staratcs

Maps on server and map requests

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#76 Post by Redman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm

-"organic movement" of some structures removed (to fix maxplane..)
MD3 MODEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS
They support animation, complex geometry and all that bullshit and they don't cause the client to crash.
Also known as the invisible man.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#77 Post by Rotacak » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:47 am

yalt. wrote:Most players just say: SHIT MAP after playing it for 10 seconds! >_>
That is common. And after minute someone will say "best map" :)

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#78 Post by Rotacak » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 am

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:
Rotacak wrote:
[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:But what about random noobs that can't?
Random noobs should not use linux...
Oh I forgot, noobs use Windows anyway. OK problem solved.
Yes, they should use windows. I like when someone shouting "windows is shit, I have linux" and his next sentence is "what is root?" - one week later he have windows back :)

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#79 Post by Rotacak » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 am

epicaldude wrote: Users came here to play games. Then can be patching own linux / developing kernel like me and still do not want to build shit, because if I want to that shit I might as well go back to work.

Other point,
- me
- Merry
- Best Looking Spark
- and unknown of number of people more
do not care enough to do it.

Since upgraded GPP is not even official, this is not the case of "IE 6 is 10 years old, do not use it nooobs". Its not 10 years and there is nothing new official, also users do not care.

This is why it should be map developer responsibility to create map that just works without being pain in the ass.

This or make new official trem, get it to tremulous.org, get server to warn that you need to update client and yea then it will be objectively the player's problem instead.
I don't really understand why you dont want to download fixed client or compile your own (its easy and you maybe gain some performace). You need to do and solve things, because of linux :)

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#80 Post by Rotacak » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 am

Uploaded new version.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#81 Post by epicaldude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Rotacak wrote:You need to do and solve things, because of linux :)
Saying it's "because of linux" is quite a retarded statement, how you can say it?

The developer had brainfart when releasing the last GPP version and had build windows version with other options then the linux version (or 1 release older).

It has nothing to do with "linux" - kernel,
nor with linux the kernel + tools
not even with linux ecosystem or anything.

Author foobared and easily it could have been other way around as well.

It would make SOME sense to say that say it's linux problem that nvidia driver is a bit slower (might be not the case now), but the above has 0 sense at all because authr misscompiled, irregardles of OS.

Anyway.

@YALT:

no more max patch error.

now other error :roll:
Hunk_Alloc failed on 164736

Maybe we should ask tremulous.net to recompile their shitty release of client and/or to use that forked thing insteadd.
Image Image

Lancer
Tyrant
Tyrant

#82 Post by Lancer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Hahaha :D
Care to check out Jucaspel?

http://on.fb.me/16BFTKE

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#83 Post by epicaldude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Lancer wrote:Hahaha :D
Works in Seqfault of course, so let me report you another error:
missing texture in A base in some parts.

Btw. cool that you tried to mute me when I told you about this bug lol.
Image Image

Lancer
Tyrant
Tyrant

#84 Post by Lancer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:17 pm

epicaldude wrote:
Lancer wrote:Hahaha :D
Works in Seqfault of course, so let me report you another error:
missing texture in A base in some parts.

Btw. cool that you tried to mute me when I told you about this bug lol.
I didn't mute you? Or at least, tried?
I muted you on Euro server, cuz you was promoting :D

yalt.
Banned

#85 Post by yalt. » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Now this is really pissing me off. Why you r not telling the whole story? You are the worst troll on server. You spam whole chat with your stupid binds and insults - provoking players and telling thinks like "SHIT IS NOT WROKING" again and again. This version is working. Merry, Ampul, Sparky etc were playing (i have screenshot) but noooo Epic has to tell shit again and again to gain some attention. And now you complain about my mute vote on you (unfortunately not successful). What did you expect? Or is this your "way" to report players on forums to mark them as *badass players* to ruin their reputation?
Well you can do that i dont care but make your own thread for that and stop spamming this map thread because we r try to enhance this map and accomplished something. We are constructive-minded. I will not talk anylonger to you so dont waste ur time - i wont.

Lancer
Tyrant
Tyrant

#86 Post by Lancer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:39 pm

yalt. wrote:Now this is really pissing me off. Why you r not telling the whole story? You are the worst troll on server. You spam whole chat with your stupid binds and insults - provoking players and telling thinks like "SHIT IS NOT WROKING" again and again. This version is working. Merry, Ampul, Sparky etc were playing (i have screenshot) but noooo Epic has to tell shit again and again to gain some attention. And now you complain about my mute vote on you (unfortunately not successful). What did you expect? Or is this your "way" to report players on forums to mark them as *badass players* to ruin their reputation?
Well you can do that i dont care but make your own thread for that and stop spamming this map thread because we r try to enhance this map and accomplished something. We are constructive-minded. I will not talk anylonger to you so dont waste ur time - i wont.
Merry was indeed playing, good job on the map yalt :)
Ignore the bitch

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#87 Post by epicaldude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm

yalt. wrote:Now this is really pissing me off.
Wut :)

yalt wrote:This version is working. Merry, Ampul, Sparky etc were playing (i have screenshot) but noooo Epic has to tell shit again and again to gain some attention.
Sorry bro it fails with that message :) Actually I tried it again now from default gpp 1.2 using /map staratcs and it's back to MAX_PATH thing. Maybe it didn't overwrite the file on download and tried again v2 who knows.
yalt wrote: I muted you on Euro server, cuz you was promoting
I was talking to Yalt not to you :)

Also, very pro that you (Lancer) mute me on EU1 because I asked other guys why there is 0 players on this server :) Well just saying
Last edited by epicaldude on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Redman
Marauder
Marauder

#88 Post by Redman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Hunk_Alloc failed on 164736
Tremulous ran out of memory. Start the game with +set com_hunkmegs 256 (or higher) to correct the problem.
Also known as the invisible man.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#89 Post by Rotacak » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 pm

epicaldude wrote:
Rotacak wrote:You need to do and solve things, because of linux :)
Saying it's "because of linux" is quite a retarded statement, how you can say it?
I can say it, because I have some experience with linux - last from yesterday: I compiled mame emulator (for two hours and 45 minutes - slow pc), then I run it and it will say "unsupported video mode blah blah" (mythbuntu). Week before I tried on virtual machine compile advancemame - unsupported video... (DSL), xmame cant be switched to fullscreen (DSL) and all was wasted time because nothing works.

I installed on that same computer windows 98 and after hour I was able to run dosmame, advancemame and even standard older mame without problems.

I also developed GUI application for windows and for linux too - it was pain in the ass. Windows version worked ok, linux... well, weird system font size changeable only by system settings, but ok too (ubuntu). After year - windows version still worked ok, linux version was unusable. New linux versions, libraries and who know what else totally destroyed that application, so i cutted it off.

If you have linux, you should understand it and you must solve things. BTW, i never noticed some problem with rename and delete buttons somewhere in windows, but I allways have problem with archives tar.bz/gz - allways have to google how to unpack it. When I will find tutorial, I need to instal some unpack program (why is not installed?) and type "tar -xfhzdunno archive". At this point I am allready pissed off due that stupid program - why cant type just "tar -extract archive" or "tar -x archive"? I dont need google for this, but for that -xfzj shit yes. Why cant just doubleclik on archive and everything is unpacked? Too much work and then I solve everything by windows in 1/10 of time.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#90 Post by epicaldude » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Rota you give some example of problem with Linux that might be correct.

Still this is correct that problem with that map has totally not "linux fault" and not even "linux related" it just happened when building GPP binary for one biary they used other build settings or code revision then for other, as you know it's just the config option in code.

Back to Linux, yeap it can have some problems; Either way, DosBOX runs nicely for me at least.
To have linux with least problems you should try maybe Ubuntu (though the new default GUI sucks imo).
Image Image