Did you found bug? Post it here.
BillyRazOr
Dretch
Dretch
Location: 2, Alor Mengkudu Road, 05400 Alur Setar, Kedah, Malaysia

Pings

#1 Post by BillyRazOr » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi!!!! I'm BillyRazOr.... :D :D :D

I got a problem. When I went to R Unlimited CZ server with my Trem GPP, sometimes my connection was not good and go in this server and it said "Server is for low pings only". After that happened, i go back and refresh it, go in again with this server, no problem. Just because i checked this info and current max pings is 400 only!!!!

Why this server of max pings is 400 only??? I'm from Malaysia (Southern Asia). My connection is broadband 4G (speed is GOOD). Usually i go this server, my pings is between 380+ to 420+ or 500+ blah blah blah......

Can someone want to change max pings to 999??? My local connection is good but distance is quite far with lagging..... :( :( :(

BillyRazOr

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

Re: Pings

#2 Post by epicaldude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:49 pm

BillyRazOr wrote:Hi!!!! I'm BillyRazOr.... :D :D :D

I got a problem. When I went to R Unlimited CZ server with my Trem GPP, sometimes my connection was not good and go in this server and it said "Server is for low pings only". After that happened, i go back and refresh it, go in again with this server, no problem. Just because i checked this info and current max pings is 400 only!!!!

Why this server of max pings is 400 only??? I'm from Malaysia (Southern Asia). My connection is broadband 4G (speed is GOOD). Usually i go this server, my pings is between 380+ to 420+ or 500+ blah blah blah......

Can someone want to change max pings to 999??? My local connection is good but distance is quite far with lagging..... :( :( :(

BillyRazOr
This is a problem, with high ping you would probably be harder to hit? Is that not making gameplay worse for other players in ways like that?

Either way it would be hard for you to hit anything afair?

Pings 50-80 are considered good
100-130 ok
more will be problematic

But if this is not harder to hit for others (warping) then Im for allowing him
Image Image

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#3 Post by Redman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 pm

People with a high latency (over 200ms) usually make me want to eat their souls. That's how annoying playing against them is.
Also known as the invisible man.

nalf
Granger
Granger

#4 Post by nalf » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Redman wrote:People with a high latency (over 200ms) usually make me want to eat their souls. That's how annoying playing against them is.
Redman, please explain it in detail why. Since Billy is from the other side of the world, he has ping higher than basically everybody else, so he doesn't experience what you describe. If you explain it, he'll understand why it is a problem for others.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#5 Post by Rotacak » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello,

I can increase max ping, but with so high pings (400+) is game unplayable.

BillyRazOr
Dretch
Dretch
Location: 2, Alor Mengkudu Road, 05400 Alur Setar, Kedah, Malaysia

#6 Post by BillyRazOr » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks for reply..... :D :D

Honestly i'm from very very far places. When i play Asia server, my ping got between 80+ to 180+ only. But i play this server, my ping got between 380+ to 420+ and getting higher like 500+ to 600+!!!!!

My local connection speed is 1Mbps only.
Download rate: GOOD and FAST
Upload rate: Not Bad, just quite a little fast speed
Lag rate: Very near distance is ok, but very far distance is WORSE.

nalf
Granger
Granger

#7 Post by nalf » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:53 pm

BillyRazOr wrote:Thanks for reply..... :D :D
My local connection speed is 1Mbps only.
Download rate: GOOD and FAST
Upload rate: Not Bad, just quite a little fast speed
Lag rate: Very near distance is ok, but very far distance is WORSE.
Billy, download/upload speed and pings are completely unrelated things:
  • Ping means how quickly a packet goes from your computer to the server and back.
  • Speed means how many bytes can get to you per second.
So you can have a connection that has very fast download/upload speed, but a high ping. And you can have a connection that has very slow download/upload speed but a low ping.

Why high ping causes troubles to other players (quoting Ping - video gaming / Cheating(Warping/Delayed Damage)):
Older Games: In some games, users with a high ping unintentionally gain an unfair advantage, as in some implementations of the Quake III Arena network protocol and game engine. In these games, the player aided by the higher ping skips around, almost looking like they are teleporting, making it hard to judge where the character is exactly, and thus more elusive to target. For this reason, many servers automatically remove players with higher than average ping - with thresholds as low as 130 milliseconds.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#8 Post by Redman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 pm

nalf wrote:
Redman wrote:People with a high latency (over 200ms) usually make me want to eat their souls. That's how annoying playing against them is.
Redman, please explain it in detail why. Since Billy is from the other side of the world, he has ping higher than basically everybody else, so he doesn't experience what you describe. If you explain it, he'll understand why it is a problem for others.
Example (dretch [50ms lag] vs md [400ms lag]):
T+0: dretch is walking through a hall, md walks in
T+200ms: md notices the dretch, fires at it
T+400ms: server gets the info about md walking in
T+450ms: dretch gets the info about md walking in
T+600ms: server gets the info about md firing, kills the dretch (unlagged)
T+650ms: dretch gets the info about its death, before it could run away

This kind of shit happens all the time when playing against high-pingers, especially if they're aliens.
NOTE: I'm not sure if the movement is unlagged for humans, but I'm sure it is for aliens.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#9 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 pm

SOUTHERN ASIA??

I salute you sir! If you can get 400 ping on a server across the globe....well, that begs the question "who's your ISP and can he understand Americanize"
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#10 Post by grmg.pl » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:06 pm

1. ISP has nothing to do with ping. I used to get pings like 400+ to Amsterdam Unlimited, which I presume was hosted from Europe. OTOH i got pings like 70-120 to US1.

2.This is getting really annoying:
[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote: "who's your ISP and can he understand Americanize"
Here in the US of A, we have something that has set us apart from other countries for a long long time.
And unfortunately for you, I live smack-dab in the middle of the continental US. Where was it you lived again hmm?
WTF is wrong with you and your "you don't live in America" shit?

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#11 Post by epicaldude » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:34 pm

grmg.pl wrote:1. ISP has nothing to do with ping. I used to get pings like 400+ to Amsterdam Unlimited, which I presume was hosted from Europe. OTOH i got pings like 70-120 to US1.

2.This is getting really annoying:
[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote: "who's your ISP and can he understand Americanize"
Here in the US of A, we have something that has set us apart from other countries for a long long time.
And unfortunately for you, I live smack-dab in the middle of the continental US. Where was it you lived again hmm?
WTF is wrong with you and your "you don't live in America" shit?
I guess Gunther is jelly of us ("us" = we, not US = USA).
Because he lives in police state and has even less freedom the EU (except right to defend yourself with firearms), and his president okeyed kidnapping and assassinating people without due trial (NDAA) even including USA citizens.
Image Image

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#12 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:52 pm

What?

Americans speak different from English. Like "torch" in America is flaming in a bracket on a wall, not a flashlight. And "boot" is a shoe, not the trunk of a car.
-wonders why trouble was made to look for American references-
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly