Maps on server and map requests

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

Anti camp map

#1 Post by imp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm

How about this :D ?
Many ppl complain about camping and i have to agree that 100min games are not so funny.
Also many ppl say that this is because RCZ su*ks and things like that.
And here I am with my new idea for a map :d !
Map will aim anti-camping training, teamwork and tactics.

So this is what is my idea.
I have in mind 2 versions:
1)
Simple arena with 2 bases, a bit of room in middle and maybe side tunnel or two of em (basically something like acts).
And there will be big epic red button on the very middle of the map that both teams will have to press alternately every 5 mins or their whole base will die xD ! ppl would need to get out of base so they can hold middle till time pass and enemy team will die but still they cant camp there too coz they would be simple back doored from side tunnels :) .
2)
Less simple but similar idea. some more complicated map setup with maybe few rooms where both teams could move their bases , few buttons and same mission.
Map will show for example : " Aliens have to push green button in 5 mins", then after 5 mins : "Aliens have 1 min to push green" .
If they don't they will lose base, if they do then there will come humans turn and map will say : " Aliens pushed button. Humans have to push red in 5 mins" and so on...
This version would contain like 5 different colored button rooms.
This way both of team will have to take over particular room in 5 mins so they can push button and also cant forget about other ways to their base :P .

What do u say? It seems that it could be good for players and also even nice fun :D

Raptor
Granger
Granger

Re: Anti camp map

#2 Post by Raptor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:11 pm

imp wrote:How about this :D ?
Many ppl complain about camping and i have to agree that 100min games are not so funny.
Also many ppl say that this is because RCZ su*ks and things like that.
And here I am with my new idea for a map :d !
Map will aim anti-camping training, teamwork and tactics.

So this is what is my idea.
I have in mind 2 versions:
1)
Simple arena with 2 bases, a bit of room in middle and maybe side tunnel or two of em (basically something like acts).
And there will be big epic red button on the very middle of the map that both teams will have to press alternately every 5 mins or their whole base will die xD ! ppl would need to get out of base so they can hold middle till time pass and enemy team will die but still they cant camp there too coz they would be simple back doored from side tunnels :) .
2)
Less simple but similar idea. some more complicated map setup with maybe few rooms where both teams could move their bases , few buttons and same mission.
Map will show for example : " Aliens have to push green button in 5 mins", then after 5 mins : "Aliens have 1 min to push green" .
If they don't they will lose base, if they do then there will come humans turn and map will say : " Aliens pushed button. Humans have to push red in 5 mins" and so on...
This version would contain like 5 different colored button rooms.
This way both of team will have to take over particular room in 5 mins so they can push button and also cant forget about other ways to their base :P .

What do u say? It seems that it could be good for players and also even nice fun :D
looks good and as u said but if i was in that map i'd send some players to those buttons so that others wont have to worry about tht.
Now dont tell me thats a good strategy in those maps...:P
Beware THE CREATOR OF THE GRANGER!

Fang152
Marauder
Marauder

#3 Post by Fang152 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Nice idea xD

But like Raptor said, how would you get all players to leave the base?

How about have a wave of lava or something at the bases where buildings stay safe but players have to leave otherwise they all die in the wave. You could have the surge happen every 5-7 minutes and make it last for 1 minute so that players can't go back to base straight away. It ensures that even if they do try to camp, it'll only last for at most 7 minutes and then you can kill 'em! :D

How about it - sound good?

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

#4 Post by imp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Fang , i think it isn't very good idea because they would just camp right ahead of base with some arm+medi or if i wont let em build outside it would kill em too fast so no fun.
Instead of this I think it will work better if team would need to work in threat of losing whole base. It will force them to manage push button in any case (so all ppl will rush out of base for sure) or they will lose their base. In case they actually will lose it , they can still manage to rebuild this with is even nice because they would need to move somewhere else with base fast and work as team.

Fang152
Marauder
Marauder

#5 Post by Fang152 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:30 am

Yes i suppose you're right :/

I like the button idea so how about this:

There are buttons in each of the two bases. After 5 minutes, the whole base explodes and both the teams have to move to the opposing team's previous base. Any campers left behind will die because the other team will dominate. Also, any leaders (i.e. players that run ahead of the rest) will also be killed because the whole of the other team is attack from front (but pro players might be an exception). This means that the whole team has to work together in order to survive with any campers or leaders dying out, all is fair. Also, players will be discouraged from camping or leading because the next time they respawn will be when the new base is all setup - which can take about 5 minutes too.

To prevent the game from ending too quickly, there will also be side tunnels through which some of the players can quickly pass if they are being attacked from the main base.

P.S. This map that you make will be complicated so you may need to explain the rules somehow at the start (maybe like on a sign post for them to see when they enter the game, or on the walls inside the bases)

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

#6 Post by imp » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 am

It sounds fun Fang but still... Most of the player will consider camping best choice because if they leave base they will die fast and since opposite team need to build in their place they will just stay there.
Only option i see here is to let em build in several different rooms in whole map so opposite team wouldn't necessarily know where they might gone, this way most of the players will prefer to rush some tunnel all together instead of waiting in their base because its no use anyway because opposite team don't even need to go there.

Its nice idea also. Well I think I (or we if u wanna help :P) can make two versions because this one with several buttons in some rooms in map would be good training too. and it will force players to leave base even more.

If I already mentioned this i would like to entice you Fang (and other players also) to make some maps with me because i have some nice ideas but don't have time to mapmake all days :P we could create some little mappers team with some nice name and stuff :P , even if trem isn't very alive anymore i think its worth to consider doing that :P and maybe then we could consider to move on to Trem2 mapping some day :P .

Weed
Marauder
Marauder

#7 Post by Weed » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:56 pm

crazy idea :)

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

#8 Post by imp » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:41 pm

ye. This 5mins base dying version could be a bit annoying after all.
Maybe i will stick to this 1st concept

Fang152
Marauder
Marauder

#9 Post by Fang152 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:31 pm

I would definitely love to join that team of mappers! I like your ideas - I think we can combine our efforts and ideas to make an awesome map!!

However I have my exams coming up soon so no commitment can be promised as of yet :(

So what I mean is I'm only going to be free in the summer holidays (starting from June 14 for me) but when the holidays come I should have a lot of free time because I'm won't really be going anywhere.

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

#10 Post by imp » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 pm

Its ok Fang. I have some exams soon too. We will see , for now let's stick to the topic :P .

Pikachu
Dretch
Dretch

#11 Post by Pikachu » Wed May 15, 2013 9:04 am

What if one teams builds a forward near the button to deny the opposing team from pressing it? That would cause their base to get destroyed?

I've had an idea for a map where the RC and OM are set in a tube so neither team can access it. At SD these tubes get raised up into the main battlefield above the base so it is MAYHEM. Haha.
zap zap zap

Weed
Marauder
Marauder

#12 Post by Weed » Wed May 15, 2013 9:12 am

people would camp at the buttons

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

#13 Post by imp » Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 am

thats the whole point guys. ppl would camp on the buttons but it would be obvious so its actually a good thing coz ppl will have to play as a team to actually succeed with making fwd in the middle and on the other hand, teamwork will be needed to prevent other team to build in middle.
Thats for version 1.
In version 2 its a little bit harder because buttons would be on very diffrent places in whole map so its wont be so easy to guess with will be net target.
All that they can do is rush this button when map say witch one is it , to prevent opponent , pushing button.
Also as i explained earlier :
imp wrote: [...] but still they cant camp there too coz they would be simple back doored from side tunnels :) .
So yea, camping wont be a problem.