » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:51 pm

VIV37 wrote:what do the (0), (+1), (+2), (+3), at the Admins: in the first page mean... :?: :?: :?:
Yes, its activity from new admins. If we see that you do good things like admin, if you reporting bad players etc, you will got +1. That is only information for us. If someone have still 0, then he probably is not usefull.

KoWoDo
Dretch
Dretch

#139 Post by KoWoDo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:52 pm

In my opinion Quarko is great admin, and deserves more than +3 :)
Saw him few times in action.
Knows commands well and uses them quickly.
Controls buildlogs often.

VIV37
Dretch
Dretch

#140 Post by VIV37 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:30 am

VIV37 wrote:I would like a callvote to prolong SD... like /callvote prolong SD 30min or something like that plzzz
this subject has not been closed...
using a 70% like arma is good idea end making this vote possible in SD so if players what to rebuild base or make an extra base... end forget about the 30min its too much... 5 min is what I think is acceptable end I think aliens are not going to die is humans camp another 5 min I bet that the are going to love the new buster...

[NF]=BadEendt
Spectacor
Spectacor

create a funserver

#141 Post by [NF]=BadEendt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to create a small funserver for my clan (noobforce) for on lanparty and stuff. the problem is i dont know what om to use or file to change. i installed the mods that i could find on this forum but i can't build on walls or on ater buildings. so if somebody could help me out it would be nice.

btw

I Love Your Funserver

Greetz

BadEendt
NoobForce NL

CrackD0wn
Basilisk
Basilisk

#142 Post by CrackD0wn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:48 am

how is noobforce = NL?

kaotaja
Dretch
Dretch

#143 Post by kaotaja » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:07 pm

I bet NoobForce NL = NoobForce Netherlands
Gynter

[NF]=BadEendt
Spectacor
Spectacor

Noobforce NL

#144 Post by [NF]=BadEendt » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:53 am

Noobforce is a dutch clan so it's nl because nl = Netherlands.
but does sombody know how to mod your server to build buidling on top of each other? (and on walls as human)

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

Re: Noobforce NL

#145 Post by Rotacak » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:54 pm

[NF]=BadEendt wrote:but does sombody know how to mod your server to build buidling on top of each other? (and on walls as human)
Can you compile sourcecodes? For building on walls check benmachine's mod.

nooteh
Server supporter
Server supporter

#146 Post by nooteh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm

I have put together funserver features and made a single website of them. The link can be found in the first post of this topic or just here: http://onlineforum.cz/trem-features
Humans are the only beings who were domesticated by themselves.

Blog: http://logicry.blogspot.com

kaotaja
Dretch
Dretch

#147 Post by kaotaja » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 am

Rotacak wrote:
VIV37 wrote:what do the (0), (+1), (+2), (+3), at the Admins: in the first page mean... :?: :?: :?:
Yes, its activity from new admins. If we see that you do good things like admin, if you reporting bad players etc, you will got +1. That is only information for us. If someone have still 0, then he probably is not usefull.
Err, which page?
Gynter

nooteh
Server supporter
Server supporter

#148 Post by nooteh » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:11 pm

kaotaja wrote:
Rotacak wrote:
Err, which page?
Deleted, coz lot of admins were removed and the one junior admin - Soulless was reporting deconners, team bleeders and so on a few months ago.
Humans are the only beings who were domesticated by themselves.

Blog: http://logicry.blogspot.com

ramos
Marauder
Marauder

#149 Post by ramos » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:55 pm

I cannot find the server , as a matter of fact i cannot find no CZ server, no unlimited,no funserver no tremball what happend? is it from me or the serv is down ?

Nomad
Server supporter
Server supporter

#150 Post by Nomad » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 pm

ramos wrote:I cannot find the server , as a matter of fact i cannot find no CZ server, no unlimited,no funserver no tremball what happend? is it from me or the serv is down ?
yehi can't find it too....... :cry: