{rage}gareth lying in comments on admin app

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

[rage]gareth
Dretch
Dretch

these are not lies.

#31 Post by [rage]gareth » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 pm

None of what i have said is -as far as i am aware- a lie.

sigh, epic, im am not hating. I just have a very strong resentment towards you being an admin. This is not hating as there are many good reasons for it.

There are many players that will say the exact same as me (feeding /bleeding ect) if you asked them, so this is not at all a lie. Once again epical has neglected other people's existence in his little world. Admins Have to take into account other peoples viewpoints and epic constantly shows that he is in-capable of this.

your problem is that you think you are the only person in the world who matters, You are not. Come back and re-apply if you ever work this out.

epical, you know exactly what i am talking about, stop trying to lie your way out of the hole you've dug and stop acting innocent. You know the things you have done are wrong so please just make it quick and give up with your pathetic excuses and stop trying to shift this onto me.

You seem to spend over half of your time trying to get admins demoted, so " kindly stfu Smile "

here are a couple of screen-shots of epical behaving abusively towards other players, HOW can this behaviour be acceptable for an admin???
(admittedly these were a few months ago before he was lvl5, but he has not changed a bit)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87475087@N ... otostream/

long story short epical, i dont know why people on this server continue to put up with your rubbish. in my opinion, you should get ban, not admin.

p.s: nod, you should be utterly ashamed with yourself ;)
grangers FTW :D

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

Re: these are not lies.

#32 Post by epicaldude » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 am

[rage]gareth wrote:things you have done are wrong so please just make it quick and give up with your pathetic excuses and stop trying to shift this onto me.
Show me ONE CASE where I ruined game play (game play, as in 2 teams that try to kill eachother spawns and players) ok? :)
[rage]gareth wrote:You seem to spend over half of your time trying to get admins demoted, so " kindly stfu Smile "
Admins that use commands where they are not needed to have a good game, like Muffin muted Radman/Yalt when they joked he is nazi etc etc, also not doing that by admins is also a solution.
[rage]gareth wrote: (admittedly these were a few months ago before he was lvl5, but he has not changed a bit)
[ image: vote kick player Turret for lying who he is ]
Well lol. Yes. Luckily always some admin was around. Almost like if I had checked if admins are around first... ;)
So anyone that was part of the (faile) vote complained ever?
Maybe you should ask them.
That solves votes.

2 players where bitching about friendly jokes, Val and afair Yalt(?) so I don't poke them if they are crying when granger slashes their 350 hp tyr on booster.

Still no solid case of me ruining game?

And my game was ruined just today when I couldn't synchronize basibombs because Iain decided to muted me due to me saying, in PREVIOUS GAME, during INTERMISSION (end screen) ~"/\/\/\ loool splooosh this is a flood :)" x3.

Now an objective admin would know which thing makes game unplayable.
But apparently you don't want to be one?
Image Image

[rage]gareth
Dretch
Dretch

#33 Post by [rage]gareth » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 am

many people would not find that funny. That kind of behaviour/language can be extremely offensive to some people, and people who say that to others knowing it will upset them this much, should not have a right to speech.

im afraid i don't waste my time following your games, therefore, i have no examples of the games you have supposedly ruined for others, but people have complained about you "feeding humans to s2, then ragequitting" and it does not seem like a single person that has this viewpoint. (a fair few have shared a similar opinion of your in-game conduct). (I have witnessed this once or twice myself, however there is a fine line between feeding/building a fwd, and i think that, just sometimes, you seem to cross it. fwd bases are good, but you just have to be careful about where the line is between feeding and building a fwd.)

that does not solve problem with votes, epic, you lack understanding - that this is recognised as ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR no matter who it comes from (yes thats right, it still matters, even if its you that is doing it).

you have to learn that the same rules apply to you,

Epic, still you have yet to actually understand that other people exist, and have their own opinions/feelings. You do NOT understand this as you demonstrate often, so you can not be suitable admin material until you develop such an understanding.

so in summary:

everything i have ever said regarding this topic still stands as far, NONE of it has been lies as epic believes,

epic is a blatant troll, and a often a pest to existing admins and players,

general player opinion of him is currently a bad one,

epic needs to develop an understanding of others before he should be allowed to have admin,

Having said that, I do believe that if he fixes his attitude both in eyes of admins and players, he would be a really good admin, so here's a quick list of ideas as to what i think you would need to do before you can be a good admin here.

Checklist for epic:

you will need to behave appropriately even if you are not yet admin, i think it unlikely that you will go straight from troll to good admin in a matter of hours. (if you improve behaviour (in my opinion), and keep it up for a few months, then i would be more than happy for you to be admin).

fix your in-game conduct, (once you learn to be polite and respectful to ALL players this will be ok in my book). If you want to remove something that is very questionable, you should teampoll and ask the team, NOT instantly assume you are right and go at structures with a Psaw. (obviously i would not consider this necessary for some things such as a bamboo wall that blocks rants with no other paths ect, but the situation you and me discussed with containers would require this procedure, I have said all i will about this matter, It is NOT about your opinion OR my opinion, but the general opinion of the team that you were playing in that should matter in such a circumstance) (for refrence to others, He deconned 6-8 crates around the reactor with a saw, leaving RC unprotected. There were no rets/testlas in the area, and the Reactor and nodes were left completely unprotected. The general opinion of the TEAM at the time was that this was BAD, but epic decided his opinion was more important than the WHOLE team's opinion - i am NOT saying he was wrong in this case, but i am saying that he ignored the rest of his team, and this is not an acceptable attitude for an admin, so this needs to be fixed before he becomes an admin (it is not the decon i am complaining about, it was his neglect for his team-mates))

learn to look at something from other peoples point of view, YOU may not find "nazi" offensive or "nigger" racist, but OTHER PEOPLE might, so you should not say it. ESPECIALLY not to deliberately upset them. (once player opinion of you has improved, and you stop pointless/childish insults and excuse yourself by claiming them as OK things to say, or "a joke" I will consider this OK. For it to be a joke or OK, the ALL others envolved must share the same opinion that it is a joke or OK. If even one does not think it is OK, or does not see it as a joke YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT!). You cannot begin to force your "jokes" onto other people, and insist that they "are not racist" or "are not offensive" as they are to other people. You may not think so, but others might, and you cannot go around deliberately upsetting people for a "joke" if you want to be an admin.

Learn to admit when you have done wrong, Everyone knows you have done it (there is no point in arguing with this as I am one of many who holds this viewpoint - spend some time arguing this point with them as well as me :) ) , when you argue it so strongly on your own against so many people, it only makes it seem more obvious you are in the wrong to other people outside the argument. You may think your opinion is the most important, but other people will not regard your opinion as being any more important than others. You must learn to accept other peoples opinions if they are different to your own, and learn to respect them. This is a quality needed by all admins so they can respect other players, and be fair in their decisions to use admin powers.

Stop being a deliberate troll / idiot in game. (this is many other players viewpoints as well, so there is no point arguing this with me). Once general player's opinion of you is good, then i will consider this OK.

Stop attacking other admins. You are deliberately trying to put them into situations where they will bend the rules, to shut you up. This is example for text spam/ insulting admins so they will mute you, then you will try and get them demoted on forums/IRC. This is pathetic childish behaviour, and no admin should ever behave in such a manner. keep in mind that if you attack admins, they WILL NOT like you, and it is the admins who will vote on your application. (an example of this is the constant complaints of muffin/gunther muting you for reasons that seem perfectly reasonable to everyone else... (i will overlook the fact that you called me a liar when i have done nothing of the sort. I merely relayed what others have said to me/what my own opinion is of your in-game conduct)

Once you does this, and meet all of these criteria as well as normal admin criteria and can keep it up for a few months, i would definitely F1 your admin application and he would be great admin, but as he is at the moment, Not a chance. I think if you fix these things and re-apply in a few months you would be great admin.

--> epic, there is no point in arguing against this at this moment in time as i will be away for the next week and i have no interest in arguing these points with you. As far as I am concerned they are my final opinion, And i believe that if you take this to heart and work on it, then others will agree with me that you would be a good admin.

Please just read this carefully, and think about what I have said.

I would appreciate it if other admins would take the time to read this as well, as i hope that they may agree with me... That as you are, you are not suitable admin material due to lack of respect, but with time and if you work at it, you will be good admin.
I will F2 this time, and see what epic does between now and his next admin app. I would hope that other admins will agree, that as he is he is not suitable for admin, but if he works at it he could potentially be good admin. So F2 this time, and see what he has to offer in a few months.

So in conclusion:

epic - I dont think you should be given admin at this point in time,

I think that if you think about what i have said and work to checklist, In a few months, You will make Great admin,

If you do not bother to make the effort and fix your attitude, I doubt you will be given admin, and even if you do the other admins that you have attacked in the past (like muffin, gunther, me, spl@ for example) are likely to be watching you very closely, and will likely attack you in the same way you have attacked them in the past if you slip up the slightest. (not saying they will, but if the opportunity arises i would not pass it up at this moment in time (other admins may be more forgiving), if you improve your attitude i will personally be willing to wipe the slate clean with you, I don't know about other admins but i would hope that they give you another chance...

epic - In the end it is your choice which path you wish to follow, I only hope that you will make an effort to understand what I have said as i think it will really help you as a person.

phew, that took ages -.-
see you all in a week's time :D
grangers FTW :D

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#34 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:39 am

too long. Didnt read.

Oh Epical now new admins are on ya. Youre a good training dummy for them :D
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#35 Post by epicaldude » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 am

Nod_Nod_Nod wrote:too long. Didnt read.

Oh Epical now new admins are on ya. Youre a good training dummy for them :D
In short - almost all admins will prefer to use commands where the game does not benefit from using such commands.

Server now require some nazi commision of what you can say:
it was explained that MUTE is ok because my joke was too old to be funny :roll:

And it was even not true - that bind was used since yesterday only :)
Image Image

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#36 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Great solution to problem:

Epical will never be higher than level 5, as he can barely keep that for a month even after paying for it.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#37 Post by epicaldude » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:46 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:Great solution to problem:

Epical will never be higher than level 5, as he can barely keep that for a month even after paying for it.
Doesn't solve problem like this http://trem.rotaxmame.cz/viewtopic.php?p=16305 and that one where Yalt was muted, and Redman, and so on.

Not using mute and properly working ignore solves all of these problems.
Muffin rages Invi calls him nazi? No problem he ignores Invi and solved.
Image Image