The "glitch"

Fun and interesting screenshots and demos

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Loki
Granger
Granger

#16 Post by Loki » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:13 am

Here's no LIKE button, HAHA. Ye Quake 3 is old engine but still in-use. It has lot of bugs, for example sometimes when you shoot dretch, the projectile will go through him. It's bug in that retarded hitbox D:
I had web with showing hitboxes when player jumped, crouched, etc. The hitbox is out of the model.
Blazer wrote:Build a second reactor!
Blizz wrote:No is untrue.
Loki wrote:btw im a huge faggot plz rape my face

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#17 Post by Redman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Loki wrote:Here's no LIKE button, HAHA. Ye Quake 3 is old engine but still in-use. It has lot of bugs, for example sometimes when you shoot dretch, the projectile will go through him. It's bug in that retarded hitbox D:
I had web with showing hitboxes when player jumped, crouched, etc. The hitbox is out of the model.
ioquake3 is propably the least bugged engine I've ever seen. Projectile not hitting a dretch was caused propably by the unlagged or your shitty aim. All bugs related to buildables on movers / rotators and stacked buildables are results of Rotacak's crappy coding.

Loki
Granger
Granger

#18 Post by Loki » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Redman wrote:
Loki wrote:Here's no LIKE button, HAHA. Ye Quake 3 is old engine but still in-use. It has lot of bugs, for example sometimes when you shoot dretch, the projectile will go through him. It's bug in that retarded hitbox D:
ioquake3 is propably the least bugged engine I've ever seen. Projectile not hitting a dretch was caused propably by the unlagged or your shitty aim. All bugs related to buildables on movers / rotators and stacked buildables are results of Rotacak's crappy coding.
Baaaah the pollack has arrived. Redman, I aim good, sometimes I can't because my usb port doesnt work as it should. I saw the same problem in quake live and it was due to that hitbox. Its position isnt so as it should be

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#19 Post by Rotacak » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Loki: probably because hitbox is only one, square (6 polygons) and model is complex with animations (thousand polygons?). That is reason why sometime can be part of model outside of hitbox. And guess what - it is not a bug.

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#20 Post by grmg.pl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Redman wrote:Projectile not hitting a dretch was caused propably by the unlagged or your shitty aim.

Probably the combination of both. Besides hitboxes being different shape than the models they also lag behind the model itself.

All bugs related to buildables on movers / rotators and stacked buildables are results of Rotacak's crappy coding.

So take his code and fix the bugs.

Rotacak wrote:Loki: probably because hitbox is only one, square (6 polygons) and model is complex with animations (thousand polygons?). That is reason why sometime can be part of model outside of hitbox. And guess what - it is not a bug.
Its a not a bug its a FEATURE :D

As for the hitboxes boxes being, well - boxes. Its actually easier to hit a box than a complex model.

Loki
Granger
Granger

#21 Post by Loki » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Haha nice feature :D
Or maybe hitbox is slower than mdl.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#22 Post by Rotacak » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:02 pm

grmg.pl wrote:
Redman wrote:
All bugs related to buildables on movers / rotators and stacked buildables are results of Rotacak's crappy coding.
He rather code some cheats, spam functions etc.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#23 Post by Redman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

He doesn't want to release his (GPL) code.
He rather code some cheats, spam functions etc.
I agree. Nothing floods chats and cheats more than finding character in a string or calculating 2+2*2.
Also known as the invisible man.

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

#24 Post by Quarko » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Redman wrote: I agree. Nothing floods chats and cheats more than finding character in a string or calculating 2+2*2.