(hearsay) admin TheMuffinMan kicks (or mute?) without need?

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#41 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 pm

TheMuffinMann wrote:And who is gonna provide us with sufficient space on our harddisks, we have better things to do than to fill this with that.
If 10min = 1MB, then it's simple math.

100 minute game is only 10MB, size of two high-quality songs.

Then, ten 100 minute games are 1,000 minutes, or 100MB.

If so, then one hundred 100min games = 1GB

10,000 min = ~166 hours. That's about 1/3rd of the total time I've ever been on this server.

So, if Hobo is correct, and you have at least 1GB of space somewhere, then you can start recording now, and constantly keep recording for a week.
If you play 2 hours a day, then you could record demos of your games for ~83 days, or almost 3 months.
And that's just with 1GB, supposing you had 2GB (and that's half the space of a $5 dollar storage device)
I'm not trolling, and since I finally figured-ish this out, and I have 1TB HD, now I can set it to auto-record junk every time I go into a game.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#42 Post by grmg.pl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:If you play 2 hours a day, then you could record demos of your games for ~83 days, or almost 3 months.
And that's just with 1GB, supposing you had 2GB (and that's half the space of a $5 dollar storage device)
I'm not trolling, and since I finally figured-ish this out, and I have 1TB HD, now I can set it to auto-record junk every time I go into a game.
And who the fuck is gonna review all the demos? What if someone suspects, records and the demo end up 60 mins long?

What if after a week of recording he ends up with 100 2min long demos? How the fuck anybody is gonna keep up with the names?

People are gonna end up reviewing the demos as much as playing the game.

The idea to record EVERY game, because some dumbfuck MIGHT be bleeding OM for stupid fun, is retarded.

Thats why certain people are lvl7. We trust in their judgment and we trust in their word without them having to provide regular players with demos, screens and logs. You're not included Gunther, no offense nab.

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#43 Post by Spl@ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 pm

I have auto-record enabled. I don't normally need it. But it does mean that if a (recent) recording is needed, it's there…
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#44 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 pm

grmg.pl wrote: You're not included Gunther, no offense nab.
And that's why you don't play anymore, because you know I'd kick you.
How touching. :D
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#45 Post by grmg.pl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 pm

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:And that's why you don't play anymore, because you know I'd kick you.
And that's about the only thing you could do, having little skill to do anything else.

Anyway, back to the reality...:P

Instead of recording 24/7, why don't you "persuade" (send noSound or Harfa with lots of beer :)) Rota to set up a registering system, ie. provide an email like with with the forum registration.
Now all you need to do is sort the logs (ctrl+f) for "deconned" and "teamkilled".

[{USATREM}] !Gunther!
Dragon
Dragon

#46 Post by [{USATREM}] !Gunther! » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 am

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:If we had something along the lines of Epical's form, especially if we get higher traffic (in the far far future), then problems could be resolved quicker because all data would/should be known right up front.
tremulous |ˈtremyələs|
Adjective
Definition:
1. shaking
2. quivering slightly

grmg.pl
Marauder
Marauder

#47 Post by grmg.pl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 am

[{USATREM}] !Gunther! wrote:Epical's form,
I'll rephrase: "your email to register on server and forum" would mean that every player would have been !register'ed.

Epicals' form is for ease of reporting, which is fine by all means, but thats simplified forum reporting.