Ideas for improvemens, UBP balance, and other extensions

Fun and interesting screenshots and demos

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

Re: Ideas for improvemens, UBP balance, and other extensions

#16 Post by epicaldude » Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Scare will be almost never used, and if it happens 1 per 100 games, the player will be unfamiliar and will thin that was a bug or shit.

The flying as you described it should annoying.

Flying should be cool experience
1) flying mara - 3 evo
- mara speed
- 210 hp
- zap but x2 lower damage

2) flying basi - 2 evo
- basi speed
- 200 hp
- drops bombs (6 charges, regenerate x3 faster then goon snipe, but x3 less damage; confuses like basi gass but x2 shorter time)

The HP is higher before in air they might be easier to shoot when overflying humans. But depends on speed too.

Balance:
limit humans jetpack flight time: 15 second fly, 10 second regenerate.
make teslas NOT perfect-hit, but 80% chance
Image Image

Forty-Two
Dretch
Dretch

Re: Ideas for improvemens, UBP balance, and other extensions

#17 Post by Forty-Two » Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 pm

nalf wrote: A flying unit. I'm sure this has been discussed many times before. My idea is: Small, low HP, very fast, controlled like an airplane, causing damage by hitting a target. On the ground the unit would move quite slowly and only very small jumps (something like a granger). To get into air it would have to charge, when the charge is full, it would take off. While in air, the unit would have a constant speed (not able to slow down - like an airplane). Hitting a wall would cause it to fall and need to charge to take off again. I think this would make it limited enough not to be abused, would be ideal for attacking jets in large areas, and would add something novel to the game.
http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=5858.0
Image Image