Rules on server

Rules, mods for download...
PPNL
Server supporter
Server supporter

#16 Post by PPNL » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Union wrote:Supernova is a bad player, he can't take losing very well. He accused me of cheating because my rant "hits far" LOL, and then he flamed us.

McRant :) vaaary fresh grilled by the flamer
I Maul Ya
McDretch
McRauder
*PPNL MAULED **
*PPNL ZaPP ZaPP
Sky Mauler
O_o

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#17 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:29 pm

dont see that pics
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#18 Post by Spl@ » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:14 am

I find warning (via teamchat or /m) then bleeding or team-killing acceptable to prevent, for example, somebody killing the overmind or an egg when team-mates are planning to capture it. I do not believe that such bleed or tk would warrant a kick or ban. The unwanted action wouldn't anyway, though it prevents a disadvantage to the opposing team.

Sometimes, such a warning will allow time for the unwanted action to be completed whereas teamkill is quick enough to stop it; some sort of notification to the player who's committed the unwanted action is necessary, though.

It's not impossible that the player may miss the warning. A single-shot bleed, or perhaps two shots (but not just holding down the fire button), seems appropriate to get their attention – but it needs to be justifiable.

It's really a matter of judgment whether to tk since there are costs to the players involved and, consequently, to their team: can you say something quickly enough? Do you think that the costs of tk outweigh the unwanted action?

Nod_Nod_Nod
Tyrant
Tyrant

#19 Post by Nod_Nod_Nod » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Not more warning though... We lost it with server upgrade, so all that left is verbal punishment - (SONUFABICH! GEH YAR AS QUIET!)
The nodding of the head once to symbolize a greeting, cuz we white folk to damn lazy to open our mouths and speak up. Nods are also easier to shake off than a flase "hello".
"Person nods at you", or your direction, "you nod back"

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

Re: Rules on server

#20 Post by Redemption » Tue May 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Rotacak wrote:Play nice. That's all. We playing for fun.

You can lucispam (pulsespam, blasterspam, tyrant maul spam...).
You can camp, jetcamp.
You can trap egg by teslas (or node with acid) only when it's not last.
You can speak in your language.
You can be a battlegranger, but do expect to be teamkilled often.
In other words - you can play.

You can't cheat - ban.
You can't destroy your own base on purpose - ban.
You can't teamkill on purpose (when teamkilled player does not agree with that) - ban.
You can't use bugs in the maps, which will cause a disbalance or complete invulnerability of either team - ban.
You can't repeatedly abuse on purpose (swearing, vote spam, bind spam, blocking, teambleeding...) - ban.
In other words - you can't be an idiot.
FYI i just relised this but it says nothing about vote draw after 5 mins = kick?

and i saw someone get kicked for that very reason...
take this fear from me...
before it consumes me whole...
take this fear from me..
before it consumes my soul...

i am dyslexic so plz have sympothy for me plz

Quarko
Server supporter
Server supporter

Re: Rules on server

#21 Post by Quarko » Tue May 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Redemption wrote:and i saw someone get kicked for that very reason...
Ok, we will ban somebody for that.

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#22 Post by Redemption » Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 pm

lol i'm not gona point fingers ant anyone but you better see the whole story.

we were losing and they were winning so we called draw and it passed then somebody number 1 kicked somebody number 2 the next round...

is it right?
take this fear from me..

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#23 Post by Spl@ » Tue May 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Kicking for idiot vote isn't good.

Muting, OTOH, could be a reasonable response; but then there's that two-vote limit. I prefer to cancel…

The ones which I dislike are ‘change map’ and ‘draw’ from the losing team. I'm inclined to cancel those since there's a perfectly acceptable alternative: ‘admit defeat’. Similarly for ‘change map’ from somebody who's just joined and others have been playing for a while – “I don't want to play this map so I don't see why others should eitherâ€￾. Letting that pass is, I think, just wrong.

I've been applying the five-minute rule for changing map and (more loosely) the 90-minute rule for draw votes; if this is fine, I'll continue…
Oh look. Killed again. Back to the tent…

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#24 Post by Iltavuo » Tue May 24, 2011 9:25 pm

There is no 90-minute rule for draw votes as far as I know, I rarely let them pass only when the situation really is a stalemate, either no one is trying to finish the game or both bases are too well built around teleporters/such, meaning no one can win.

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#25 Post by Spl@ » Tue May 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Hmm. Mostly, games are finished well within 90 minutes. It seems reasonable to me to be more lenient about draw votes in long games; but yes, the state of the game is important.

Usually, one team is reducing the other's defences, though, but… Nintendocamp with impenetrable bases and Dark Castle with laggy bases… :roll:

Iltavuo
Server supporter
Server supporter

#26 Post by Iltavuo » Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 am

It's the opposite for me, if it's a 90+ minute game, there can't be that much left anymore anyway. It's a long game where players have been tearing the opposite base slowly away. I find it stupid to have all that effort go in vain by just ending it as a draw. Of course special circumstances are a thing of their own.

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#27 Post by Redemption » Thu May 26, 2011 8:08 pm

ok ok i just read your post and it doesn't rly make sense apart from this:

AMSY has repeatedly called a end match in a draw or change map for numourus maps and spl@ i think you were there when he did some.

b) if we call a draw vote and it passes because of 10 to 5 say, and our team being only 5 that voted yes does that mean you have to kick the person who voted it?

i don't think so...
take this fear from me..

Spl@
Server supporter
Server supporter

#28 Post by Spl@ » Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Redemption wrote:ok ok i just read your post and it doesn't rly make sense apart from this:

AMSY has repeatedly called a end match in a draw or change map for numourus maps and spl@ i think you were there when he did some.
Possibly. I don't recall ams spam-voting just because his team's losing, though.
b)
Where was 'a)'? :roll:
if we call a draw vote and it passes because of 10 to 5 say, and our team being only 5 that voted yes does that mean you have to kick the person who voted it?

i don't think so...
Correct.

I've not said that I would kick people for that. Warn, perhaps; mute, perhaps. I don't recall kicking for bad votes (though it's possible that I might do that to persistent offenders), but it's not unknown for kick votes to be called for that reason.

Redemption
Marauder
Marauder

#29 Post by Redemption » Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 pm

not you amsy.

and he has spammed nomurus draw votes at the start of the maps like M1B7

and so on and so forth.

now, i'm not trying to pick a fight amsy but i think people should be able to draw votes when they're losing and see if it will pass.
take this fear from me..

Sgt. Silverburn
Dretch
Dretch

#30 Post by Sgt. Silverburn » Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 am

People can only vote 2 times per map I believe. So if it's an idiot vote, you can just cancel it as an admin...

If however, he does it at the start of every map, you might wanna be a bit more stern.