Opinions

Aliens, Humans and Robots together.
Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

Opinions

#1 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Here post your opinions for this server.

Robots get 1 cred! Yay...

Its so hard to aim at enemy.
Robots are just clones of humans xD, new layout would be awesome.
Weapons too are same, though its understandable.
Problem is that buildings are so hard to be destroyed (I mean Robots vs Humans)
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#2 Post by Redman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:53 pm

1. Xael missile is still very slow.
2. Robots should be able to use human commands (buy,sell,etc.) and human weapon and upgrade names.
3. Layouts should be server-side. Downloading 5-10 mb packs takes too long and is waste of space.
4. Boring robot weapons.
5. Boring robot buildables.
6. Boring robots.
7. Third team is not compatible with custom huds (team scores).
8. Boring robots.
9. Boring robot upgrades.
10. Some three-team maps should be created.

P.S. Boring robots.
Also known as the invisible man.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

Re: Opinions

#3 Post by Rotacak » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Nod_Nod_Nod wrote: Robots get 1 cred! Yay...
Fixed.
Nod_Nod_Nod wrote: Problem is that buildings are so hard to be destroyed (I mean Robots vs Humans)
I decreased building defense multiplier from 3 to 2. Now it should be better.
Redman wrote: Robots should be able to use human commands (buy,sell,etc.) and human weapon and upgrade names.
Can't, it is binded to team.

Serverside layouts its good idea, but don't know how to merge it with original maps for three teams. With that map maker have to run own server and make layout there, not in radiant.
Redman wrote: Third team is not compatible with custom huds (team scores).
That is logical.
Redman wrote: Boring
Did you played 10vs10vs10 or 1vs1vs0? :)

pmd
Server supporter
Server supporter

#4 Post by pmd » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:38 pm

what kind of robots we need? classic(mechanical+electronics) or may be complex nano structures, may be need robots like a replicators from stargate?

complex nano structures: its intelligent grey_goo, so they can morph like aliens(have classes), will have melee alien forms, humanoid or technological(yay, tank!!!) form for using long-ranged weapons . so buildings and weapons(with class or on base i dunno, need experiments) morphing too, because it contain same nano robots, and ammunition are universal. and best variant for nano 's its one parameter(free nano robots) instead of hp/ammo/creds.

replicators - same with nano's, but their parts are bigger, so no morphing weapons and universal ammunition, no "free parts" - normal tremulous parameters(hp, ammo, creds)
Quarko wrote: If you have time to think about crap - you are not working hard enough.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#5 Post by Redman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Third team is not compatible with custom huds (team scores).
That is logical.
Not really. You could force your modified team scores menu through UI code.
Robots should be able to use human commands (buy,sell,etc.) and human weapon and upgrade names.
Can't, it is binded to team.
Actually, it's trivial. Game code uses CMD_HUMAN flag to check if a command is human-only (g_cmds.c). Define something like CMD_ROBOT, add it to human commands and modify command code to make them function properly for robots.
Serverside layouts its good idea, but don't know how to merge it with original maps for three teams. With that map maker have to run own server and make layout there, not in radiant.
Layout related commands should be enough. Don't worry about other servers, I'm pretty sure you won't release source code.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#6 Post by Rotacak » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:59 pm

I mean - current HUDs cannot be compatible with this mod. But if you mean something else, like use only this HUD in this mod, then tell me how and I will do that.

CMD_ROBOT it is already there, but I am not sure, if you can bind (in sources) one command to CMD_HUMAN and CMD_ROBOT together. Anyway, item names (rrifle) must be different.

Layout commands are bad. I need to load specified layout allways and automatically.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#7 Post by Rotacak » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:34 pm

BTW, link to source code added.

ViruS
Dretch
Dretch

#8 Post by ViruS » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:23 am

Redman wrote: 3. Layouts should be server-side. Downloading 5-10 mb packs takes too long and is waste of space.
7. Third team is not compatible with custom huds (team scores).
#3: I 100% agree. I felt like leaving the server just as i connected because i realised had to re-download everymap. Also, when i entered the game - no HUD and no textures (except plants). They were just the first few i noticed as soon as i joined the game.

#7. True. Without my custom HUD from Meis, Tremfusion/Tremulous will NOT work. I've already argued about this on trem forums and pretty much no solution was made.

I'm not sure if you have it on or not, but if you don't, try sv_pure 1 and add the default HUD files in the pk3 and i'd be able to play.

But it doesn't look as boring. Its just the robot-vs-humans is the problem because of damage multipliers and xael is pretty usless againts them. (in my opinion) But i'm happy you've managed this far.
ULTRA Random ViruS

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#9 Post by Rotacak » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:44 am

#3 missing textures is map problem, download all maps and should be ok.

sv_pure is 1, but that not affecting HUD files. I don't know how to force my layout yet. On that downloadable client it works ok.

Damage multiplier is needed. Imagine what happen, when you drop nade in enemy R/H base, or shoot there two luci/xael = end.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#10 Post by Redman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:19 am

Forced team scores menu:
1. Find Menus_FindByName( "teamscore_menu" ); in code (somewhere in cg_draw.c around line 3150) and replace teamscore_menu with "3t_teamscore_menu".
2. Add CG_Load_Menu("3t_teamscore_menu.menu") at end of CG_LoadMenus in cg_main.c around line 1350.
3. Rename team scores menu to 3t_teamscore_menu.menu and change it's internal name to "3t_teamscore_menu" (name keyword in menuDef).

Commands for both humans and robots:
1. Add CMD_ROBOTS to command flags (line around 4500 in g_cmds.c): { "buy", CMD_HUMAN|CMD_ROBOTS|CMD_LIVING, Cmd_Buy_f },
2. Modify commands' code so that they work properly for robots.

Robot layouts:
1. Replace

Code: Select all

if( !level.layout[ 0 ] || !Q_stricmp( level.layout, "*BUILTIN*" ) )
    return;
in g_buildable.c around line 4550 with

Code: Select all

if(!Q_stricmp(level.layout,"*BUILTIN"))
   return;
  if(!level.layout[0])
   strcpy(level.layout,"*3TEAM*");
Game code should now load *3TEAM* layouts by default.
2. Create some *3TEAM* layouts with standard commands.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#11 Post by Rotacak » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Are you sure that "|" in "CMD_HUMAN|CMD_ROBOTS|CMD_LIVING" representing "or"? It is make sense rather like "and".

I will look at that layouts.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#12 Post by Redman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Commands' flags value is an integer. Flags are powers of two and if you look at them in binary numeric system they're a single 1 and a 0 (10, 100, 1000, etc.). Bitwise OR (the | operator) does logical OR on each bit separately. For example:

CMD_HUMAN is 00100000
CMD_LIVING is 01000000
CMD_HUMAN | CMD_LIVING is 1100000 because:

0 or 0 = 0
0 or 1 = 1
1 or 0 = 1
0 or 0 = 0
0 or 0 = 0
0 or 0 = 0
0 or 0 = 0
0 or 0 = 0

So in CMD_HUMAN | CMD_LIVING two digits are 1.
Operator & (bitwise AND) is used to check if an integer has a flag. For example:

CMD_HUMAN | CMD_LIVING is 1100000
CMD_CHEAT is 00000001
(CMD_HUMAN | CMD_LIVING) & CMD_CHEAT is zero because:

1 and 0 = 0
1 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 1 = 0

(CMD_HUMAN | CMD_LIVING) & CMD_HUMAN is CMD_HUMAN because:

1 and 0 = 0
1 and 1 = 1
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0
0 and 0 = 0

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#13 Post by Rotacak » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 pm

Well, this make sense. But in function ClientCommand() in g_cmds.c is every command checked for every flags. So in this case you must be ROBOT and HUMAN.

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#14 Post by Redman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:47 pm

I didn't notice that. Here's a fix:
http://pastebin.com/0iThkhjt

loldretch
Server supporter
Server supporter

#15 Post by loldretch » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Good idea. Did you saw Unvanquished mod?
Seems abandoned http://code.google.com/p/unvanquished/updates/list
can't connect to unvanquished.net/forum/ and unvanquished.einsteinbennyboy.com (links from http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=9805.270).

I think 3rd race must be like protosses in Starcraft (i dont know them good, but i think their gameplay based on low HP + good shields and special abilities).

Also i think not only 3 teams can fight on one map, it can be just 2 from them (Aliens vs Robots or AvsH or RvsH).
go buy brain, then go buy brain