Apparently Racism is allowed, talking is not?

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#31 Post by Rotacak » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 am

mystache wrote:Just to end this thread with a recap: As long as one does not 'spam', as the rules state, there is no limit to the racism and/or bigotry one can express.

That's pretty awful.
Yes.

Maybe it is awful, but we are not lawyers, we do not know all languages and we do not suply Police.

For you is racism awful, for someone else is eating cows awful. We cannot judge this all, but we can judge what is spam.

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

#32 Post by mystache » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Except eating cows is not illegal in a modern society, whereas racism and bigotry is. I guess (ex-)communist countries still have a long way to go when it comes to being a modern society.
Help me understand the little that I know.

Rotacak
Tyrant
Tyrant

#33 Post by Rotacak » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Sadly, ex-communist Czech Republic trying to be "modern" in this way. And only result is that we, Czech people, are discriminated in our own country and stupid groups of nazis (or how they call ourselfs) are strengthened by this modern society. But that is offtopic.

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

#34 Post by mystache » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:58 pm

I guess those Nazis would enjoy playing on your server then!

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#35 Post by grmg.pl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

After cutting the ego (this should look like this and it doesn't) and emotions (too much investment into idiots' threads) out of my "gazillion words -you are fucking wrong- reply" to Rota, I've come to conclusion that he is actually right.

Why would it make a difference to me if I'm playing with a "nigga" or for that matter with "white catholic supremacist fag"? It's a Tremulous game and the only thing that counts is Tremulous fun. I don't care what kind of person you are in your real life, whats your age, religion, IQ level and so on. You can freely express your "white catholic supremacist fag" views as long as you don't spam or disrupt the game. And that is fine by me.

You don't like that, well, that's your problem, you don't have to play/post here. And that is fine by me.

It's his forum, it's his server and if you don't like the rules, you don't have to be here. And this is fine by me.

T2 will be different, at least in the beginning since it has to get popular and get a ROI. And that's fine by me too. He (both rota and EpicFag) is a different individual, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, and if I don't like it I can go fuck myself. And that is fine by me too.

Rotacak wrote:Czech Republic trying to be "modern" in this way. And only result is that we, Czech people, are discriminated in our own country and stupid groups of nazis
Because the rules you have set allow them to express freely and you can't do a fucking thing to shut them up even if they do more damage than good. The benefit of pluralism in society. We in .pl are gonna get 2 gay dudes adopting a child in a few years. Fine by me, I'm not the child, I'm not the parent so it's none of my fucking bussiness.
Fuck'em or in the case of gays "not-fuck'em" if you get the joke.

mystache wrote:Except eating cows is not illegal in a modern society, whereas racism and bigotry is.
We have around 7 billion people around here, whatever the fuck you represent with your ideology I guarantee you that someone has a fucking problem with that.
Fuck'em.

I guess (ex-)communist countries still have a long way to go when it comes to being a modern society.
Actually we do. Assuming Iron Curtain from 1950 till 1990 we're 40 years behind Western countries in understanding democracy and capitalism. Don't like it? Go fuck yourself.

I guess those Nazis would enjoy playing on your server then!
Since I'm in bussiness of selling stuff to people I can already tell you that you would have to make a jew-mode for them, priced high -there aren't many actively-jew-mode-computer-games-playing-nazis around. Otherwise their group as a customers-paying-for-stuff is way to small to even bother to spend $ targeting them.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#36 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 pm

grmg.pl wrote:Why would it make a difference to me if I'm playing with a "nigga" or for that matter with "white catholic supremacist fag"? It's a Tremulous game and the only thing that counts is Tremulous fun. I don't care what kind of person you are in your real life, whats your age, religion, IQ level and so on. You can freely express your "white catholic supremacist fag" views as long as you don't spam or disrupt the game. And that is fine by me.
(Emphasis added of course)

+1
I think there are some who feel the same way.
Last edited by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#37 Post by epicaldude » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm

mystache wrote:racism and/or bigotry one can express.
That's pretty awful.
1) No; When reading "Hitler was right lets kill all the Jews" everyone with half a brain can ask "but wait, why? what?"

"Wait mister Hitler, why are we putting all theses people in the 'work camps'?
I hope they are not being killed there or something?
Can you present us some statistics to prove what is going on?"

"I know we hate Jews because we are poor and they are rich and we suspect them of shady businesses, but please is it worth to KILL THEM? Why not give them a fair trial instead cracking down on entire race?"

Unless there is censorship and the later question is never really asked like in ~1939.

2) Anyway why *racism* would be bad?
I prefer natural brunets. So I am racist by the real meaning of the word.
Why is that awful?

Hitler could be a racist without starting a war,
and Bush/Obama other war criminals can start a war without being racist.
Image Image

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#38 Post by grmg.pl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:56 pm

epicalIdiot wrote:2) Why *racism* would be bad?
Give me a reason for being a racist. A resonable one, not the "I belong to a group, therefore I feel like somebody important" bullshit.

"I know we hate Jews because we are poor and they are rich and we suspect them of shady businesses, but please is it worth to KILL THEM? Why not give them a fair trial instead cracking down on entire race?"
1. You or your family being poor is ENTIRELY YOUR responsibility.
2. Blaming others for your failures is a well known sign of not being in control of your life. Typical losers' excuse for being a loser.
3. We are not poor and the jews are not rich, the statistical distribution of wealth in Poland and Israel is roughly the same.
4. Nobody is making nobody else poor. Some people just do their homework on how to make money. Most of them doesn't, because blaming others is easier than doing the homework

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#39 Post by epicaldude » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:14 pm

grmg.pl wrote:
epicalIdiot wrote:2) Why *racism* would be bad?
Give me a reason for being a racist. A resonable one, not the "I belong to a group, therefore I feel like somebody important" bullshit.
I need a reason to prefer to bang blonds instead brunets?
Maybe I should apply for government permit of who can be my friend?

How about making following law in EU: at least 10% of your friends must be black or jew or you're racist ;-) ?

This is ALREADY happening today in EU ("you must hire at least 10% retards or disabled people, or pay a fine" :) so I recommend to take it to the next level now :)

1. You or your family being poor is ENTIRELY YOUR responsibility.
Sure, but you didn't understood.
I was telling you why you do not need censorship to know that hitler's idea to kill all jews was bad.
You just proven my point. You sad bro? :)
Image Image

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#40 Post by grmg.pl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm

EpicFail wrote:You sad bro?
Very, there are two reasons:
1. Lack of the "Ignore user list".
2. Wasting my time talking with people like you.

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#41 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 pm

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level, beat upon you with their fists of illogical reasonings, and leave you with nothing left but experience"
-Mark Twain
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#42 Post by grmg.pl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm

I need an app that will display this between me pressing "reply" and the actual "reply page".

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#43 Post by Spl@ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 am

TheMuffinMann wrote:The difference is simple... I am an admin, you're a nobody with thousands of nicks...
Lava's a good player with a bad attitude. I for one would appreciate less negativity and less of the bad let's-hurt-people trolling (or what is perceived as such).

And, Lava, don't try to justify it by making points like attacking actions or behaviour or whatever rather than the person… try being constructive, perhaps? (Not always going to be, I accept that, but do try.)
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

#44 Post by mystache » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 am

Spl@ wrote:Lava's a good player with a bad attitude.
The smile you send out returns to you.

Crepes
Dretch
Dretch

#45 Post by Crepes » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Guys, people have twisted the meaning of Racism. You guys can't just say "Oh i like brunettes but not indian people." Yes that is a form of racism, but it's the Denotation not the connotation. The denotation is what the dictionary actually says, "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race" The connotation is what people have come to believe what it is. "Oh you callin a guy black? Oh shit you be racist." Telling someone their color or race isn't racism. It's only pointing out the facts. We're acting like black people and indians and whatever the fuck other race out there is sooooo sensitive to their color. Are we(white people) so sensitive about it? No. So use /ignore or just literally ignore them if you don't like what they're saying.
I'm fuckin delicious.