Yalt.

Post anything else

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#31 Post by Redman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am

iain wrote:Ironically the fix is actually contained in quite a few bot codes...
What do you mean?
Also known as the invisible man.

iain
Granger
Granger

#32 Post by iain » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Redman wrote:
What do you mean?
I.e. when connecting to a modded server the bot forces the loading of its own qvm files as opposed to the server qvms. The bot QVMs more often than not are located in there own separate directory - and vaguely from memory - you could also configure it to save the demos et al to that same directory (but again, I could just be completely pulling that out of my ass). I dont have any of the files on the computer atm, but from memory files.c rings a bell in the ZT bot. Dont get me wrong, it doesnt get around the fact that everyone would have to download new clients, but it does give the majority of the fix. You would *probably* (bearing in mind my knowledge of trem coding is completely negligible) only need to add a couple of hundred lines of code to the original files in order to fix the majority of the problem.

Fang152
Marauder
Marauder

#33 Post by Fang152 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:01 pm

iain wrote:
Redman wrote:
What do you mean?
I.e. when connecting to a modded server the bot forces the loading of its own qvm files as opposed to the server qvms. The bot QVMs more often than not are located in there own separate directory - and vaguely from memory - you could also configure it to save the demos et al to that same directory (but again, I could just be completely pulling that out of my ass). I dont have any of the files on the computer atm, but from memory files.c rings a bell in the ZT bot. Dont get me wrong, it doesnt get around the fact that everyone would have to download new clients, but it does give the majority of the fix. You would *probably* (bearing in mind my knowledge of trem coding is completely negligible) only need to add a couple of hundred lines of code to the original files in order to fix the majority of the problem.

lamefun
Dretch
Dretch

#34 Post by lamefun » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 am

Redman wrote:It's not yalt's fault that the demos/local servers are screwed up.
Well, demos OK, but local servers? RCZ mod replaces the default mod too, but it works. I mean, I can start a local server, it loads the map, I get to join a team, spawn and build trees, containers, crates, etc. Yalt's mod can't even load a map properly, it's a wonder how it works at all on Yalt's server.

imp
Basilisk
Basilisk

#35 Post by imp » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 am

Yalt's server has only Yalt's map probably. Or at least converted stolen ones.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#36 Post by Redman » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:27 pm

lamefun wrote:Well, demos OK, but local servers? RCZ mod replaces the default mod too, but it works. I mean, I can start a local server, it loads the map, I get to join a team, spawn and build trees, containers, crates, etc. Yalt's mod can't even load a map properly, it's a wonder how it works at all on Yalt's server.
Yalt's mod is further in the file hierarchy than RCZ so when there's no pure pk3 list available (watching demo or running a server through the client) it replaces RCZ files. All of them, except game.qvm which it doesn't provide (server-side game code). Because of this, local server loads RCZ's server code but Yalt's client code.

Yalt server works properly because it's configured properly and there are no mismatches.
Also known as the invisible man.