Apparently Racism is allowed, talking is not?

You were banned/kicked? Someone should be banned?

Moderator: Nod_Nod_Nod

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

Apparently Racism is allowed, talking is not?

#1 Post by mystache » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Calling a mute vote for someone using the word 'nigger' is cancelled by a *spectating* MuffinMan, after which the *spectating* MuffinMan tells players to shut up and play. Telling the *spectating* MuffinMan to shut up results in a mute.

I don't get it?
Help me understand the little that I know.

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#2 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Now... I'll explain it to you...
A signature, for me?

Stop it, you. :$

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#3 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 pm

It is one thing to punish every single incident with greatest measure, which rota does not like....

It is another to make out of every single, minor incident, a huge issue.

As you could have seen... I have muted epical for his fucked up language, I got a report.

I prohibit somebody from getting muted, for a single flaw in his expression. I get a report...

So either I HAVE to be an asshole muting-banning every minor incident... Or the rules shall be left a little less tight.

The player who used the word nigger, uses it ONCE... Yet people like Lava end up using mindless accusiations of equal and greater worth.. What do they get?.. Wel... They are the ones reporting... If you want to call that justice.. Have it your way!
A signature, for me?

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

#4 Post by mystache » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:08 pm

1) It was a *callvote* mute for someone using the word 'nigger'.
2) Muting someone for the rest of the match is not a 'greatest measure'.
3) I do not break any rules, people using racist language kind of do.
4) Didn't you forget to explain how a player should shut up while a spectator is allowed to not just talk, but to keep harassing the player even if he is not talking anymore?
5) Didn't you forget to explain why muting someone for using the word 'nigger' is a 'greatest measure', while muting someone for saying 'shut up' isn't?

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#5 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 pm

1) It was a callvote, you're right.
2) It is still an action taken, either way you phrase it.
3) So you say that constant accusations, offensive expressions, hates, complaints and everything in a rather rude tone is nothing bad at all?
--- Rule: Don't be an idiot ---
4) Isn't it funny on how you cannot justify yourself ingame but always have a reason to hate and complain, but yourself choose to ignore anything provided against you?
So perhaps I needn't even justify myself to you, as you don't justify yourself to us. How about this?
5) So you consider muting a random stranger for a minor incident to be of greater importance than to mute a constant pestilence for providing enough reasons for a mute? - Disrespectful behaviour, constant spam with hate, flame and similar accusations?

Seriously, lava...

You call me an epical, but so far I see you being the one complaining about everything there can be to complain about. I though you had class, but now all I see is some 13 year old (even though you play 20+ years of fps) raging on about camp, talk and all of this...
A signature, for me?

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

#6 Post by mystache » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 pm

1) If it was a callvote, then why do you think you will be held responsible? You are not the server.
2) What's wrong with taking action against racism? Unless you are a racist of course.
3) You accuse me of things, but do you have anything to back it up? Like a demo maybe? I know I have a demo of the entire match, if you would like to see it.
4) Hating and complaining is perfectly allowed? Or is it only allowed for certain people, like you?
5) Again, do you have anything to back up your accusations?
6) Again you did not clarify why you kept harassing me as a spectator, even though I quit talking to you.
7) Isn't it a bit weird for an admin to say 'you can just ignore' me, when someone asks you to stop adressing them all the time? It's not exactly setting a good example.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#7 Post by epicaldude » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 pm

TheMuffinMann wrote: As you could have seen... I have muted epical for his fucked up language, I got a report.
I prohibit somebody from getting muted, for a single flaw in his expression. I get a report...
There is easy solution to this:
- do not use mute
- do not use unmute
- do not use cancel vote
instead make sticky ignore and tell everyone how to use it.

One idea would be to have ignore stick to player ID, and then give mute protection to all registered (so that reconnecting unregistered player can't make it impossible for players that want him ignore to ignore him).

See how this is easy? Then "ignore or not" is not your problem, it's everyone decision so no one can complain because everyone has it his way :)

Actually /ignore as it is now is quite ok, in last 6 months there was ONCE REAL REASON TO USE MUTE (guy flooding as fast as possible for 5 minutes+)
Image Image

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#8 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 pm

mystache wrote:1) If it was a callvote, then why do you think you will be held responsible? You are not the server.
2) What's wrong with taking action against racism? Unless you are a racist of course.
3) You accuse me of things, but do you have anything to back it up? Like a demo maybe? I know I have a demo of the entire match, if you would like to see it.
4) Hating and complaining is perfectly allowed? Or is it only allowed for certain people, like you?
5) Again, do you have anything to back up your accusations?
6) Again you did not clarify why you kept harassing me as a spectator, even though I quit talking to you.
7) Isn't it a bit weird for an admin to say 'you can just ignore' me, when someone asks you to stop adressing them all the time? It's not exactly setting a good example.
1) I am not the server, but I am part of it... NIce way of thinking though.
2) I'd rather be racist than you. So perhaps.
But honestly, no... Racism is wrong, but injustice is worse.
3) I have about 40 Demos containing information about your rude behaviourl.. I could waste some hours making a compilation....
4) Wait a minute.. I am haiting and complaining? Funny that you never see me being all like... You're a fucking retard and I'm the best there is while you just suck and are incapable of thinking properly... Let's just use this... retard offense again?
5) I have several demos
6) Why I did keep on ,,harassing'' you... Easily said... Because you never responded to that what I have asked of you... I can accuse you of hundreds of things, but if it backfires on me, surely I can even avoid the justification and start another accusation... Sounds like you, doesn't it?
7) Is being an idiot also being a great example? I doubt it... So far I only have issues with idiots... Oh wait.. sorry... Idiots can be considered an offense now.. Let's see...

I only have issues with people that seems to have slight mental disabilities or similar defects in their neural areas which could have sociological roots or perhaps even physiological.

epicaldude
Server supporter
Server supporter

#9 Post by epicaldude » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 pm

What is wrong with racism anyway?

"Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior."

I find ugly women less desirable to have sex with.
I find for example Indian women to not be my type - they look ugly to me.
So I am "racist" (when using racist by the actual definition).

Anything wrong with that? Why?

I bet you confuse racism with being violent, you know you can dislike say Chinese dudes and NOT be another Bush or other Hitler.
Image Image

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

For your viewing pleasure...

#10 Post by mystache » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:37 pm

A 100+ minute long demo, 7zipped because it's nearly 26mb in size.

Download

If you are going to accuse people of things but cannot or will not back them up with any evidence, it might be wisest to just not accuse people at all.

Calling me an idiot is not making your argument any stronger, if anything, it just shows you need to keep on insulting because probably have a lack of proper arguments.

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#11 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:42 pm

I am browsing them hundreds of demos...
A signature, for me?

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

#12 Post by mystache » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:49 pm

And what will going through your demos do about the actual subject of this thread? I know you just want to turn this thread into a 'Lava Croft is an idiot/mentally disabled person'-thread, but that's not exactly what this thread was about, now is it?

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#13 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm

What is it you want of me?

Now you don't want me to prove my accusations? Aha?
A signature, for me?

mystache
Dretch
Dretch

#14 Post by mystache » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm

I want you to recognize that your behaviour today was wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. You seem all too keen to play the knight of morality when it comes to people like Epical Dude, but when it comes to yourself, you try to slither through the cracks without taking responsibility.

And sure, bring on the 'proof'! I know I submitted mine, which is actual proof about the actual subject of this thread, not proof about something which is not the subject of this thread.

I guess someone with a higher administrative status than yourself will have to step in, since you do not seem able to oversee this situation without an overly biased viewpoint towards yourself.

[PS] You are very good at putting words like 'nigger' in the same league as words like 'idiot'. Are you sure you are not a racist at heart?

[PS2] If my behaviour is so appaling, how come there isn't a single report about me on these forums? As far as I can see, there's a lot more reports about you than there are about me...

TheMuffinMann
Marauder
Marauder

#15 Post by TheMuffinMann » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Where have I said that my behaviour was correct and right?
Right now I am... unfortunately... trying to defend myself against further attacks....

I'm bringing forth the proof...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93081107@N ... 734422003/

Thank you, you seem to be especially impartial.

Surely I am very good at this, as seemingly everybody gets overly sensitive with accusations and phrasings... Or must I recall the - Lava Flamenoob Croft situation?

The difference is simple... I am an admin, you're a nobody with thousands of nicks...