Rules on server

Rules, mods for download...
Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#31 Post by Redemption » Tue May 31, 2011 4:00 pm

stern? why would i be stern? hell i'll be as mature as my age the day i'm stern with someone :)
take this fear from me...
before it consumes me whole...
take this fear from me..
before it consumes my soul...

i am dyslexic so plz have sympothy for me plz

PPNL
Server supporter
Server supporter

#32 Post by PPNL » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:47 am

Redemption wrote:stern? why would i be stern? hell i'll be as mature as my age the day i'm stern with someone :)
So ur 2 years? :D

just kidding <3
I Maul Ya
McDretch
McRauder
*PPNL MAULED **
*PPNL ZaPP ZaPP
Sky Mauler
O_o

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#33 Post by Redemption » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:48 am

LOLOL and anyway PPNL what's with your server let me join :(
take this fear from me..

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#34 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Please troll in topic that are for trolling, or you made them for it... This topic is mainly focused on rules, and only on rules.

Thank you for your cooperation.
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#35 Post by Redemption » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:57 pm

was just about to post that...
take this fear from me..

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#36 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Best way is to not post anything... Post nothing if you are gonna troll. If someone other is gonna troll, still, post nothing. If youre coming to home, and have urge to troll, I think you have to post nothing.

Trolling isnt part of this server. This should be in rules.
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#37 Post by Rotacak » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Added two new rules about stupid callvoting.

pmd
Server supporter
Server supporter

#38 Post by pmd » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Yay!
i became angry, when the loosing team calling draw, and winning team have all chances to win. the best way to avoid loose is ragequit :D
Quarko wrote: If you have time to think about crap - you are not working hard enough.

Sgt. Silverburn
Dretch
Dretch

#39 Post by Sgt. Silverburn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:29 pm

I would like to ask for clarification:

Just now, Taute stopped a teamvote admitdefeat. The match had been going for 25 minutes or so and the aliens wanted to admit defeat, 5-1.

The rules say admitdefeat can be cancelled during the first 5 minutes.
Only public draw votes can be cancelled mid-game, when it appears one side is winning.

If aliens or humans want to give up for some reason, they should be able to, yes?

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#40 Post by Iltavuo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:49 pm

The game was progressing well. Yes, humans had a foward base near alien base, but their rc wasn't that far from being killable either. I think admitdefeat votes are in the same league of drawvotes/ changemap votes. It's not good that less than 25% of the players on the server can decide that the game ends there. In my opinion games should be played until the end. Also, a sidenote, I think we were well into sd back then. I might be wrong

Geo88
Server supporter
Server supporter

#41 Post by Geo88 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Sgt. Silverburn wrote:I would like to ask for clarification:

Just now, Taute stopped a teamvote admitdefeat. The match had been going for 25 minutes or so and the aliens wanted to admit defeat, 5-1.

The rules say admitdefeat can be cancelled during the first 5 minutes.
Only public draw votes can be cancelled mid-game, when it appears one side is winning.

If aliens or humans want to give up for some reason, they should be able to, yes?
I was on the same game as well, in the alien team, actually the one who called the vote.

Map: the one with 2RCs by default (chuck norris invasion or smth).

Situation: aliens have crap base ( egg walls ? in front of om) and H have all of the map built, with very strong fwd at the bacony near A def (and H3 ). Also, lag was getting really bad, 2-3 sec delay on everything.

I called an admit defeat vote which initially was voted down, played for another 5 minutes, evolved,killed a few H etc. and then called the vote again which ppl agreed to.

Taute, the admin in question, decided that is vote spam and decided to call the vote. Amongs other things, he has the first player in terms of score on the A team, seemingly enjoying the game.\

Q1: so if an admin wants to play and the team doesn't anymore, does that justify a cancel for team admit defeat ?

Q2: what is the default resolution when people build like mad and game lags like hell ? Do we wait for server to crash ?

Sgt. Silverburn
Dretch
Dretch

#42 Post by Sgt. Silverburn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I think admitdefeat votes are not comparable to draw votes at all.

Voting for a draw requires both teams to vote on it. They both need to want it to get enough votes to pass it.

An admit-defeat vote is when a team sees it cannot win and wants to end the match. It requires only that team, since it concerns their performance. They'll lose anyway.

The argument that other people might still want to play doesn't matter, far as I'm concerned. This It's a team vote, not a public vote. It's not about them. It's about the team wanting to give up. The other team might not like having to stop, but what about the team being forced to continue to play? Why do they not matter anymore?

Teamvotes were added for a reason: to allow teams to give up when the situation is hopeless.

I think what we're missing is examples of when it *is* allowed. Saying "after 5 minutes" leaves a lot open to interpretation.

Sgt. Silverburn
Dretch
Dretch

#43 Post by Sgt. Silverburn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Also, for my first post, I misread the rules as saying you can't *before* 5 minutes while it actually says *after*

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#44 Post by Rotacak » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 am

Admit defeat is useless - only ruining game for winning team. It should be removed completely.
Sgt. Silverburn wrote: If aliens or humans want to give up for some reason, they should be able to, yes?
If game have no progress (both teams camp without any attacking) then you are able to vote draw.

Geo88: If game is overbuilded, you should vote SD. And again, if there is no progress, you should vote draw, not admit defeat. If there is anyone, who attacking (admin or not) and enjoing game, then there is no reason for draw and cancelvote is good solution.

On 1.1 are sometime long games, when both teams can camp, but after that they making rushes. For example, humans cant leave base completely, because they have last armoury. So there is bigger camp, mines, but still game can be win. And after this 100 minute long game someone will call draw (basically the biggest camper)? WTF? I playing 100 minutes for nothing? Hell no. And even more - after 150 minutes one team finally start winning and killing last oposite spawns AND some loser will vote draw (which is unnoticed by attacking players). And game will end like draw. That is just bad.

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#45 Post by Quarko » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am

Rota, could you please modify the rules to reflect the situation Redman LOVES to abuse:

1) Vote for cannon map.
2) Kill all humans, leave 1 node.
3) Aliens are playing a buildgame and nobody can join because Redman sits on node and nodekills every human.

I warned him (really aggressively once) but he said some usual bullshit like "there is no rule for that".